Post Pics Of Your A3/S3 8v In Here

Greetings all. Please enjoy my contribution to the thread. My S3 is finally finished in terms of cosmetics. I know this sort of thing doesn't appeal to all, but if you have a very keen eye , you may notice some of the finer mods on the car.
Id like to give a thanks to my friend Jonno who did the photos for me.
I'd like to give a huge thanks if I may to RollingStock in Sydney, Fulcrum Suspension in Queensland, and Eurospec Tuning in Western Australia for putting it all together for me ( the bits couldn't do :D ). Also thanks to Productive Plastics in WA for their work.
I can only say, it may not look like much but it took a ridiculous amount of time, money and effort to get the look I wanted.View attachment 105168 View attachment 105169 View attachment 105170 View attachment 105171 View attachment 105172 View attachment 105173 View attachment 105174 View attachment 105175
Yup, subtle but very tasty. Nice to see a car that has had a make over without screwing the looks.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06, Simon L and 2 others
What power is it giving with the DTUK box??

I don't know sorry, it's certainly quicker! I'm running it in 3+3 which is the most aggressive but gives the most power I think

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and pburv
Greetings all. Please enjoy my contribution to the thread

That is a fantastic look. My S3 is grey as well, and I think the black wheels set it off brilliantly. Keen for some more details on wheels, lowering, etc

About to fit some Emmanuel Design springs to my S3...

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Thanks for your kind words guys. First off, I have an English friend that explained to me (thankfully coz I was somewhat miffed) that in Europe stock is king. He explained that the all the mods I did , however nice, would completely devalue the car etc. Well down here we get a little over zealous :) I think there is some mad max still floating around the gene pool.Nonetheless
I lowered it on Bilstein B14. The front is rock solid and the back (for a nut like me) was a little squishy,comparatively. Because I wanted that look I needed the wide rims with the tyres rolled on. This created a problem of me not being able to go quite as low as I wanted (another 10mm)
Those rims were supplied by Ross from Rolling Stock who also supplied the B14 (at cost from across Australia just for doing the photos, thats how nice a guy he is) and I'm sure he'd love an international sale, or you can also get the B14 from Ben at Fulcrum Suspension. I'm giving these guys a plug coz in Australia you just wont find quality professional service like these guys. Extraordinary. I'm 45 and I've been around.

You might notice all the chrome has been greyed out. The sill and the 2mm wide strips which took an impossible amount of effort and patience.pics below
IMG 1073
IMG 1074
IMG 1075
IMG 1076
IMG 1077
IMG 1078
IMG 1079

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Bristle Hound, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Oh, and turning this
IMG 0977
into this
IMG 1090
made my therapist very rich. ahh dear. Inexpressible...
I think he just bought an Audi :whistle2:

its all about attention to detail
IMG 1036
IMG 1041

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jcbmally, Rob2k68 and 2 others
This.....^^^ gave me Face Hurt.....PMSL

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68, Simon L and 1 other person
This.....^^^ gave me Face Hurt.....PMSL

Paul calling his brief a pile of junk made my face hurt mate!! lol

@Nytro..................congrats that is a mean looking S3 :) It's poles apart from my stock, chromey, 70's sweeney ride but appreciate the effort you've put in and definitely one of the hottest modded saloons I've seen. Nice pics too mate.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, MattSedg, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Paul calling his brief a pile of junk made my face hurt mate!! lol

@Nytro..................congrats that is a mean looking S3 :) It's poles apart from my stock, chromey, 70's sweeney ride but appreciate the effort you've put in and definitely one of the hottest modded saloons I've seen. Nice pics too mate.

