Reviews

If you’re genuinely happy with the DAF wheel that’s cool mate but I just really detest the look of it sorry. Would it stop me getting a Vorsprung I don’t know, I’d have to see one first hand. But you get a pano roof and I would really like one of those but that neatly takes us back to Audi’s ridiculous lack of options. We makes our choices and get what we’re given lol ;)
My TTS had the best steering wheel Audi still make to date but l still sold the car ..as l have always said the spec on the
S3/RS3 cars is fundamentally flawed
No individual external options
No individual alloy wheel options
No individual interior options
So we're all F@@ked in one way or another mate

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
There’s a reason why most Porsches have a round wheel….. oh and a wheel is supposed to be round :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Keano04, Mike.46, NevMan and 3 others
There’s a reason why most Porsches have a round wheel….. oh and a wheel is supposed to be round :tearsofjoy:
Not like a bus wheel though mate!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, SiPie, 8YARWY and 1 other person
My TTS had the best steering wheel Audi still make to date but l still sold the car ..as l have always said the spec on the
S3/RS3 cars is fundamentally flawed
No individual external options
No individual alloy wheel options
No individual interior options
So we're all F@@ked in one way or another mate

tts wheel was awesome agreed.
TTRS wheel is too of course.

yep there’s no clear perfect car with the 8y RS3 we can only pick our nearest best spec and compromise on personal preference.

as you say we’re all most definitely f%#ked lol :)

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: seventeenapg, Terminator x and mb127

Quite a good watch that, Interesting that the RS3 gave him a scary moment, he says the Golf is easier to get in and push hard, RS3 felt like it had too much caffeine to drink

On my (2) Golf 8R test drives I did push the car very hard, oddly I didnt with the RS3

Quite a good watch that, Interesting that the RS3 gave him a scary moment, he says the Golf is easier to get in and push hard, RS3 felt like it had too much caffeine to drink

On my (2) Golf 8R test drives I did push the car very hard, oddly I didnt with the RS3

Can see a software update coming in a few months.
Turn off Torque splitter update 0001.56.

Ze drivers cannot handle Ze car

Reactions: NevMan, kayemill, Mike.46 and 1 other person
I also noticed when RS3 and journo's have been demoing 'Torque rear' setting sometimes the car will give them a good handfull of understeer if they just dont get it 'right'

Reactions: 8YARWY
I also noticed when RS3 and journo's have been demoing 'Torque rear' setting sometimes the car will give them a good handfull of understeer if they just dont get it 'right'

It won’t be long before we have a “Is the Torque splitter set up wrong” thread

Or…..”My RS3 is trying to kill me”

I know one owner who managed to crash his 8V in a car park while showing off launch control, so the 8Y will be an interesting one for those that like to show off.

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Mike.46 and 3vans
Another video.
Same old comparison.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
It’s quite nice, ok it’s great to own a car that the motoring press love and rate as a good drive….but before I had golf R my cars were never rated that highly and normally way down the list in group tests or 3/5. I loved them for sensible and liking exterior and interior, rather than out and out driving feel.
So just excited to be getting a 5cylinder hatchback which is effectively a “sports car” that I’d never thought I’d be able to afford or think was in any way a practical solution for my needs.
I think what I’m saying is, I like my choice and who cares what magazines say….but their praise is a nice confirmation of a good choice

Reactions: kormilo1950, JamesOff, DW81 and 5 others
It’s quite nice, ok it’s great to own a car that the motoring press love and rate as a good drive….but before I had golf R my cars were never rated that highly and normally way down the list in group tests or 3/5. I loved them for sensible and liking exterior and interior, rather than out and out driving feel.
So just excited to be getting a 5cylinder hatchback which is effectively a “sports car” that I’d never thought I’d be able to afford or think was in any way a practical solution for my needs.
I think what I’m saying is, I like my choice and who cares what magazines say….but their praise is a nice confirmation of a good choice
Makes me laugh the amount of people that need a car magazine or YouTube reviewer to rate a car highly before buying one :blink:

Reactions: DW81, RS03???, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Just in case I was misunderstood…I don’t follow the magazines, nice to get some vindication though. Otherwise don’t care….I like the car so I’m buying it.

Reactions: 3vans, 5pot, RS03??? and 1 other person
Just in case I was misunderstood…I don’t follow the magazines, nice to get some vindication though. Otherwise don’t care….I like the car so I’m buying it.
Every test I read with Golf R said the Civic type R was the better track car and the BMW 140? was quicker, but being as I didnt want to look like I had just crashed through Halfords window, nor did I want a BMW with no indicators (I think they are optional extra on BMW's these days) I plumped for Golf R.

