S3 Saloon in the BTCC

kwistof

South East Events Moderator
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I don't usually vacate into this part of the forum due to being an 8l owner.

However I did go to brands hatch yesterday and saw a rather tasty looking S3 Saloon at the BTCC.

Thought you folk may appreciate it

Those arches :drool:

(1 pic was only really needed but I thought we could get a look at all angles of the bodywork ;) )

Reactions: kanecullen89, Snake Pliskin, warren_S5 and 3 others
I don't understand why they call it an S3 though. It is only FWD and has a 1.6 engine in it. It's probably closer to an S line than S3

Product placement, they're all the same bodyshells anyway..

Reactions: warren_S5
Apart from the headlights and the general outline there will be very little shared with an Audi, let alone the S3

I don't understand why they call it an S3 though. It is only FWD and has a 1.6 engine in it. It's probably closer to an S line than S3

The current NGTC spec is actually a 2 litre turbocharged formula(not 1.6),and delivers 300+bhp via a sequential box to the front wheels.

Apart from the headlights and the general outline there will be very little shared with an Audi, let alone the S3

Absolutely right.

As you rightly say,Warren,there's little in common with any road car,apart from some basic similarities such as a 2.0L turbocharged engine.

The cost of a current front running BTCC car is in the region of £200k or more,and the engineering quality is almost to F1 levels in some respects.