Really stuck..... any ideas?

J B

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So the short version is one of the dog bone bolts that goes into the sub frame has sheared, now I cant get the mount off to even attempt to get the rest of the bolt out has anyone got any ideas? The other bolt hole was not threaded and the bolt came straight out I'm assuming that both the holes are the same!? Its been soaking in WD40 but to no avail, I havnt got a drill that can get into the gap to use easy outs ect so anyone got any ideas?

SDC11156.jpg

SDC11158.jpg

This is a VERY common problem.

I can tell you now that the problem is that the bolt is coroded to the aluminum dog bone and not in the subframe.

Undo the rest of the bolts, spray it with GT85/Plus Gas, put a screwdriver or lever bar behind the mount and smash the living f*ck out of it. Failing that put the end bolt in and then gentle kick the clutch to get it to free from the mount. Get yourself two new bolts and a new mount and throw it back together. (as apposed to just the bush)

The thread of the bolt came out with a pair of pliers when I did mine.

:)

Mine was the same -

215265_10150270672190130_709735129_9310897_3497317_n.jpg

Luckily a certain Mr Prawn had a spare knocking about though!

224695_10150270672405130_709735129_9310900_32519_n.jpg

Last edited:
Might try to get off by putting the bottom two bolts back on and go for a little drive and see if that will loosen it up. Dont really want to render the dogbone unusable as there about £80 new!

Cheers

Might try to get off by putting the bottom two bolts back on and go for a little drive and see if that will loosen it up. Dont really want to render the dogbone unusable as there about £80 new!

Cheers

I may have a literally brand new one in my attic (from a Leon Cupra R 2005). I took it off mine when I had an EIP one fitted at 2,000 miles and I'm sure it's been sat in the attic ever since.

I'd sell it to you for £20 + P&P if I still have it.

Last edited:
I had the same problem too, just lots of hitting and swearing, wobbling it about and getting behind it with chisels and pry bars etc.......it will come off eventually.

Oh i also used some heat on the outer edges, not sure if it helped or not, but it certainly started burning the rubber mount lol

hope you get it sorted.

Cheers for the input guys got it off, going for a drive didnt really do anything but I drove up to Storm and we got it off there with a bigger persausion bar:thumbsup:

Thats how mine looks at the mo,both bolt heads snapped off,been like that for a week,driving hard and still no movment so i ordered a full mount off ebay and im going to cut the ****** off!