S3 Passesnger recaro slide problem

subby

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Right, after doing some searching about why my passenger seat wont slide when it folds to let someone in the back, i quickly found the problem.

I was expecting the cable to be snapped, but in fact it was the mount that had broken off the frame.

Here the pictures

21062009016Medium.jpg

21062009017Medium.jpg

21062009018Medium.jpg

Has this happened to anyone else?

What did you do to rectify it ?

I guess some sort of metal glue, but it will be under quite alot of force when the cable is pulled so im not really sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

yea im gna try and stick it back on tommorow with some evo stick liquid metal.

no but you'll be wasting you time with the glue....it needs welding some how

Exactly the same problem as me on my passenger side, and my cable has come loose! Not looked into ordering a new part for it? Guess it'll be expensive!!!!

im going try it for the sake of £5, as welding is going to be very awkward, but yea it probaly wont hold.

From what i can tell its part of the main structure so i dont know how it can be replaced!

well you have to consider what forces have broken it in the first place then weigh up how strong you think any glue would be in comparison.... there is no comparison is the answer, personally id try and secure it with another piece of metal perhaps....either that or make a shield for while its being welded

I totally understand what your saying, im an engineer myself.

Its just ive been reading excellent things about jb weld, and i think its worth ago and im not losing anything trying it out apart from a few pounds.

hey good luck to ya fella.... I wish no hardship to someone willing to try :)

nice sig picture btw *thumbs up*

Yeah keep us posted mate, would be v interested to see if it works. Although I think I've lost a part of the mechanism as I dont seem to have any bits of plastic lieing about like yours. (Bought it not working) Does the plastic that surrounds it just pull off out of interest that reveals the mechanism?

hey good luck to ya fella.... I wish no hardship to someone willing to try :)

nice sig picture btw *thumbs up*

Hah its kool, its a bit of a long shot really but oh well.

yea it does pull off, with some twist to get it over the lever.

But the metal clips are a bit weird. They look like they are designed to dig into the plastic and not come out, but you can bend them back and its not too much of a problem.

Ive just stuck it back on with j.b weld and heat helps it go off, and its like a greenhouse in there atm so should set fairly easily.

Will let you know if it has stuck tommorow, however i suspect it will work. Whether its for 1 operation of the mechnism or a million, ill have to wait and see :laugh:

right - it seems to have gone absolutely solid today.

Fitted the cable into the guide, and the seat works perfectly.

For how long is anybodies guess but at least people can now get in the back easily for now.

so can I throw in a slightly different seat problem?

both of my seats tilt and slide HOWEVER....
The passenger seat slides forward and stays forward, like a latch or something holding it in place.
The drivers side once it has been slid forward just slides straight back er, back.

does anyone know about the mechanism that holds it forward?

Is Subby still around does anyone know? PM'd him but nothing yet. This is my exact issue and I'm going to glue mine back tonight.... Just wondering how the heck you pull the bowden cable down enough to re-attach as it's blinkin tight... Not sure it has enough slack!

Anyone experiencing recaros tilting/raising down only and not up? All other functions work

Anyone experiencing recaros tilting/raising down only and not up? All other functions work

Probably one of the limit switches has fallen off, as they are only glued in place. Best to take the seat out and have look from underneath.

Cheers,

so can I throw in a slightly different seat problem?

both of my seats tilt and slide HOWEVER....
The passenger seat slides forward and stays forward, like a latch or something holding it in place.
The drivers side once it has been slid forward just slides straight back er, back.

does anyone know about the mechanism that holds it forward?
Sorry to wake the dead 2 years later but This is nearly exactly what mine are doing. My passenger one wont slide though.
Very annoying while im leaning in the back through the drivers side. Im fighting with the seat as its forcing its self backwards on the runners. My passenger seat also stayes folded forward with the catch having no affect. Iv prob damaged it but pushing the backrest back firmly, puts it right.
Did you ever get to the bottom of this mate?
Paul