Pre-Facelift Power Folding Mirrors for A3?

sa3

Reaction score
Hi All,

So far I've been able to narrow down the mirror part numbers from this thread. I was able to find that the mirror body part numbers are: 8P2 858 531 L - 2003-2008 folding mirror bases Left & 8P2 858 532 L - 2003-2008 folding mirror bases Right. Now I just need to track down door modules and switches as well as info on how to code this.

I know that is usually done with the newer facelift mirrors, however I haven't been able to find any documentation for pre-facelift mirrors. Was curious if anyone knew anything about them? (P/N's?) Here's a video with what I am talking about for reference as well.

03-08 uses latest G modules, there are earlier ones too but best to use G iirc.

You can use later ones but requires wiring changes & disable led indicators.

You can fit 09 & 11 led indicator mirrors to any 8p too with later j, m & 11 p modules noting the P has an integrated door towing & interior monitor button change.

03-08 uses latest G modules, there are earlier ones too but best to use G iirc.

You can use later ones but requires wiring changes & disable led indicators.

You can fit 09 & 11 led indicator mirrors to any 8p too with later j, m & 11 p modules noting the P has an integrated door towing & interior monitor button change.

So I'd be looking at locating the correct mirrors, G Door Modules, and a switch/panel change where the mirror switch is? Would coding be the same as 09 & 11? Also, do you know if I could use the P module with the prefacelift mirrors?

P will work with coding if course & wiring changes, but the door end buttons aren't correct as it changed from 2 to a single button.