Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

Ah yeah - good point ! Vaguely remember seeing this now and suggesting FL owners could fit the PFL ones. Here's my rear (!) pretty neutral looking no lettering or font to match so should work well :-
IMG 0958

Reactions: pburv and Gordo77
Got my puddle lights delivered today and over the past couple of days got some cleaning stuff too

Just 1 thing missing

Oh yeah....... the car itself lol
not be long now

Reactions: Rob2k68
Suspicious indeed... I actually forgot to mention it to my dealer when they fitted mine, but even without me asking, they put them in the box of the new ones in the boot :)
UPDATE....spoke with Wakefield Audi today... they've found my lights and are posting on to me so all come good in the end. Still think that the sensible thing to do would have been as per azibux1......box then boot...DONE.

Reactions: azibux1 and Rob2k68
Cool - thanks matey :friends:

Would be interested to see what the rears look like too if poss.

@Rob2k68 Do you know whether the illuminated sills are battery powered like the one in Audi accessories?

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Gordo77
I've got a feeling your FL ones are wired in mate, all genuine illuminated sills in S5's etc are and the accessories seem to be battery powered for the ease of fitament etc.

Would still like to be sure though!

I actually wondered this... I hope they're not battery powered on the FL.

I've got a feeling your FL ones are wired in mate, all genuine illuminated sills in S5's etc are and the accessories seem to be battery powered for the ease of fitament etc.

Would still like to be sure though!

I hadn't thought of that but have some news ...... I'll post an update in the F/L retrofit to P/F/L thread.

Reactions: SJ43
1b9c0d28b741f107c459ef493c212e52.jpg

Had mine thrown in for free! Only the front though.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Did the dealer arrange this at the point of signing or did it just magically appear with it included?

Almost a rhetorical question i know!

Did the dealer arrange this at the point of signing or did it just magically appear with it included?

Almost a rhetorical question i know!
We spoke about it when I first ordered. Saw them fitted to an A4 in the showroom. Gentle reminder when I signed a few days before collection and he arranged for them to be fitted by the time I got in.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Finally got my new car today after almost 4 months of waiting. I took a very quick few photos whilst hanging around waiting for paperwork

Attachments

• 20160913_112541.jpg
    20160913_112541.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 791
  • 20160913_115245_noplates.jpg
    20160913_115245_noplates.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 914
  • 20160913_115148_noplates.jpg
    20160913_115148_noplates.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 974
  • 20160913_115411.jpg
    20160913_115411.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 952
  • 20160913_115210.jpg
    20160913_115210.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 935
  • 20160913_115310.jpg
    20160913_115310.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 916
Reactions: Naps, S., S3tuart and 18 others
Out with the old and in with the new :D

Attachments

• 20160913_120700_noplates.jpg
    20160913_120700_noplates.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 1,012
Reactions: S., pburv, SW14NY'S and 6 others
Finally got my new car today after almost 4 months of waiting. I took a very quick few photos whilst hanging around waiting for paperwork

Looks stunning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68 and allanmb

Veeeeery nice indeed. My 2nd favourite colour! ;) Enjoy. :)

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and allanmb

Looks very familiar, with two extra doors, enjoy.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and allanmb
I think I just join like all the others, just added quattro..

When I scroll down to STronic, I see: "You have insufficient permission to join moderated user groups."

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and pburv
When I scroll down to STronic, I see: "You have insufficient permission to join moderated user groups."
Did no-one tell you? You don't get the badge just because you own the robo-cogs. No, you need to qualify and earn that badge by posting at least 15 threads about how much better the S&Tonic is than a manual.

Reactions: driver_tim, Jassyo06, azibux1 and 4 others

That looks amazing !! Loving the Tango - congratulations Allan.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv and allanmb
Congratulations mate....Ace looking car...:friends:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68 and allanmb
Thanks! It was a ****** long time in coming! Now to get used to it and all the new toys :D

Reactions: Jassyo06, azibux1, Gordo77 and 3 others
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster here.. just placed my order for a Daytona Grey FL S3 a few days ago.

