Performance Issues - Car Checks Out Ok, Paranoid Or Not?

taylorc

A4 BE Quattro S-Tronic
Reaction score
Hi all,
Over the last couple of days my 59 plate S3 (remapped with Revo stage 1) has started to feel a little sluggish especially under high boost (I have felt it occasionally before and I posted some time ago) so after some digging around on here I decided to pop down to my Revo dealer for them to take a look.

They left it running on VagCom for about 50 minutes and checked things over but the only thing that looked a bit suspect was the MAF reading, however as the car was standing still and just being revved they decided to take it out on a run for some data logging. This time the MAF readings all looked fine, there were no fault codes being generated and all looked ok. I mentioned that I suspected the Diverter Valve but he said that if that was the problem it would show on VCDS so it`s back to scratching head time.
They have suggested putting it back to stock settings and letting Audi take a look (under warranty) but until I can confirm my Select Switch settings (another concern that I have and I will post in a seperate thread) I am reluctant to put it back to stock. Does anyone have any other suggestions or ideas? or am I just being paranoid :think:

Sure your not just getting bored. I also have Revo stage 1 and am now craving more power..However I got an extra map with higher boost settings on my sps switch so occasionally I put that one on rather than the normal map and that feels frigging fast! Dinks plenty of fuel though.

I did start to think that but in all honesty I really don't think I want (or need) any more power (out of this car anyway).
When the car feels ok it really does still impress the hell out of me when it launches away but on the occasions that I am referring to the car feels underwhelming, the only way I can describe it is that as the car accelerates it loses boost (hence me suspecting the DV). It's not even like I can blame heat soak or anything like that in the great British weather!!

If you've got Vag-Com, try doing a reset DTC's - even though there are no codes this (apparently) will clear out any of the ECU Learning. I find this sometimes livens the car up a bit. Just like the old 8L S3, disconnecting the battery for half an hour then reconnecting will also reset the ECU learning. Maybe worth a try.

Putting it back to stock is not a problem, Revo dealer will put it back on FOC, or they should.
Are you using different grades of fuel, I have been told to stay away from super market fuel, including tescos 99, apparently most super market fuel is out of date fuel, tescos 99 is normal fuel or older fuel with octane additives. I did say apparently

My dealer told me it would cost £50 to put it back on if Audi overwrites the ECU (I have a select switch so going to stock is no problem my concern is the performance mode settings).
Also, I only ever use V Power fuel

Hmm, I would contact Revo at Daventry, HQ, I would not be too happy at that, mine said that they would re flash it if it ever got wiped, and pretty sure some other dealers make that promise

I did think that tbh, the dealer said that Revo are normally quite good and that if Audi reflashed the car as part of a service etc it would only cost £50 to reload the map! I didn't argue with him as I thought I would cross that path if I ever needed to but I did think "I'm sure it should be free"

My dealer told me it would cost £50 to put it back on if Audi overwrites the ECU (I have a select switch so going to stock is no problem my concern is the performance mode settings).
Also, I only ever use V Power fuel

Thats not on mate, they are charging you for 5mins work and 10mins admin, **** take TBH.
Ive had 4 reflashes over the years from my REVO guy and never been charged once.

Good luck
Paul

Putting it back to stock is not a problem, Revo dealer will put it back on FOC, or they should.
Are you using different grades of fuel, I have been told to stay away from super market fuel, including tescos 99, apparently most super market fuel is out of date fuel, tescos 99 is normal fuel or older fuel with octane additives. I did say apparently

Tesco 99 is one of the best IMHO, I tried it against std fuels on a RR over 4 weeks ( 5 runs) and it produced 10bhp more than 95 ron on my 3.2