Rieger Rear Diffuser, not as easy as it sounds!

I phoned xenons UK to see if they supplied one as they have an OE fit for a saloon, albeit out if stock. They are in the process if making carbon fibre ones for the sportsback ready in 1-2 months. I need gloss. They may produce glassfibre in the future, primed ready for paint. Will have to carry on with the Rieger. Will wait for the pics @boydyski. Cheers mate.

Reactions: boydyski
I phoned xenons UK to see if they supplied one as they have an OE fit for a saloon, albeit out if stock. They are in the process if making carbon fibre ones for the sportsback ready in 1-2 months. I need gloss. They may produce glassfibre in the future, primed ready for paint. Will have to carry on with the Rieger. Will wait for the pics @boydyski. Cheers mate.

Here you go bud, these should help. Any questions just give us a shout.

Attachments

• E9741422-CBC3-4871-88DD-9B605FF9DF75.jpeg
    E9741422-CBC3-4871-88DD-9B605FF9DF75.jpeg
    546.3 KB · Views: 565
  • 8E396502-41C0-472F-8DC1-80C72189E0E9.jpeg
    8E396502-41C0-472F-8DC1-80C72189E0E9.jpeg
    1,022.1 KB · Views: 562
  • D50A7C93-00E9-4B00-A2B7-B29B83F7EF21.jpeg
    D50A7C93-00E9-4B00-A2B7-B29B83F7EF21.jpeg
    540.9 KB · Views: 555
Reactions: Leevr
Thanks mate, I'll hopefully get all my mods done this weekend. Hopefully the weather will be my friend. By any chance do you remember the size of drill bit you used?

Got the rieger splitter out of the box and it ****** cracked. 4 inch split along the side. Not even taken it out of the wrapper. Sent an email and tried calling, but of course it's Saturday and it bank holiday so no joy on getting sent a replacement.

Got the rieger splitter out of the box and it ****** cracked. 4 inch split along the side. Not even taken it out of the wrapper. Sent an email and tried calling, but of course it's Saturday and it bank holiday so no joy on getting sent a replacement.
All of that for nothing.... Sucks.

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk

@boydyski how is the upper and side portions attached? When I get a new one through. as your aware this one is cracked, so another wait for a good one. I'm taking it that the plain upper and side fins get screwed in place within the bumper body in the same manner as the lower just obviously not visible. Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks mate, I'll hopefully get all my mods done this weekend. Hopefully the weather will be my friend. By any chance do you remember the size of drill bit you used?

I can’t mate. Probably something around 3-4mm? Just offer a couple up next to the screws and use one that’s slightly smaller than the diameter. This will ensure you get a decent bite when you screw them in. I used a wood drill bit as it’s a lot sharper than masonry etc.

@boydyski how is the upper and side portions attached? When I get a new one through. as your aware this one is cracked, so another wait for a good one. I'm taking it that the plain upper and side fins get screwed in place within the bumper body in the same manner as the lower just obviously not visible. Sorry for all the questions.

Yeah mate exactly the same concept for all of them. Just take a look once it’s offered into place and check where the fins end up. If it’s a nice solid bit of plastic then send a little hole through.

When it comes to the front splitter just be aware of any wires or hose lines lurking about before drilling.

One thing I forgot to mention...the Maxton splitter comes with stupidly oversized fittings, I think they’re 8mm bolts and locking nuts...14 of them!! There’s no way in hell I was gonna drill 14 8mm holes through my bumper. What I did was keep all of the torx screws that’s came off of my OEM diffuser - 10 in total. I then used the torx screws Rieger provided to put the new diffuser on, then the old torx screws for the Maxton splitter up front. I just spaced them out equally - 3 on each curve, and 4 in the centre section.

Hope this helps, sorry to hear about the damage. Hopefully you’ll get a new one sent out ASAP!

Yeah mate exactly the same concept for all of them. Just take a look once it’s offered into place and check where the fins end up. If it’s a nice solid bit of plastic then send a little hole through.

When it comes to the front splitter just be aware of any wires or hose lines lurking about before drilling.

