S3 is unbelievably beautiful

bluemoona3246

Reaction score
Saw this S3 in Northampton Tesco Extra this evening, if it's yours, kudos to you. The red paint, the alloys, honestly I can understand why the majority of this forum has S3's. Blanked out the numberplate for obvious reasons, could've parked a bit better though ;)
IMG 5109

Reactions: Psyman79
That is not the normal parking of ASN members with the newer cars .

img_0430-jpg.53588

Reactions: Jassyo06, james.allan.923, Nikon and 8 others
Agreed, next a Trolly park is a bit too risky for me!

Reactions: Cymru09, Bandicoot51 and Psyman79
Here's another one for ya :)

If its just red with alloys that does it for ya, how about this.

Loved that little car :)

Reactions: Jassyo06

As far away from any humans as possible!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L, Ben Daniel Grant and 1 other person
Lol Gazwould.....that's me! I've always been a bit OCD about where I leave my car, more so since getting this one. Trolley park......would rather starve!

'Smart' - fair enough, 'stylish' - OK, 'handsome' - possibly, 'unbelievably beautiful'...... nah.

That is not the normal parking of ASN members with the newer cars .

img_0430-jpg.53588

Seems familiar!! The wife has got in to the habit of getting out of the car and calling for a taxi!!

Here's mine tucked away in the corner ....

bbOCjJAS

Reactions: Jassyo06 and jaypers777
On the opposite end of the scale here is friendly BMW 5 series next to mine in the works car park, luckily there was no damage...........needless to say they got several post it notes on the windscreen along with my contact details to discuss there lack of parking ability, they declined my invitation, but funnily enough i have never seem them in that car park again!!!!

Attachments

• 1082.JPG
    1082.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 294
^^^ Wow !!! It's practically in your boot !

I hate to be a hater (I don't really), but whilst I'd say the S3 is a handsome car, to say it is unbelievably beautiful is a bit of a stretch. It's a smart looking hatchback with bigger wheels for god's sake.

I'm not sure I could ever describe a car as unbelievably beautiful, but there are so many much better looking cars out there. And before anyone complains about apples to oranges comparisons, I believe a car can look good for what it is (i.e. some MPVs look better than others) but it needs to be pretty special to qualify as beautiful, e.g.:

2010-12-11-Pagani-03-2379mm6m.jpg

bmw-i8-black.jpg

Maserati-GranTurismo_Sport-2013-hd.jpg

huracan.lamborghini.jpeg

6.jpg

JL4_8288.jpg

alfa-8c-competition-lateral-z.jpg

overviewdynamic.jpg

Volkswagen-Scirroco-R-2010.jpg

1-Jaguar-F-type-Coupe-main-image-large.jpg

and in case the flamebait isn't strong enough:
vw-golf-r.jpg

Reactions: buz
On the opposite end of the scale here is friendly BMW 5 series next to mine in the works car park, luckily there was no damage...........needless to say they got several post it notes on the windscreen along with my contact details to discuss there lack of parking ability, they declined my invitation, but funnily enough i have never seem them in that car park again!!!!
afraid i may not have been as rational about that if it happend to me.

I had an almost similar thing, but there was about an inch gap, also in my works car park. This has increased my paranoia even more, and as such I now only park in single rows so nobody can park behind/in front of me, as well as always wanting an end space. Sad innit?!

Reactions: Rob2k68
It seems my adjectives have been scrutinised here, oh well impressive thread....
Maybe got slightly carried away, would it be acceptable to call it a good looking car?
Carefully trying not to fall into deep puddles

Reactions: Psyman79 and Sandra
It seems my adjectives have been scrutinised here, oh well impressive thread....
Maybe got slightly carried away, would it be acceptable to call it a good looking car?

Fine with me!

Don't feel as though you have to change your opinion, everyone is different :) personally i think the S3 is a fantastic looking car, especially the saloon.

Whilst you have posted some very pretty cars @a3_phil there are a couple there i'd avoid based on looks (and cost obviously) seen a couple of i8s in Aberdeen and they are stinkers :)

Yeah, car looks will always be divisive which is why I posted lots of pics!

