RNSE battery drain

LEE69

07 170 DSG
Reaction score
I have a Gloss mk2 RNSE battery drain problem.
It started when I removed the sat nav DVD and put in a music cd, since then the RNSE will drain the battery overnight like it's not going to sleep fully.
Does anyone repair these?
Shall I just put a relay from a switched live to power it?
Would a hard reset sort it?

I don't want it to be a dead paperweight, an expensive one at that lol

Mk2 usually doesnt suffer from this, have you meter tested?

Yes mate, only get the drain when the rnse is in the car. Left it out the car all week and no drain at all.
I also can't connect to 77 to many errors. All started on the day of swapping the cd over.
I removed the feed for the bluetooth too

Ahhhhh you have BT, thats also a big culprit & you've got a mk2, ideally I would get a meter on it testing fuse points for load.

The bt is a factory fit, I removed the blue plug from the quadlock, it doesn't get its power from further down the loom, does it?

I removed telephone from the gateway too

That wont help, you need to either remove said fuse or disconnect the unit, remember the fuse maybe shared, so test wise is better to unplug the hardware directly.

Ahh right ok under the seat pita lol ta for the advice :)

Needs must & it may save you time & money tbh.

Reactions: LEE69
Fuse is no. 8 in the panel at the end of dash drivers side.
I removed it for a bit whilst diagnosing a problem with no bad effects.
You'll know if it's not been turned on by searching for the BT signal.

HTH

Mike

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Never knew there was one so ta, there 2 already in the engine bay fuse box why the need for 3? Mine is in fuse 47 07 plate

Posted using a S8+ with Magic

Never knew there was one so ta, there 2 already in the engine bay fuse box why the need for 3? Mine is in fuse 47 07 plate

Ooops - sorry ignore my response - I was referring to the A4 B7.
Sorry - not sure about the A3.

Mike

Reactions: LEE69

@NHN knows his stuff when it comes to the Rns-e and happily fixed mine when I tried many another person in Scotland and couldn't find any to do it

Ok this is sorted now. Turns out the BT box went again (original and the replacement for it) also messed up the gateway box, all changed and cars back to normal.