retro fit xenons

Amchlolor

Reaction score
Is it possible ?
If so,I might have a word with the leasing company and ask if they'll allow it.
Just be a small adjustment to the monthly figures.

Dealer says it's factory only..
Unless any of you can advise differently,it's a no-go..

Booger..

It is probably due to the automatic height adjustment. But if you buy the actual headlight units (I have VAG part no.), Hella has a kit for automatic height adjustment for retrofitting. The last requirement for a legal install is washers, which I guess your car allready has.

Regards,
Anders

I retro fitted xenons on my last car. It is possible as there are loads of kits on the market for H7 bulbs, however unless you have head lamp washers they will be ilegal and I found that with out projector lenses the beam had to be lowered so oncoming traffic was not blinded.

Factory fitted xenons will also have the auto beam adjuster which you may be able to retro fit but I don't know.

Fitting the kit (on my last car anyway) is quite straight fwd. You need to find safe places to secure the ballast and run the wires to the battery.

Hope some of this info is Useful.

Which kit did you go for in the end? Have you changed the projector?

Regards,
Anders

By the way, isn't headlight washers standard on a new A3 (8P)?

I believe my Ambition with standard halogen light has them... (and the 5 litre tank for washer fluid)

Regards,
Anders

As I said it was in my last car (Civic Type R) that I changed to xenons not the current A3 (8p). HeadLamp washers are not standard in the UK. they do come with the Xenon kit but only because they are required by law in the UK.

Just out of interest does any one know if it is possible to
fit projector lens to the dipped beam. Or does it require a new head lamp?

IMO the cut off lines on a projector lens is much nicer, with or without xenons.

I am very interested in this info as well DSGSport. I don't want to do a upgrade to Xenon using one of these cheap H7 HID kits floating around, rather something that is similar to original.

That's why I want to get new projectors and housings as well. But it seems difficult to get hold of...

Br,

Try on the Piaa website, they do a Xenon replacement for the H7 bulb, they are expensive and I did consider doing this as you could go main beam on this route too. But the covers over the light units wont fit with this kit fitted. So I just bought their extra white bulbs, which were a big improvement.

Have seen plenty of the H7 replacement Xenon kits, but I though I should get OEM housings and projectors. Anyone know the pricing ?

Any of the non-OEM kit come with the projector??

Regards,
Anders

i bought a xenon kit off german ebay for £140. 2xhella ballast and 2xosram D2S bulbs.
definately best in projector housing as i don't dazzle anyone

Any idea where I can get hold of projector housing and approx. pricing?

Br,
Anders

Had a quick look on ebay yesterday and it only came up with some prjector headlamp units for civic's.