Reactions: Psyman79
Something in there for everyone :) Glad you put a couple of Alfas up. Always wanted one but the wife says no :(

That F-Type is immense too, might see if i can get family discount when i have my mid-life crisis after the S3 :)

For me, Aston ticks all of the boxes when you are talking about a 'beautiful car'. I have always loved them and it is my dream to one day own one. On this subject, I was cutting my front lawn last week, and a white Vantage pulled up with the roof down and was picking up my neighbour. I actually had to say 'Wow' out loud. Had a chat and a laugh with the guy, who pulled away enthusiastically, I think for my benefit! Didn't sound too bad as well as being an absolutely beautiful machine. Nothing comes close, but that's just me.

For me, Aston ticks all of the boxes when you are talking about a 'beautiful car'. I have always loved them and it is my dream to one day own one. On this subject, I was cutting my front lawn last week, and a white Vantage pulled up with the roof down and was picking up my neighbour. I actually had to say 'Wow' out loud. Had a chat and a laugh with the guy, who pulled away enthusiastically, I think for my benefit! Didn't sound too bad as well as being an absolutely beautiful machine. Nothing comes close, but that's just me.

It's not just you :) when the wife okayed the S3 i actually looked at what i could get for the same money. Would've been about 8 years old but it would've been an Aston.

I hate to be a hater (I don't really), but whilst I'd say the S3 is a handsome car, to say it is unbelievably beautiful is a bit of a stretch. It's a smart looking hatchback with bigger wheels for god's sake.

I'm not sure I could ever describe a car as unbelievably beautiful, but there are so many much better looking cars out there. And before anyone complains about apples to oranges comparisons, I believe a car can look good for what it is (i.e. some MPVs look better than others) but it needs to be pretty special to qualify as beautiful, e.g.:

2010-12-11-Pagani-03-2379mm6m.jpg

bmw-i8-black.jpg

Maserati-GranTurismo_Sport-2013-hd.jpg

huracan.lamborghini.jpeg

6.jpg

JL4_8288.jpg

alfa-8c-competition-lateral-z.jpg

overviewdynamic.jpg

Volkswagen-Scirroco-R-2010.jpg

1-Jaguar-F-type-Coupe-main-image-large.jpg

and in case the flamebait isn't strong enough:
vw-golf-r.jpg

The Giulietta and the Golf??!! No....! While they are nice cars, they are like the A3/S3, "hansome" is fitting I suppose and they blend in to the rest of the world fairly un-noticed. The others in that line up yeah ok, I particularly like the Scirrocco :)

WTF that's my car!!! :confused: Post pictures of your own lol :D

Worried now if either:
1) you're stalking me
2) I've posted that pic in another thread!!!

:eek::confused::eek::confused::eek::confused::eek:

Last edited:
The Giulietta and the Golf??!! No....! While they are nice cars, they are like the A3/S3, "hansome" is fitting I suppose and they blend in to the rest of the world fairly un-noticed. The others in that line up yeah ok, I particularly like the Scirrocco :)

The Golf was there as a bit of a joke but I stand by the Giuletta being exceptionally good looking, particularly compared to its peers.

ooohhh no, I've always thought they were ugly. Just proves that everyone has different tastes :) it would be boring otherwise

ooohhh no, I've always thought they were ugly. Just proves that everyone has different tastes :) it would be boring otherwise

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! After all this twit is married, so that proves my point lmao :D

Ed-Milliband2.png

Reactions: Jassyo06, RYuill, a3_phil and 1 other person
Yep have to agree my Giulietta Sportiva was the only car I'd look back at once I'd parked it up. It lacked in other areas but exterior styling wasn't one of them.

Any Aston is fab,my fave being the Vanquish/DBS Carbon.........best looking car/best sounding in Da world,closely followed by THIS.........
Awesome
As for the S3,It looks very good indeed especially at night.....Nobody does car exterior lighting "jewellery" better better than Audi.

It's not just you :) when the wife okayed the S3 i actually looked at what i could get for the same money. Would've been about 8 years old but it would've been an Aston.
I told my wife I had ordered my S3 AFTER doing it. Crazy or brave......you decide!!

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Psyman79 and Rob2k68