remaps ?

MICHAEL PARKER

S3 Sportback
Reaction score
Ok guys heres one for you , mu buddy has taken his car to lvs today for a clutch change , their guy was strongly advising him to tell me that i really should go Revo as the software is far better than any other tuner and also the upgrade software is only £99 , now I am booked in at R Tech for a stage 2+as i have read loads of fantastic reviews about them and Nick Gower , what are all your opinions on this subject ?
When Jason at BW Chiptune came to my house and remapped my 118d he was telling me that most of the tuning world purchase the software from him anyway , now i am not saying this relates to our Audi's but for me R Tech at £350 for stage 2 + and Revo at over £700 for stage 2+ I would want all bells whistling for the difference and before anyone shoots me down I obviously realise there are differences in the way the different tuners and companies do the tuning but lvs do not have a rolling road , R Tech do etc etc .

your thoughts ..............

R Tech are not far from me and the deposit has been paid , tbh I have heard a couple of bad things about unicorn but i don't want to fuel a hornets nest so will leave that one .All I am saying is lvs were fairly adamant that Revo is the only way to go but they will say that being as they are a Revo dealer lol .

R Tech are not far from me and the deposit has been paid , tbh I have heard a couple of bad things about unicorn but i don't want to fuel a hornets nest so will leave that one .All I am saying is lvs were fairly adamant that Revo is the only way to go but they will say that being as they are a Revo dealer lol .
pm me what you have heard

i'll second that, i'd love to know whoes had a bad experiance with rick!!?? the guys as sound as they come and a very knoledgeable when it comes to tuning. very very clever guy.

Reactions: Ollie2014
Guys I said i didn't want to start any **** about any tuners , my original thread was about Revo being £700 odd and R Tech and similar tuners being a lot less .

we arnt jumping on you fella, just curious about the bad feedback you've heard.
My money wouldnt go any where else other than unicorn but to answer your question all i could think between the 2 companys would be your paying more for a name??

Hope all goes well who ever you choose mate, makes a big difference.

we arnt jumping on you fella, just curious about the bad feedback you've heard.
My money wouldnt go any where else other than unicorn but to answer your question all i could think between the 2 companys would be your paying more for a name??

Hope all goes well who ever you choose mate, makes a big difference.

You will be totally fine with R-Tech, they did my MK iv golf 1.8T 35000 miles ago and everything has been fine. Just done 700 miles in it this week with no drama.

Reactions: MICHAEL PARKER
No worries , i know from previous experience that these threads can go seriously wrong lol

You will be totally fine with R-Tech, they did my MK iv golf 1.8T 35000 miles ago and everything has been fine. Just done 700 miles in it this week with no drama.
Thanks Peter , i have done a lot of research into R Tech and all reads very good to me .

Also agree, I haven't even used Rick however he is happy to answer questions about my current map and further mapping, I would go custom map all day, revo is well down on Apr, my custom mapped s3 pulled 318 stage one and is a totally animal

Also agree, I haven't even used Rick however he is happy to answer questions about my current map and further mapping, I would go custom map all day, revo is well down on Apr, my custom mapped s3 pulled 318 stage one and is a totally animal

I'd been a Revo user from the start of modifying my S3,and to be fair,had been pretty happy with the results,but I wasn't happy with the lack of development,compared to either their direct competitors,or the custom tuners.

My worry about custom mapping had always been both the customer base,and the reliability but both of those seem not to be an issue as the custom guys have moved forwards.

I use a completely different custom system now,which is probably irrelevant to this,but I think talking to the custom tuners is the way to go now.

I'd been a Revo user from the start of modifying my S3,and to be fair,had been pretty happy with the results,but I wasn't happy with the lack of development,compared to either their direct competitors,or the custom tuners.

My worry about custom mapping had always been both the customer base,and the reliability but both of those seem not to be an issue as the custom guys have moved forwards.

I use a completely different custom system now,which is probably irrelevant to this,but I think talking to the custom tuners is the way to go now.

Thanks for you input Alex , this is something that has been putting me off with Revo , they seem to have stopped any further development with the 8p , they are also very expensive compared to most other tuning companies I have enquirered with , I will see how I go with R tech as I have paid the deposit that they ask for and I am looking forward to the 10th August .

Reactions: S3Alex
I'm only at Revo stage 1 and so I cannot comment from personal experience on their stage 2+ software, however after lots of research on this forum, I came across several S3 owners who were unhappy with their Revo stage 2+ results. Now I know it is about the drive-ability and delivery of the increased power and of course the dyno lottery comes into play as well, but when people are paying the same price for an APR remap or cheaper for custom remaps and are getting 360-370bhp but Revo is only getting 330bhp, then there is clearly something wrong.

This backs up both S3Alex and others statement that Revo have not updated their 8P maps for quite sometime now, which is poor considering they're still charging premium prices for what is no longer a premium product. Money is a big limitation for me and so only having to spend £50 for a Revo stage 2 software upgrade is very appealing over the £350 quote I've got from a reputable local tuner, however do I want a second rate remap? No.

I've only heard good things about R-Tech (and Rick at Unicorn for that matter) so I would highly recommend going down this route rather then Revo if you want to get your moneys worth.

Thanks for you input Alex , this is something that has been putting me off with Revo , they seem to have stopped any further development with the 8p , they are also very expensive compared to most other tuning companies I have enquirered with , I will see how I go with R tech as I have paid the deposit that they ask for and I am looking forward to the 10th August .

I was certainly pleased with the product initially,but as you say,development appeared to stall for a considerable time,while all the other companies just kept developing the software.

It's a pity,as for some time,they were the only company offering a path from Stg1,through to a full on big turbo conversion.

I'm only at Revo stage 1 and so I cannot comment from personal experience on their stage 2+ software, however after lots of research on this forum, I came across several S3 owners who were unhappy with their Revo stage 2+ results. Now I know it is about the drive-ability and delivery of the increased power and of course the dyno lottery comes into play as well, but when people are paying the same price for an APR remap or cheaper for custom remaps and are getting 360-370bhp but Revo is only getting 330bhp, then there is clearly something wrong.

This backs up both S3Alex and others statement that Revo have not updated their 8P maps for quite sometime now, which is poor considering they're still charging premium prices for what is no longer a premium product. Money is a big limitation for me and so only having to spend £50 for a Revo stage 2 software upgrade is very appealing over the £350 quote I've got from a reputable local tuner, however do I want a second rate remap? No.

I've only heard good things about R-Tech (and Rick at Unicorn for that matter) so I would highly recommend going down this route rather then Revo if you want to get your moneys worth.

My impression was that there was a lot of complacency with the existing Stg1-4 software up and running,and not a lot of competition.
Then the S3 8V came along,and a lot of effort was chucked at that,and in the process it seemed the much larger existing base of 8P owners were forgotten.

I was told of Stg4 updates that never surfaced,but that's not a big deal as there were so few of us.

Things have moved on,and the custom tuners have served that well.

Reactions: outsideline and HHS3
If you are near to RTech then it's a no brainier - use Nick.

There will always always always be bad things said about all tuners, and for that matter any service provider. Sometimes people just have unreasonable expectations and don't understand what's going on at a more technical level. You know what it's like when you are on Tripadvisor and there are 200 great reviews followed by one bad one who wasn't happy that the Italian chef didn't know how to make Shepherd's pie...

Rick

Reactions: SnazzyWafles, doctor46goat, desertstorm and 8 others
Thankyou Rick

Yes I fully understand and that's why I said from the start , I didn't want to cause anyone or any business any harm , R Tech are more or less just up the road from me as I am in Grantham and they are obviously in Hinkley .