S3 rear diff.

fife43

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a 2010 59 plate 8P S3 and I am trying to find out what other VAG cars have the same rear diff and haldex?

Golf r32 mk6r,

I have a diff for sale if you need one

Make sure you check the part number on the casing. Had mine replaced recently I bought OAV525010B which looked OK from the research I did but when it came to fitting turned out the Haldex unit was different but that was sorted by swapping in my original Haldex. On checking my original diff the part number it was OAV525010K. This number also corresponds to later sportbacks.

I thought I would jump in on this post.... its a long story of general incompetence of East Kent Audi and the seemingly non existent mechanical abilities, but I find myself needing a new rear diff as mine has developed a rather annoying whine at 70 to 80 mph.

I've just had the transferbox replaced also due to the same garage making things fail.

So my rear diff has part no 0BR525010B which according to 7ZAP fits A3/S3, TT, Golfs, yetis, superb.

I've found one that looks identical 0BR525010E from a Skoda Yeti 1.8TSI. Its a great price and only done 4000 miles. But that part number on 7ZAP only lists the Yeti.

Does anyone know if it would fit and work correctly? (same ratios)

Maybe I would need to transfer my haldex onto the diff.....

any help or advice would be greatly received.

As per my previous post the one I bought was from Skoda Octavia I believe. Pretty sure you can get away with changing the Haldex but I guarantee it. Havn't used a main dealer for years after many bad experiences. Good independant is the way to go. Luckily I've got 2 great ones within 10 miles of me.