removing the front, advice plz!

here is the bumper then, on the car, but haven't got any side mounts yet so excuse the duct tape!
DSC00101.jpg

looks the bizzo Steve! really has the presence it will look awesome when painted.
i prefer with fogs even though they dont get much use

i might try and modify the a4 ones to fit, its just a case of the mounting holes not lining up really. the s4 ones are expensive so im trying to avoid buying them! this bumper thing will of cost me £350 by the time its painted - and thats with second hand stuff.

oh i thought the existing fogs would line up how wrong was i, it seems like a big headache m8 im sure it will be worth it in the end ;-)

its not too bad. its just knowing what bits to get. people on here have been really helpfull, it will be easy to fit it now i know what i need. if the s4 bumper is the same age as the car then im sure it would go straight on. s4 fogs have a smaller oval lense but a4 ones are round, and only 2 of the holes line up. you have to saw the third one off as its in the way.

Nice one steve, looks the business, really looking forward to getting mine back now. I'll let you know by wednesday if both my wing mounts are any good for you to use. Thanks for keeping me informed.

do you think i should refit the s4 bumper mesh or use mesh that matches the rs4 grille? I carefully dremmelled the grilles from the bumper to save it having to be masked off, so ive got the chance to change it. where can i get rs4 style mesh? any ideas?

rs4 mesh sreve, i think eill look way better, im going to change mine to rs4 style mesh when i get the rs4 grill

alan

yes it would be nice to get it all to match. Just need to find some that looks the same and is easy to work with.

steve in hell-frauds, they sell some mesh just like/very similar to the rs4 mesh and in already black so no need to worry about spraying, or look on ebay ive seen a few people selling it

alan

Picked my bits up today, the part numbers for the facelift S4 bumper and fittings is 8D0807103NGRU(Bumper) the shocks are 8DO807133C just waiting to see what bits are salvagable now.

my facelift shocks were 8d0807133a. and my sidemounts were 8d0807283aa. shame you've had to buy them new. if we had known in time we could of just swapped mounts!:banghead:

Tell me about it !
I've just checked the list of parts and i think he's ordered me just one of the pre facelift wing mounts !!!
so i still need the facelift wing mounts, i have one brand new pre facelift n/s wing mount and 1 second hand o/s wing mount, im going to call the bodyshop in the morning to check as they stripped my car last thing today, if the parts are wrong we still might have to sort something out between us yet !!
I'll get back to you tommorow about 6ish.

ok, my facelift sides are 8d0807283aa & 8d0807284aa check if they will fit your new s4 bumper. they are these. not having much luck either, took bumper to paintshop sunday, phoned today and painter is off sick!

Good news, the bodyshop say everything fit's perfectly which has confused me even more because the new S4 bumper is facelift? and my car is pre facelift, with pre facelift wing mounts, the only new fittings i've had to buy were the s4 bumper shocks, i think the bumper is identical to yours. I bought some crappy angel eye's off Ebay that i will now have to send back, i'll have a look at the forum string about that though.

oh!! maybe the s4 bumpers didnt get facelifted then. or maybe those odd looking side mounts on my car are only for the facelift standard a4 bumper.

mawhitey said:
I am so tempted to get one of these for mine !
just do it !! you know you want to. Just wait till me and Steves post the shots !
where did you get your Angel Eyes from ?
are they any good, easy fit ?

Angel eyes were from ebay, i took a long time decieding what type i wanted as there seems to be so many.

They were dead easy to fit, ok quality i thought straight plug and play more or less into my non facelift, its the angels that need wiring, you need to splice the wires into the side light circuit,its very easy to do

I may be lokking to out mine soon as i have some Valeo one peice lights to go in, when the new HID bulbs turn up.

Drizz , i know you do mate:whistle2: i will think a bit more closer to payday,lol

mckay9uk
Reverse Gear
are you going to get the lower rear bumper colour coded while its in? i reckon mine will look funny with black lower sections so im having the rear lower painted and trying to get s4 sideskirts.
like this......

think im going to doc, so it matches my rs4 grille. just gotta locate some mesh thats the same & easy to work with.

Thats a definate mod i was thinking of doing as i have a new RS4 grille to go on, can you tell me where i can get the mesh from ?

SteveS said:
mckay9uk[URL="http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif"][/URL]
Reverse Gear
are you going to get the lower rear bumper colour coded while its in? i reckon mine will look funny with black lower sections so im having the rear lower painted and trying to get s4 sideskirts.
like this......

[URL="http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p236/stevesaudi/b9cc_27.jpg"][/URL]
Mmmm? i might do, i'll ask to see if they will blow the lower back bumper over when they paint the front.

right then. first of all i appologise for whatever has happened to my digital camera but here it is! at last! s4 bumper on the car!! there's no way a4 fogs will fit so looks like i gotta buy s4 ones:mad: it looks f*cking ace:o.k:

*il post some better ones in daylight*

We need a better picture steve for the full menacing effect ! mine's all painted now just waiting for the headlights to be delivered, i should be posting my pic's later this week !

thanks guys, i'l get some better pics tommorow. my battery's went in the camera just as i took the pic! also, by the time i'd got the bumper gaps right it was dark! havent even seen it myself in daylight yet!

This should be written up as a sticky for bumper removal
Looks very good, I have the bumper but I could be bothered buying washer covers and bonding them on so I just filled them in. FMIC wouldn't fit if I had bought all the bits either!