Replaced hose and then turbo blew to pieces ! Hybrid ordered

TDI140

Reaction score
Picture shows Old turbo compressor housing/inlet boot and the new one on the right thats the cause of turbo blowing up, look how badly damaged the old one is compared to the new one

went to my mates garage to swap them over and as soon as we got the car on the road we hear a massive POP/BANG he turned the car straight off and got it back on the ramp to find the turbo housing split into 2 pieces and the shaft and compressor wheel completely bent to one side, so we rang up turbo dynamics to order my stage 2 hybrid turbo and they said my turbo had major damage so cant exchange so i had to buy one and will keep my old one as a trophy !

How much is the new one costing you ?

Deep hole in my pocket pal and ill need a clutch soon after but ill drive it reaponsibly to delay the clutch purchasing, new hybris cost £954 thats with VAT they dont even give trade discount which is abit of a bummer but it was that or pay £650 for new standard one S mine is in no state to be reconditioned its a pure mess,

Wow what a bummer...Mine feels like it's going out also ....had the turbo go out on me on the M1 yesterday. I did the usually turn off and on again and came back ....but sooner or later ..I'm going to hear a bang :gun2:... then I'm going Hybrid...but will have empty pockets @ the end.

Tell me about it pal i never had the police siren noise or anything it just suddenly went as soon as that hose was connected but my mate turned the car off as soon as he heard the bang so the engine wasnt damaged, bow i just have to wait till wednesday mext week before its back after having hybrid stage 2 fitted from turbo dynamics and remapped to 1.7bar and oil and filter change pluss new oil feed should be running fine after that i hope