S3 side skirts on a standard A3 sportback help please

luvdorf

Reaction score
hey, wonder if you can help a newbie. A friend has offered me side skirts from an S3 which he says will fit my 5 door 2011 Standard A3 which doesn’t have any side skirts. Do the Just bond on as he’s suggested ?
Thank you

They do fit and there is a guide somewhere to get them to fit correctly and what parts you need as well.

I've been after a set for a while now but cane seem to find any for decent price, and a lot seem to be for the 3 door not the sportback. And all are the wrong colour so need panting.

For the genuine ones you will need clips of I recall correctly. I did this to my 8P S line about 6 years ago, I’m sure I had to buy some clips from TPS. As Adam says the genuine 5 door ones are hard to come buy, so make sure they are the genuine ones and not the cheap fibreglass ones. I got lucky with mines considering the 8P was very new at the time.

Hey thanks. What’s the clips for?

To hold the skirts onto the car. The genuine ones are clipped in, not glued like the fake ones. If you have a look at a genuine skirt, you will see the holes where the clips need to be placed in order to fit them to car. That’s assuming your car had the holes. I did this on a s-line which already had the wholes on chassis, but not sure if other models will have them.

Have a look at the holes here.

Attachments

• 13820992-6395-43F1-89E5-A4672C52FA7D.jpeg
    13820992-6395-43F1-89E5-A4672C52FA7D.jpeg
    295 KB · Views: 98
How do the clips fit into the sills?

Have a look on the right hand side, you can see the holes on the skirts. The sills should have holes to hold them, or you may need to drill them if your car doesn’t. Also bear in mind you will need to change your sill trims too or trim your existing ones a little as otherwise they will not fit.