S3 Stolen!

OMG I have just seen this after not being able to get for a bit. This makes me so MAD. stealing cars is one thing but to burst into someones house to do it, they need to die. So they don't have the skills to steal the car so they break in, it's most likely for a post office job. if it was stolen to order i would imagine they would know how to take one without having to expose themselves to such a risk, they must be nutters, hence why i say post office. I really hope the coppers get the b*st*rds, and no you dont want the car back. as for other motors get another S3 and de-badge it! I cant believe you had to go through this, makes me wish I had a gun.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks everyone.

I think a tracker sounds like a good idea, it might have made them think twice? Also, I wonder if swapping the S3 badges for plain old A3 ones would have fooled them.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont think removing badegs would make a diff mate - if someone wants to steal ur car its gonna go - thats the way i see it and atthe end of the day it is a material item so quit worrying mate (hard i know)

you gonna replace it with another or going for something more covert?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think its more being in that situation again, best thing to do is improve safety in house, and ID someone before you open the door, its working ok for me so far.

Greg, add me to the list for tracker, not that my car is worth much more that i want those theiving gets caught and have some sort of a record for police to monitor, some jail time for them would be nice too without me being put in jail battering them, last thing i'd want for myself would be living looking over my shoulder again, it can only get worse, basically i wouldn't want to be the one doing jail time when its some one else who provoked me damned jail system

Tracker...hmmm

Do you really want the car back after its been ragged ?

It is scary if something like this happens. All they want is the car so just give them the keys to keep yourself safe.

One question, how does tracker know if the vehicle is being moved illegally on the horizon and monitor models?

An illegal movement for the tracker horizon would be if the car was started without the keys or moved somehow without the keys, on a low loader for example. Tracker would then notify you off the movement. If the car was moved with your keys, then forget it.

An illegal movement with the monitor will not be noted, until you wake up and see your car is gone.

I have had both of these fitted (to different cars), and felt alot more confident with the horizon. I know it's dearer, but i would rather be informed when the car is stolen, and not the other way round.

Sounds very good. The idea of a car being taken on a low loader is scary but very feasible. I have a mate who's into banger racing and a lot of his friends drive around at weekends looking for car's to strip and race with their lowloaders. Obviously a flimsy Audi would not be taken by them but it's an easy way for them to strip it.

Nissan Sunny's were the cars they were after!

thats a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif take, really sorry 2 hear what happen m8 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
makes me wish I had a gun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know if your serious.... no /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

As for the scumm, just cap em in the kness with a 9mm.. let em drip dry!

Sorry to hear of your missfortune

[ QUOTE ]
Tracker...hmmm

Do you really want the car back after its been ragged ?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you'd want them to take your car then get away wiith it, theyll love you

The S3 has been un-stolen!

Got a phone call at 4.30am from the police saying they'd found it and had arrested the 2 who were inside it.

It had false plates on but has apparently not been damaged. The insurance company are checking out the mechanicals and changing the locks at the moment (hopefully).

Dilema. Do we keep the motor?

I really like the car and want to keep it and would feel like the scuzzers who stole it were dictating what I do if we did sell it. However, definitely don't want it to happen again.

Would a rebadge, A3 1.6 for example, do the trick? Or a Nissan Micra badge!?
Apparently trackers aren't much of a deterent but would make it more likely you'd get the car back.

A mate of mine had his gorgeous imported 2-door Subaru Impreza Sti (best I've ever seen) stolen from Birmingham airport about 2yrs ago.

Thieves smashed through barriers and they had it on CCTV doing so.

That had Tracker fitted.

Never been found.

Delighted to hear you got it back mate. I'd keep it and use a tracker. They're not 100% fool proof but then again the S3 is a real nice car. Oh and get a big dog.

At least they knicked some people (for a change).

A bit of a dilemma, after something like this.

The tracker horizon proven recovery rate is 98%.

Good luck with your decision. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Great news that they got the thieving a-holes.

I don't know how this incident would affect the re-sale value of the car, as it'd now be classed as stolen and recovered but if it's all put right i think i'd keep it.

As for de-badging etc, i'd agree with dummi in that if they want it that badly, they will get it regardless (unfortunate but true).

is the horizon the one that turns itself on automatically. if so the others will the others have lower %s? I would guess so.

mmm

still better chance to catch the scum

satisfaction worth paying for.

great news /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

this is the tough part, if its not too thrashed i'd keep it and reinforce my home, thicker doors, windows, locks and monitored alarm

don't let them wreck your QOL by taking your toy/audi, it is material at the end of the day and replaceable, all that i wouldn't want to happen is be confronted by the situation threatened and worse in my home. if you get some pleasure like driving the car don't give it up, you would be giving up things on account of them,, if i put that across right, everything comes and goes, if it goes it goes, stick a tracker in it as above and get it recovered, feel like i'm covering simple ground,, but then i remember how irrational i was when i went through so i guess i'm trying to say don't hide or be scared, keep everything ticking over, once you start cutting things out of your life, it becomes cut this out, cut that out, to protect yourself from enjoying life, i'm sure anxiety will disapear soon as everything ticks along

So what have the police said about the 2 scum they caught; breaking and entering, theft from house, theft of motor vehicle, threatening behaviour, etc.

I think you have a right to be informed.