Rad Leak

dex140

Reaction score
I think i ahve a rad leak in my 2.0tdi bkd. Are these rads prone to leaking if so anyone know where from? Mite try some radweld and if not a new rad it is

Yep, very common, will be leaking from the bottom corners.

Bit of a pig of a job to do as well.

30420_425570283783_511863783_5421882_916157_n.jpg

Mine went just before Christmas, however my current car is a MK5 golf but it shares the same BKD engine. It seems to be a fairly common problem from what i've read, mine went on the bottom corners too.

Cheers

Chris

Yeah must admit there was a bit of a scary moment when i thoguht it was the head! Anyone used radweld on it?

Just get a new rad mate - not worth messing about.

You can get them a lot cheaper than at main dealers. Have a look on ebay.

I paid about £80 at Eurocarparts for mine, it was made by Nissens and the quality was good, plus about £10 worth of Coolant.

If you are methodical it's an easy job, the hardest part I found was finding all the bolts to remove the front bumper, I subsequently found a guide on this forum, lol.

Have a 'weeping' rad myself not that I can see any coolant etc, but was told so when serviced. Will be changing it when car is at the bodyshop for work cheers for the heads up on the eurocarparts one. Cheapest I'd found was also that ebay one for £95+ postage I think it was.