One thing I forgot to mention...the Maxton splitter comes with stupidly oversized fittings, I think they’re 8mm bolts and locking nuts...14 of them!! There’s no way in hell I was gonna drill 14 8mm holes through my bumper. What I did was keep all of the torx screws that’s came off of my OEM diffuser - 10 in total. I then used the torx screws Rieger provided to put the new diffuser on, then the old torx screws for the Maxton splitter up front. I just spaced them out equally - 3 on each curve, and 4 in the centre section.

Hope this helps, sorry to hear about the damage. Hopefully you’ll get a new one sent out ASAP!
Already fitted the splitter mate. Cheers
20180506 145234

Just asked the question to the supplier reference the difference between the two diffusers listed for the S3 and A3. It would appear that the A3 gets a much more aggressive diffuser. Gutted that the A3 get the better looking diffuser.
S3 diffuser is the first pic, A3 second.
Screenshot 20180516 062433
Screenshot 20180516 062423

Just asked the question to the supplier reference the difference between the two diffusers listed for the S3 and A3. It would appear that the A3 gets a much more aggressive diffuser. Gutted that the A3 get the better looking diffuser.
S3 diffuser is the first pic, A3 second. View attachment 155430 View attachment 155431

Yeah but anything's better than the OEM!

Had my Milltek non res valved cat back out on today. Had to modify the diffuser slightly but WOW what a sound!!!!!!!!!

Had my Milltek non res valved cat back out on today. Had to modify the diffuser slightly but WOW what a sound!!!!!!!!!
Do you have a standard diffuser? My replacement arrived today ready for fitting tommorow.

I have the rieger mate I started this post lol.
I’ll try and grab a photo shortly, had to take 1cm out of the inner side and about .5cm on the outer side to fit. Looks and sounds the blllocks now

My bad mate, didn't go back to the first post. Milltek is a proper loud system. I got the race system, no valves.

Cheers mate, with the Rieger on it should improve it.

Yeah every bit of black you need gloss black mate! Will transform the car! Looks ace that

Going to ditch the silver ring for gloss black. Watched the YouTube so all over it like a tramp on chips.

Reactions: boydyski and Nelz-S3
Needs black S3 and Audi rings on back that mate

Looking good guys!

@Nelz-S3 how did you cut the diffuser? The edges look nice and clean!

@Leevr black rings and S3 logo all the way! It took me three attempts to get the right black S3 badge...first was matt, second had a number 3 that wasn’t italic like the S...third was perfect. Just a friendly word of warning mate.

@boydyski do you have a link to the Audi rings and badge you got in gloss black.

All done but I have to say the finish on the Rieger is woeful. Completely different shape and size openings. The cut edges look like they were done on a Friday afternoon with a blunt spoon. I I'd known this before I purchased it is of left well alone and gone for Xenons diffuser. Bit more money but by all account a much better finish. I've contacted the supplier to get Rieger to justify the finish.
20180519 133519 1612x907
20180519 133500 1612x907
20180519 134521 907x1612

Reactions: Nelz-S3
But still Levy, that looks ACE!!!!

Reactions: boydyski and Leevr
I do admit the cut edges where the tips protrude are poo, but no one will see them now the diffuser is on. And as mentioned above it does look pretty damn good.

Are the edges the only thing you're not happy with, or the overall style?

More pics of the car from a distance please!!!

It's just the lower cut edges and around the pipes. Very poor workmanship. I've had to modify quite a bit for my pipes, and more to go still. Just thought it would come with some sort of finished edge. @boydyski i will get some more pics up when its clean.

I’m currently looking at getting the rieger diffuser, but kind of putting me off seeing your post, have you got a link to this xenons diffuser?

You have to email them. When I was getting my Rieger I spoke to the guy and he said they were in the process of making sportsback diffusers. I just couldn't wait, to my detriment.

You have to email them. When I was getting my Rieger I spoke to the guy and he said they were in the process of making sportsback diffusers. I just couldn't wait, to my detriment.

You still cut up about the Rieger?! Did you get a response regarding the gaps?

The Xenonz items are nice, and look like a much more OEM fit...but £370?!!?

You still cut up about the Rieger?! Did you get a response regarding the gaps?

The Xenonz items are nice, and look like a much more OEM fit...but £370?!!?
I was told feedback was going back to Germany. Not sure it'll change anything. Was your diffuser cut badly?