PD170 driveshaft broken, need ETKA pics

Sidhu88

Reaction score
My driveshaft somehow managed to pop out yday, no idea y, transmission fluid has come out too. My mum was driving the car at the time so not sure what the cause of it was or how it even came out, all i know is that it needs fixing.

2.0 TDI BMN PD170, '56 non quattro, sportback.

Is there anyone who can provide me with an exploded diagram of that particular area, an ETKA pic or something similar? I'm not massively clued up on this area of components but from what i've looked at it seems as tho its the CV joint thats failed but its the one nearer to the gearbox. 3 of 6 bolts are nowhere to be found, one is bent and two were found on the under tray. According to the RAC fella theres no transmission fluid either so does anyone know what fluid i need to be using?

Can someone also confirm whether PD140 and PD170 driveshafts and CV kits are the same?

Just one thing after another with this car :(

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited:
Really not sure, could PM u a reg if u want?

Found out it doesn't matter ! Also 170 and 140 are the same. PM me your email address and I'll send the ETKA exploded view. Don't know why but can't get a photobucket upload working !

Hey mike i got the email thanks. However my mechanic said its a one piece part. Driveshaft with both cv's. Can u shed any light on this?

You asked for an exploded diagram and that's what I sent you ! All the parts shown (or most of them ) are available separately depending on what you need. Does your mechanic actually know what is needed ? Is it drivers side or passenger side ? Are we talking manual gearbox because that is what I sent you ?

The whole driveshaft is available and I can give you the part number if you find out exactly what you want.

Nope he hasnt seen it yet. I'll get back to once hes seen it but that wont be until monday. Thanks for ur help

OK - if you just need the inner cv joint with boot and attachment parts its about £150 (part number 20 on the diagram )

If you want the whole driveshaft a part exchange price is about £300 (part number 1 on the diagram)