It was the best all round car I have ever owned, I sold it this afternoon, still feel a little sad tbh

Reactions: 8YARWY and AndyVWR
Another video.
Same old comparison.

mentions the round steering wheel being BIG but no silly flat bit … not sure he knows what he wants or likes lol

Reactions: AndyVWR and Mike.46
Agree with the end result though - as a daily driver the RS3 wins hands down. Suspension more compliant for uk roads, seats far far more comfortable, four wheel drive system more sure footed, gearbox a lot smoother and the RS3 delivers its power more effortlessly vs the Merc which needs its neck ringing through every gear. The RS3 was on winter tyres in that vid too vs the Merc on Michelins.

Reactions: Daggerit
Agree with the end result though - as a daily driver the RS3 wins hands down. Suspension more compliant for uk roads, seats far far more comfortable, four wheel drive system more sure footed, gearbox a lot smoother and the RS3 delivers its power more effortlessly vs the Merc which needs its neck ringing through every gear. The RS3 was on winter tyres in that vid too vs the Merc on Michelins.

I did note that he specifically said it’s on winter tyres. From experience in my S4 on winter tyres versus summer tyres the launches are noticeably slower, and it still won over that distance.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Can see a software update coming in a few months.
Turn off Torque splitter update 0001.56.

Ze drivers cannot handle Ze car

Remember the video of the Focus RS which drifted into a cliff side whilst showing off the new drift mode? I can see a few 8Ys throwing out the tail a bit too much in the not too distant future...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: AndyVWR
This can be applied to the RS3 now……

Reactions: RS03??? and Jassyo06
The M2 is so hard that it bounces me out of the seat on some roads and I'm sure your A45 was the same. The RS3 I drove was like floating on air, really amazed by it.

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Mike.46
This can be applied to the RS3 now……

Yeah l thought his review was spot on with the RS6 especially mentioning how mundane the interior can be unless you buy a Vorsprung.....no individulisation available in the UK .....No promotion of the exclusive option and not a great prospect on a pcp ergo not very popular
Audi have done something similarly with the RS3 Mundane interior with no customerisation all very samey

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin, RS03??? and 2 others

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 63
  • Haha
Reactions: RS03???, Snake Pliskin, Mastachaz and 1 other person

Good old Marty Feldman

• Haha
Reactions: RS03???, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06

Reactions: K96, Terminator x and Daggerit

That's more what I expected to happen with Archie Hamilton's RS6 race to be honest.

I'm not all that concerned losing to a car with 110 bhp (or potentially more) additional than the RS3. Especially with more gearbox ratios to use as well to make the most of the additional horses. Plus it's potentially 50% more expensive than the RS3...

I know though, on a typical B road at least, the RS3 would have no issue hanging with a RWD M3. Especially if it's slightly damp.

^^ Also if they had used the 4WD M3_4 ...

TX.

Reactions: 8YARWY and Daggerit
^^ Also if they had used the 4WD M3_4 ...

TX.
Yeah, the drag race would've been a washout. I'd hope so though, given the performance and price of the M3 xDrive (£78.5k starting!)...

Reactions: Terminator x and 8YARWY
True, bit of an unfair fight.

TX.

Reactions: Daggerit and 8YARWY

Seen some of these M3s going for the same as these RS3s due to the supply issues. Good alternative imo great car.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
AHR talking his usual over exited big kid in a sweet shop babble, but the chap he's talking to from DMS is well worth listening to, he is talking a lot of sense and
truth around power/weight, area under the graph and why the RS3 is posting such quick times etc etc

Reactions: RS03??? and 3vans
AHR talking his usual over exited big kid in a sweet shop babble, but the chap he's talking to from DMS is well worth listening to, he is talking a lot of sense and
truth around power/weight, area under the graph and why the RS3 is posting such quick times etc etc

One clever guy and one not so clever

An interesting video, and not really a surprise at the result.

• Haha
Reactions: RS03???, 3vans, Mike.46 and 1 other person
One clever guy and one not so clever

An interesting video, and not really a surprise at the result.
I used to do a lot of Porsche stuff, we had a real nice conversion for (at the time 911 Turbo 2) It gave 425hp (seemed like a lot at the time :) ) and a power curve like the outside of a circle from 9 - 12 oclock, 'massive area under under the curve', a customer of ours went to a rival offering 550 hp and then put it on our dyno, it had a, well it didnt have a curve it had a power curve like a Church spire, 200 ish hp up to 5500rpm then the church spire effect to 550 hp and all over by 6500rpm

Seen some of these M3s going for the same as these RS3s due to the supply issues. Good alternative imo great car.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
M3 blew the RS3....oot the water....making the M3 Xdrive....a serious fast car especially off the mark

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin