S3 Dave’s car

s3gazz

Reaction score
Hi guys just thought I’d post here So after a long time 7 years the car is getting what it deserves some TLC Dave will be proud. Thought you would all like to know the car is finally been moved and sent to be rebuilt. The car is going on a few track days when it’s fully fit for purpose might see some of you about one day.
570614922950ef43fc37a4fac1be7d4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jojo, Sandra, s3mad_dude and 1 other person
I’d very much like to attend a few track days next year. Be good if we could organise a couple S3 8L / A3 8L track days with some of the guys on here.

Reactions: Sandra and s3gazz
Ye would be great to meet a few of you guys and see your cars.

Reactions: Sandra
Ye would be great to meet a few of you guys and see your cars.

Deffo! So where are you getting the car re built? You getting it track ready or just revamping it bud?

It’s been done by me a friend who’s handy with cars he has a big garage so should be fun. It’s having a full overhaul really.

Engine is already built need new timing belt and tensioner, the plan originally was to go k04 064 conversion that’s up for sale as we are going to put in it a G25-660 no doubt the whole kit I’ll get from badger5 manifold, down pipe, waste gate ceramic coated all that stuff.

Just clutch I’ll have struggle with as some say single and some say dual mass, but I want to get it all ordered and ready to go.

Injectors I’ll go 1000cc I think they will be good enough, has an in-line full pump but may need to up my car pump it’s self.

Any advice would be welcomed with opened arms I have not had one of these cars for 6 year a lot has probably changed.

Deffo! So where are you getting the car re built? You getting it track ready or just revamping it bud?

Forgot to add it will be a daily also few track days a year with a plan to go Nurburgring.

Cool! So your looking for around 520bhp or there abouts…. The G25-660 is a great turbo!

Badger5 are the guys for sure to get all your bits and bobs from.

I don’t know what everyone is using these days for there in tank pumps, my car still has its DW65 which “touch, wood” hasn’t let me down.

1000cc injectors are perfect for your power goals and for a daily. I would recommend you look into changing your stock ECU though! Obvious candidate is Ignitron.

In terms of clutch setups…… the good old tried and tested LUK dual mass flywheel, LUK pressure plate, Sachs 4 puck clutch will be fine for your power levels.

I wouldn’t bother with a single mass unless your going big big power and have to go down the route of twin and triple plate clutch systems.

Reactions: Sandra and s3gazz
Ye ECU is a catch up thing for me don’t know a thing about them nor what they do differently to standard ECU but if there better I guess it must be a go too thing.

That sounds like the clutch set up I remember someone once telling me to go for so I’ll get it ordered soon.

That sounds like the clutch set up I remember someone once telling me to go for so I’ll get it ordered soon.

I got this clutch set up from auto doc for about £650 delivered with everything I needed you need part numbers shout me

Reactions: s3gazz and Sandra
Hi Gaz, be good to see Daves car back on the road, we all look forward to progress reports. Hope you and the Family are all well.

Reactions: s3gazz
Hi Gaz, be good to see Daves car back on the road, we all look forward to progress reports. Hope you and the Family are all well.

Thank you Sandra we good ye, defo post some progress reports up.