70's Sweeney ride.... Very appropriate lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
lolol thanks guys . that means an awful lot to me. Cheers

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv and Rob2k68
Apologies if I'm bombing the thread with too many photos
To make it clearer for you old people:haha: ( I know u guys have seen this)
IMG 0949
IMG 0950
IMG 1017
IMG 0943
IMG 1062
IMG 0947

And as i said , trying to get the number plate to look flush drove me nuts. You might notice the (enormous) mounting block you get for your tiny number plate which is pre-drilled with all these stylish holes, sits high enough to cover almost the entire grill. So to lower it to where I wanted it , was a case of break this / snap that and no worries! but was a lot of fun.
"Necessity is the mother of invention"
IMG 1080

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv, Jcbmally and 2 others
Apologies if I'm bombing the thread with too many photos
To make it clearer for you old people:haha: ( I know u guys have seen this)View attachment 105348 View attachment 105349 View attachment 105350 View attachment 105352 View attachment 105353 View attachment 105354

And as i said , trying to get the number plate to look flush drove me nuts. You might notice the (enormous) mounting block you get for your tiny number plate which is pre-drilled with all these stylish holes, sits high enough to cover almost the entire grill. So to lower it to where I wanted it , was a case of break this / snap that and no worries! but was a lot of fun.
"Necessity is the mother of invention"
View attachment 105355

Clearer??!! Yer pics are all out of focus.................:whistle2: lol

Nice job mate, those window frame wraps look colour coded to the paintwork? (or is it my knackered old eyes playing tricks on me?!!)

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jcbmally, pburv and 2 others
Well down here we get a little over zealous :) I think there is some mad max still floating around the gene pool.
So,,,, where is the super charger then and the big red switch lol?? :blink:
Gonna do the grill on the wife's Black Edition like yours mate. The black rings look soooooooo sinister IMO.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L, pburv and 2 others
Clearer??!! Yer pics are all out of focus.................:whistle2: lol

Nice job mate, those window frame wraps look colour coded to the paintwork? (or is it my knackered old eyes playing tricks on me?!!)
babahahah. thats coz i have parkinsons lol. Why u think i got my mate to do the photos? Oh you probably guessed that. hahah
Just fluked it really. the colour is called Anthracite and made by MotorSpray. Not bad eh.The stuff is just plastidip baically, but it works.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L and pburv
So,,,, where is the super charger then and the big red switch lol?? :blink:
Gonna do the grill on the wife's Black Edition like yours mate. The black rings look soooooooo sinister IMO.
Thats hilarious actually, coz being the nutjob that I am I actually asked about putting a Supercharger on it (just to be crazy) and apparently it cant be done. However if u had a naturally aspirated S6, you can get a supercharger conversion kit. Only $25000 EUR. That number is too big for me to work out in $AUD. pffffft.
FYI re Black rings. I had to buy 4 sets. They say they fit. but they lie. They will be close but mm out .NB don't force ANYTHING
Pretty much when u read "engineered to fit perfectly" it means , I hope you like modding stuff to make it fit.
If u happen to be in Aust I can happily send you what i have left, gratis.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jcbmally, Simon L and 1 other person
If u happen to be in Aust I can happily send you what i have left, gratis.
I should be so lucky fella, I'm over the pond in blighty. Great tip about the rings though.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06, Simon L and 2 others
A corker lol black styling package "or is that a faux RS3 grill", with Navarra looks good

Yes sir, that'd be an Emmanuele Design full mesh grill on the front end! :yes:
Its actually a Scuba Blue, I wish it was Navarra though aha :wink new:

Hey jassyo06, remember you thought my eyes had issues when I said Scuba and Navarra look very similar...?

They do look very similar under the sun! :wink new:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L, pburv and 1 other person
Hey jassyo06, remember you thought my eyes had issues when I said Scuba and Navarra look very similar...?

They do look very similar under the sun! :wink new:
Dark blue is dark blue... Eh.....?

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68, Simon L and 1 other person
Petrol station challenge part 2, who's feeling brave ? ........
IMG 1103

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Gordo77, pburv and 3 others
Nice pic!

What's the challenge @Rob2k68??

