Power options for 2.0tdi s-line Black Edition.

SteelCity-G

Reaction score
Bought the car about 3 weeks ago and have changed a few bits on the car so far,wheels/tyres,lowered on eibach sportlines,Front splitter,wind deflectors,badges etc.

Soon i will be wanting to remap the car to release a few more horses,i`ve been told by a local mapper that i can only delete the dpf and map it giving me approx 210bhp/350ftlbs as its a 170bhp model car,but not much else after that,does this sound about right fellas or is there more i can do.

Attachments

• 20160425_125406.jpg
    20160425_125406.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 139
  • 20160502_094633.jpg
    20160502_094633.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 148
That is about right 210-215 bhp is as much as you will get with the standard turbo. That will make a big difference to the way the car drives .
A hybrid turbo would give you more and would be plug and play.

Thanks for your help desertstorm much appreciated,at least i now know hes trustworthy and telling me the truth,i will go with dpf off and map for now unless the turbo packs up then i will go the hybrid turbo route,thanks buddy.:salute:

350lb/ft might be a bit optimistic, but you can get them to be very quick. Unicorn mapped mine (not for maximum power at my request) and DPF+EGR delete. Fuel economy is very noticeably better, in the region of 80miles to a tank more, usually 500miles until the light comes on vs about 430miles before with the same mix of driving. And of course no more DPF light which was getting silly last summer on mine - after 160,000miles it had had enough and was on every few days someties with coil light/limp mode.

In any case expect your clutch to slip - the main downside to remapping manual VAG TDIs, the clutches don't cope well.

I got my 170bhp A3 remapped last month to 202bhp & 340ftIbs/460nm, it completely transformed the car but I didn't get the DPF deleted, only blanked & deleted the EGR. Want to keep the DPF as my son & brother have heart conditions & the Nox gases & very dangerous to folk with heart conditions.

The car has done 82k and is on its original clutch/flywheel so dont expect it to last for very long after its been mapped,its just had a full service including gearbox oil even tho it wasnt due,and im going to get the cambelt and water pump done pre map for piece of mind also.

@Sherv...Thats a good result mate considering you didnt do the dpf delete,and i totally understand why you wouldnt want to delete it,i wouldnt either buddy.:friendly wink:

Reactions: Sherv
I got my 170bhp A3 remapped last month to 202bhp & 340ftIbs/460nm, it completely transformed the car but I didn't get the DPF deleted, only blanked & deleted the EGR. Want to keep the DPF as my son & brother have heart conditions & the Nox gases & very dangerous to folk with heart conditions.

Don't want to offend, but I think you misunderstand what produces the Nox; it's the EGR that controls nox levels by recirculating "used" (oxygen depleted) air, the DPF has nothing to do with it. EGR delete will mean Nox emissions are uncontrolled/natural output of the engine.

In fact removing the EGR and retaining the DPF probably means nox emissions are higher than one without EGR and DPF because;

these filters need to be cleansed periodically (a process called regeneration), burning off the soot in the filter at high temperatures. “When a DPF regenerates there’s a spike in exhaust gas temperature, fuel economy worsens and NOx emissions increase,” says Molden. The effect is especially pronounced under acceleration, when the NOx levels typically double compared with the same acceleration with the DPF operating normally.

The DPF is for trapping particulate matter not gas, ie ash/visible particles. I would have kept mine on my 170, but with it being a PD170 it is prone to DPF light, and at 160k was past its best.

Last edited:
Don't want to offend, but I think you misunderstand what produces the Nox; it's the EGR that controls nox levels by recirculating "used" (oxygen depleted) air, the DPF has nothing to do with it. EGR delete will mean Nox emissions are uncontrolled/natural output of the engine.

In fact removing the EGR and retaining the DPF probably means nox emissions are higher than one without EGR and DPF

Thanks for the info. I did think I could smell the diesel fumes more since getting the EGR blanked. So you think I'd be better getting the DPF done too? It's the CR engine. My mpg isn't great either, £30/half tank of v power does about 150miles of normal driving.

If it's any consolation, mines just passed 90k and the clutch is slipping. Was mapped to 195bhp and 310lb/ft about 12 month ago at 78k with DPF removed and EGR blanked.

How much should I be expecting for a decent map and an EGR blank? I don't have DPF worries as I'm in the PD 140.