Please can anyone advise as to what all this means?

RobertHa

Reaction score
Engine Management light is on and can be reset.

1 Fault found.
4914 - Diesel Particle Filter, Differential Pressure Sensor
P2453 00 [237] - Implausible Signal

Particle filter: Differential pressure: -54 hPa
Particle filter: offset for differential press: -35 hPa

Exhaust gas vol. flow particulate filter: 161.2 m3/h
IDE00432 time since last regeneration 46727 s
IDE 00433 oil ash volume 0.07 l
IDE00434 soot mass calculated 18.61 g
IDE00435 soot mass measured -1.36 g
IDE00436 kilometers since last regeneration 451333 m

Sounds like your DPF pressure sender has packed in.

Not done it myself but I believe it's a pretty straight forward swap and the sensor is relatively inexpensive.

Once it's been changed you'll need VCDS to clear the code and if my memory serves me right I'm sure it needs to be coded in or calibrated, it's only a 5 minute job on the laptop and then once that's done and the errors cleared you just need a 70MPH drive in 5th for 20-30 mins and if it needs to regenerate it will do automatically.

Don't drive it with the dodgy sensor as you'll possibly block the DPF up beyond saving by a regeneration.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Sounds like your DPF pressure sender has packed in.

Not done it myself but I believe it's a pretty straight forward swap and the sensor is relatively inexpensive.

Once it's been changed you'll need VCDS to clear the code and if my memory serves me right I'm sure it needs to be coded in or calibrated, it's only a 5 minute job on the laptop and then once that's done and the errors cleared you just need a 70MPH drive in 5th for 20-30 mins and if it needs to regenerate it will do automatically.

Don't drive it with the dodgy sensor as you'll possibly block the DPF up beyond saving by a regeneration.

Thank you. I will replace the sensor. From the figures I provided do you think the DPF is OK? Should the pressure difference of a standing car with engine off and new sensor read zero hPa?

Thank you. I will replace the sensor. From the figures I provided do you think the DPF is OK? Should the pressure difference of a standing car with engine off and new sensor read zero hPa?
Its on 18grams now and that's normally when mine starts to regenerate but if your sensor is dodgy those figures will be out. I would take a guess at yes the difference would be zero or there abouts but that's just an educated guess.

Soot mass looks ok. Probably needs a regen.

Soot mass looks ok. Probably needs a regen.
Sensor replaced and VCDS calibrated and fault code cleared. Thanks everyone for your help.
Now reads:

IDE00427 Particle filter: difference pressure 1 hPa
IDE00428 Particle filter: offset for differential press. -1 hPa
IDE00432 Particle filter: time since last regeneration 50321 s
IDE00433 Particle filter: oil ash volume 0.07 l
IDE00434 Particle filter: soot mass calculated 19.65 g
IDE00435 Particle filter: soot mass measured -1.36 g
IDE00436 Particle filter: kilometers since last regeneration 474379 m

Sensor replaced and VCDS calibrated and fault code cleared. Thanks everyone for your help.
Now reads:

IDE00427 Particle filter: difference pressure 1 hPa
IDE00428 Particle filter: offset for differential press. -1 hPa
IDE00432 Particle filter: time since last regeneration 50321 s
IDE00433 Particle filter: oil ash volume 0.07 l
IDE00434 Particle filter: soot mass calculated 19.65 g
IDE00435 Particle filter: soot mass measured -1.36 g
IDE00436 Particle filter: kilometers since last regeneration 474379 m

I don't understand the 'since last regeneration' figures as the car has only done 55k miles!!!! Is it time in seconds and distance in metres????

I don't understand the 'since last regeneration' figures as the car has only done 55k miles!!!! Is it time in seconds and distance in metres????
It possibly is in seconds and meters, they generally regenerate every 300-400 miles depending on driving, I'd take it for a run down the motorway if I was you, it's on 19grams and it probably wants to regen at that value.