Quick Q. Removing front bumper, how easy.

paul_r

Reaction score
Its a 2005 model so its the "older" version. How easy is it to remove and replace, and get it to fit exactly as it was before.
I'm getting it painted and they are removing it. My mate says there is a chance they'll never line it up again, dont bother.

there is locating things all over the bumper so it will line up spot on mate not sure on the removal tho soz i need to know myself for when i do the facelift on my car

I took my entire front end off to fit my APR Intercooler, and from what i remember there were four torque screws along the top, wheel arch screws and one bolt behind the wheel arch on each side. There are a few on the underside also.

I managed to line it up perfectly in my garage, so dont worry ;)

I took my entire front end off to fit my APR Intercooler, and from what i remember there were four torque screws along the top, wheel arch screws and one bolt behind the wheel arch on each side. There are a few on the underside also.

I managed to line it up perfectly in my garage, so dont worry ;)

So the bumper comes off as a single unit. No headlights to remove, what about the foglights?

yep removed my front bumper of my 8P3 the other week. 3 No torx on top of the grille and number of torx wheel underneath the car, plus a few philps head. the bumper is then fixed with 1No 10mm bolts on the inside of the arch and a couple of torx heads either side. 1/2 hour off, 1/2 hour on and lined back up no problem :racer:

Last edited:
the headlamps are mounted to the front slam panel/crash bars, and the fogs literally have an electrical connection which you unplug as you drop the bumper off :)

Easy Peasy! As said above a few screws and bolts. Look for the 2 in the inner wing/Arch and carefully pull it off at the wheel arch. Fog wires unplug, head lamps stay where they are. Once re fitted, will line up as before. If I can do it........