revo vs ram air (intake)

Gavin_s3

Reaction score
I know the revo is highly recommended, who's running the ramair intake? would you recommend it?
It's about half the price but cheaper generally isn't better. Im after a intake then it's map time!

Ramair filter is large. Seen a few where the filter metal end rubs the paint off under the bonnet. No issues with the Revo. However, some people have difficulty fitting the Revo front heatshield. Overall, Revo is better than Ramair for flow which is important.

Reactions: Gavin_s3
I've got the ramair, my car is at 320 with no issues. When it comes to needing a new filter I will buy an itg one to fit to the ramair piping (oversized) which will still work out cheaper than revo. My mapper said it seemed like a good intake

I was running 340ps on the factory airbox/engine cover, and that was on a conservative dyno. I tried a few intakes, including the Revo, but they were either all too loud for my liking or I lost a lot of bottom end torque.

I've just bought the pipercross venom, it an enclosed unit so doesn't take in warm air from the engine and uses the existing vent from the grill into the filter and on to the maf.

interesting nluk, what did you do to get 340 ?

I had the RamAir on my MY09 As 1.8TFSI - it was a lot louder than the Revo on my now S3. The RamAir felt like it gave the car a slight improvement in torque but no figures to back that up.

Yes it is. But that airbox is better than 8p s3 airbox mounted on top of the engine.
Too much restrictions and longer path. It may be good up to certain power level but above that free flowing complete intake would be better.
If you take a look at mk7 r and s3 8v they have much better airbox design and it does great job.