RNS-E "Corrupt files" - Help

aa_autos

Reaction score
Hi peeps,
Been trying to search for the propor way to transfer music to my SD card for my RNS-e, but have had no luck :crying:
Ive just been doing the "drag and drop" of my music folders on to the SD, but when inserted into the unit it displays corrupted files.

Would someone know what the correct method is to make this successful? or if there is a program i should be using rather than just "drag and drop" from my windows folder.

thanks in advance

Jag

Which RNSe have you got?

The Mk1 is very touchy about file types. When I had mine there are a few rules:

1. Don't used an SDHC card
2. Don't use anything bigger than a 4GB card
3. Structure it by: Root Folder > Artist > Albums
4. Ensure it only has MP3 files. Make sure there are not any system files, txt files, album artwork in the folders. Just pure music.
5. Don't use any special characters. Just text
6. Make sure the file names are not too big. Keep it under 30 if you can.

The Mk2 isn't so fussy but it's good practice. Only difference is that it can support SDHC and go up to 32GB cards.

Hope that helps

Just convert all the music files to MP3 and then then from 'EDIT' click 'SELECT ALL' then right click on all the newly 'MP3'd' highlighted files and point to 'SEND TO' and select your SD card from the resultant drop down list. Done!

Sorry my mistake not sure if it makes a difference it states "corrupt data"
Ive tested just on one mp3 file and still having difficilty :banghead:

Try formatting the card then save another one across.

It's definitely NOT an SD HC card is it? You can't use HC cards in Mk1

sorry problem solved formated the card as FAT32 , thanks for all the advice!

Sorry to bother everyone again, another noob question, as i have differnt albums how do you navigate through them? from what ive found its only letting be go track by track :banghead:

Thanks again

You need to construct a folder structure whilst the card is connected to the computer.

Depends really. If you are accessing files direct from My documents / music then just drag album folders across onto drive.

If you're dragging stuff from iTunes you need to create folders to drag them into to create the filing structure.

You need to construct a folder structure whilst the card is connected to the computer.

Depends really. If you are accessing files direct from My documents / music then just drag album folders across onto drive.

If you're dragging stuff from iTunes you need to create folders to drag them into to create the filing structure.

thanks for the quick reply warren,

im dragging the album folders, they are placed in different folders on the rns-e, but i cant figure how to navigate file to file, only seems to go track to track .

thanks again

thanks for the quick reply warren,

im dragging the album folders, they are placed in different folders on the rns-e, but i cant figure how to navigate file to file, only seems to go track to track .

thanks again

On the old non MMI units it's a bit less slick. Try pressing the Return button on the RNSE a few times. It should take you back to a root directory???

On the old non MMI units it's a bit less slick. Try pressing the Return button on the RNSE a few times. It should take you back to a root directory???

Once again, thank you Warren!
Now i can navigate through albums without going though every track lol!

Once again, thank you Warren!
Now i can navigate through albums without going though every track lol!

It's not the most intuitive system in the world, defo in need of the refresh it will get in A3 Mk3 in late 2012!!