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Take a photo of your car on the petrol station forecourt mate
Ha should have worked that out

Is the challenge not to get shouted at by the person on the tannoy for using your phone on the forecourt? :D :p

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Ha should have worked that out

Is the challenge not to get shouted at by the person on the tannoy for using your phone on the forecourt? :D :p

Rob's a early bird.... ie deserted forecourt am up for it again lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L, azibux1 and 2 others
Rob's a early bird.... ie deserted forecourt am up for it again lol

LoL that was 7.15 last night and a stealth photo opportunity under the lights although got some funny looks from the bloke behind me - lets see what you got ;o)

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jcbmally, pburv and 3 others
LoL that was 7.15 last night and a stealth photo opportunity under the lights although got some funny looks from the bloke behind me - lets see what you got ;o)

Go on then if we're all gonna make tits of ourselves I'm in..........................but am only doin it if Paul does this time!! lol

I'll try 'burst' mode on the phone see if I can get something that doesn't look like a blurry mess!!

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Go on then if we're all gonna make tits of ourselves I'm in..........................but am only doin it if Paul does this time!! lol

I'll try 'burst' mode on the phone see if I can get something that doesn't look like a blurry mess!!
Lol...You going to have to wait a bit only filled up the other night...Got about 350 miles before I'm on fumes....:scared2:
But yeh I'm up for a wee challenge...:hi:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Lol...You going to have to wait a bit only filled up the other night...Got about 350 miles before I'm on fumes....:scared2:
But yeh I'm up for a wee challenge...:hi:

Don't need petrol mate.......nip in for some polos or something lol

Don't need petrol mate.......nip in for some polos or something lol
Lol....Watch this space ....I may be about half an hour.....See you in a bit....Ha Ha

Lol....Watch this space ....I may be about half an hour.....See you in a bit....Ha Ha
DSC 0095

There you go Simon...I should get extra points for buying the most expensive packet of polo's in the country.....:wtf:
Now quit yer 'jibber jabba' and get yours sorted...lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, SpeedyFrog, Jcbmally and 3 others
View attachment 105862
There you go Simon...I should get extra points for buying the most expensive packet of polo's in the country.....:wtf:
Now quit yer 'jibber jabba' and get yours sorted...lol

Epic bravery Paul it's still daylight !! :respekt:

Car looks stunning mate - great pic - hope you enjoy the Polo's !

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06, Simon L and 1 other person
Epic bravery Paul it's still daylight !! :respekt:

Car looks stunning mate - great pic - hope you enjoy the Polo's !
Cheers Rob...:friends:
Lol..The girl in the garage thought I was bonkers...
And yes for some reason the polo's were extra minty...lol
Guess we are going to have to wait for @Simon L and @jassyo06 and to think of it anyone else on the forum to get their act together...Ha Ha

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Simon L and Rob2k68
Cheers Rob...:friends:
Lol..The girl in the garage thought I was bonkers...
And yes for some reason the polo's were extra minty...lol
Guess we are going to have to wait for @Simon L and @jassyo06 and to think of it anyone else on the forum to get their act together...Ha Ha

****** hell mate...........didn't realise you were goin straight out!! lol

Ace pic mate but jammy sod finding a deserted forecourt in daylight....................no chance of that at my local, have to wait for a night-time stealth mission...............

Reactions: Audi Bairn, SpeedyFrog, pburv and 2 others
As for J................probably best left til morning...........................lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MattSedg, Audi Bairn, SpeedyFrog and 3 others
****** hell mate...........didn't realise you were goin straight out!! lol

Ace pic mate but jammy sod finding a deserted forecourt in daylight....................no chance of that at my local, have to wait for a night-time stealth mission...............
Wimp...lol

As for J................probably best left til morning...........................lol
That's the best one yet...PMSL......and by the looks of it.... being that ****** you are bound to lose control of your bodily functions also...

Reactions: MattSedg, SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06 and 2 others
That's the best one yet...PMSL......and by the looks of it.... being that ****** you are bound to lose control of your bodily functions also...

.........that would never do, not on the old lunar leather ....................asking for trouble!! lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jcbmally, WarwickL and 3 others
.........that would never do, not on the old lunar leather ....................asking for trouble!! lol
He could always do it on the passenger seat...No one ever sits there....lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jcbmally, WarwickL and 2 others
Any way stay on topic and quit your stalling the gauntlet has been thrown....lol
Get some pics up .....

Last edited by a moderator: