S4/A4 Avant dog restraint advice please.

rabhrab

Reaction score
Hi all, can l ask what solutions you have to restrain a lab pup in the rear of an Avant? He wears a harness and would like to restrain him using the eyes in the floor as he wants to climb through the space between the fitted Audi pull up dog screen and the rear quarter windows. All suggestions gratefully received!

I've always used dog crates for my two Border Collies. I have two of this type of crate:

S l300

Which I've modified slightly so they both fit in the boot, and a boot liner with fold-out flap to cover the bumper when they're getting in/out.

I've never been too keen on the harness/restraint combos and have crated them both for travel since they were pups.

Reactions: rabhrab
Found a photo of them for size reference. They do fit with the seats up but the boot is then 100% full with 2 of them (And the boot never looks like it's going to clear them but always does...)
DCIM10203

Reactions: spartacus68, Bristle Hound and rabhrab
I've always used dog crates for my two Border Collies. I have two of this type of crate

Thanks for this Andrew. I also have one these crates, along with a Hatchbag liner, but my lab pup is getting a bit big for this carrier now and will only get bigger! I wondered if there was anyone who had successfully used the floor eyes for this purpose?