Out with the old and in with the new :D

allanmb I would love to hear your thoughts about going from an A4 to the lovely new S3! Specifically in terms of exterior design, interior quality and interior space (shoulder room and headroom compared to the A4).

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68 and pburv
Did no-one tell you? You don't get the badge just because you own the robo-cogs. No, you need to qualify and earn that badge by posting at least 15 threads about how much better the S&Tonic is than a manual.
Never knew you as a trouble maker Grant...lol:whistle2:
I take it we are not talking drinks??:haha:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Rob2k68
You can only join that group if you have a saloon...:whistle2:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Rob2k68
Never knew you as a trouble maker Grant...lol:whistle2:
I take it we are not talking drinks??:haha:
Me, trouble? No no, I'm merely relating the trend I've discovered in the dustier ends of the 8V thread archives...

Reactions: Jassyo06, SpeedyFrog, pburv and 1 other person
Me, trouble? No no, I'm merely relating the trend I've discovered in the dustier ends of the 8V thread archives...
Would that be the Face Lift A3 then?.....lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
allanmb I would love to hear your thoughts about going from an A4 to the lovely new S3! Specifically in terms of exterior design, interior quality and interior space (shoulder room and headroom compared to the A4).

Hard to say as I've only driven about 3 miles so far! But first thoughts:
1) Plenty of space in the cabin so far. I don't feel like it is downsized (I had a saloon A4 if that makes a difference)
2) The interior build quality is noticeably poorer than the A4. Dials and dash just feel a little plastic-ier and not as sturdy.
3) The B&O isn't as good as it was in the A4
4) The car is well noise-insulated and sounds quieter for wind noise
5) It goes like stick compared to the A4 ;-)

Reactions: Gordo77, paradigital, Rob2k68 and 2 others
What engine did you have in your A4? I'm "upgrading" from a 136PS 2.0TDIe A4 Saloon to my S3 Saloon.

Nice to hear that the quality isn't massively worse, it was my biggest concern. I had no B&O before and no B&O now, so that won't be a problem :p

What engine did you have in your A4? I'm "upgrading" from a 136PS 2.0TDIe A4 Saloon to my S3 Saloon.

Nice to hear that the quality isn't massively worse, it was my biggest concern. I had no B&O before and no B&O now, so that won't be a problem :p

I upgraded from the 177PS 2.0TDI Quattro, which was a (massive) downgrade from my 3.2 Quattro ;-)

Hi folks ... Here's my one week old 3 Door Panther S3.
Oh mate....love that!!!!! Had a black mk7 GTD and it was ****** to keep clean and the swirls were a pain in the *** so jumped ship to a white Mk7 R. Almost easiest and most forgiving paint. But seeing black here, wow. Looks so god damn good. Must be chuffed. Emailing Glasgow Audi about a new S3. Was thinking Floret Silver with Pano roof. As not a big fan of chrome grill, but black looks really good actually.

Reactions: S3tuart and Rob2k68
A quick shot of the puddle lights and sill lights from when I got home!

Attachments

• 20160913_204909.jpg
    20160913_204909.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 691
Reactions: pburv, G--Man, Gordo77 and 3 others
Oh mate....love that!!!!! Had a black mk7 GTD and it was ****** to keep clean and the swirls were a pain in the *** so jumped ship to a white Mk7 R. Almost easiest and most forgiving paint. But seeing black here, wow. Looks so god damn good. Must be chuffed. Emailing Glasgow Audi about a new S3. Was thinking Floret Silver with Pano roof. As not a big fan of chrome grill, but black looks really good actually.
Thanks FB ... This wee beauty came from Glasgow Audi, I was looking to order a Daytona with the B&O but would have to wait until Nov/Dec. So glad I opted for the Panther which was available. Car was being getting prepped for the showroom, got her in 6 days rather than a couple of months. The people at Ayr Audi were excellent btw. Bet you can't wait to get your motor - sounds awesome with the pano, looking forward to the pics!

Totally stunning mate ... love it