Replacing The Bose Subwoofer On My A3

I fancy one of them for my s3 looks nice and tidy and doesnt really effect boot space although my bose with rns-e is very bassy as removed the bose wire from back of head unit witch controls bose level. Sounds like proper sub now

I bought a custom sub enclosure for the A3 from somebody on here but I want to have a hidden sub really. Looking to get back what I paid for it if anyone is interested, it was £50. He did a good job of making it, it's already carpeted. PM me if you are interested and I will put it in the classifieds for you.

Here is the sale thread:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-a3-8p-stealth-sub-box.213263/

Nice install, I had been looking at these sub boxes but I want stealth really so been keeping an eye out for one of the stealth enclosures but people seem to be holding tightly onto them. I found a company who builds custom fibreglass stealth boxes but they are a distance from me, they were willing to make one for the person who let them use their car for free so they can then sell them to the rest of us. I posted on here but there were no takers :(
Who was this company and where are they based?

Who was this company and where are they based?

Visual ICE and I think South Yorkshire. Annoyingly they have one for the 8L and the 8V, you would have thought they would have an 8P by now seeing as how many are about.

Ahh ok, still too far for me... Was thinking of just getting the box that had been used in this thread but I didn't want the sub on show

Same here, since before buying my A3 I was looking at sub options and the only ox I could find on the aftermarket was the one the OP has used but I want total stealth like oem.

Seriously? your that lazy that even though the instructions are given to you, you still can't be bothered to read to the bottom of the PDF document that clearly shows the pinouts for the non bose connectors?

Hi, I believe your comment was uncalled for.

I have read that document a few times even before you linked it here.

I read it from top until the part that it says about Bose connector wires and i thought he only covered the Bose stuff and didn't read much further.

I do apologize for commenting before reading everything fully however at the end of the day we are all on here to learn and to try customize our cars the way we want. No insults required.

Having read the thread further i thank you for your extended explanation to smurfworth and others, its making a lot more sense now.

Having read your comment I'm at a position where I'm nearly 100% sure on the things that are required to fit this. Thank you

Hi, I believe your comment was uncalled for.

I have read that document a few times even before you linked it here.

I read it from top until the part that it says about Bose connector wires and i thought he only covered the Bose stuff and didn't read much further.

I do apologize for commenting before reading everything fully however at the end of the day we are all on here to learn and to try customize our cars the way we want. No insults required.

Having read the thread further i thank you for your extended explanation to smurfworth and others, its making a lot more sense now.

Having read your comment I'm at a position where I'm nearly 100% sure on the things that are required to fit this. Thank you
I apologise if i came across rude but with all the given info i thought it would have been enough... anyway as you have read the other info and its making more sense now i hope that you can get this sorted out, its actually fairly straight forward if you do the install in stages. take your time and do one bit at a time... this kind of install would take me about 2 hours but then again i have stripped these cars down over and over so I'm confident with it... for someone who isn't as experienced i would have thought an extra hour to get around the stripping down the car... plan 4 hours for the install and i think you should have cracked it.

Can anyone clarify some points for me please?
I apologise if i came across rude but with all the given info i thought it would have been enough... anyway as you have read the other info and its making more sense now i hope that you can get this sorted out, its actually fairly straight forward if you do the install in stages. take your time and do one bit at a time... this kind of install would take me about 2 hours but then again i have stripped these cars down over and over so I'm confident with it... for someone who isn't as experienced i would have thought an extra hour to get around the stripping down the car... plan 4 hours for the install and i think you should have cracked it.

I have already taken the sub-woofer panel out a few times and also the glove box....

I'm quite good at the practical parts, but when it gets into electronics I'm not that great, can soldier so that's not to bad.

I will do a spec up and maybe confirm with the guys here to see if all the parts would work with each other?

Thanks

Please dont hurt me if this is all wrong.....Ive been reading all these posts and this is what i have got to...

Is this diagram right if i want to replace the standard sub in my audi s3 58 plate non bose....

Attachments

• SUB DIA.png
    SUB DIA.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 249
Don't know if it fits 2008 A3, but between HU and stock amp there goes two Line signal wires (L & R) and after amp sound goes to rear speakers and subwoofer. Now it depends what you want to do further, remove whole woofer/amp box or keep stock amp for rears but have another amplifier for subwoofer.

I want to keep the original amp for the rear speakers and then add a new amp for a new subwoofer.

Then you should try to track down the Line wires going to the OEM amp ant take signal from it.

Okay cheers so I can just splice into the left and right signal line and the power to the new amp