S3 cooling fans

akz786

Reaction score
Should both fans be running when the Climate control is on? irrespective of engine tempertaure?

Regards

Akbar

The fans are of a two speed design. Low and high.
When the air con is switched on the fans will constantly run at their low speed to cool the condenser.

Thanks for the prompt response, so say I start the car in the morning and switch climate on then both fans will run together at their lower speed? even though the engine temp is cold.

Thanks again

ive noticed that if your climates off, you start the engine, 1 fan will go and continue for about 4 mins after you've switched the car off

Yes I noticed that too, but initially if you start you air con/climate control from when cold I would assume both fans to run ( at their lower speed) and not just the small one?

TIA

Thats excellent , can anyone confirm this by just looking under the hood in the morning and switching their climate on please?......

TIA

Just been yout to my car. Stone cold engine.
Started the engine, no fans running. Switched on the Climate with aircon and both fans ran at slow speed. Put the climate into econ mode (no compressor running) and the fan switched off again.

So yes, the fans are linked to the aircon regardless of engine temp.

one of my fans carries on after the engine is turned off whilst cold for a few minutes.....with the econ off!!! (as in light off meaning aircon not on!!)

Anyone any ideas?