Paint bubble

Japper

Ibis S3 Fan Club
Reaction score
Recently found a paint bubble on my drivers door, about 3mm in diameter. It has what looks like the smallest of pin ****** in the middle. Yep, feared that Audi man would say ' ah, not covered under warranty as it's a stone chip'. Took it in today and under microscope the guy was still not sure, so he put it down as contamination in paint when sprayed.

Fingers crossed that Audi swallow that one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just p*ssed that i'll have to have the door resprayed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anybody else had similar experience.

I found a couple on my GTI bonnet, both about 1mm. Not big enough to worry about as they would most probably go unoticed (the same couldn't be said for a respray)

No bubbles but I had a bit of debris about 3mm in the paint in one of the door shuts which they said would be ok so they just painted over it with a touch up to hide it.

[ QUOTE ]
Just p*ssed that i'll have to have the door resprayed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anybody else had similar experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, my Cabrio had cr*p in the paint on top of the rhf wing - decided that the chances of the bodyshop making a neat repair that I couldn't see (very fussy) without painting at least part of the bonnet and drivers door to mask the colour difference was remote so decided to live with it.

I'd respectfully suggest seeing that yours is Akoya silver and that colour very suceptible to ambient light levels that change the shade of hue that you don't get it done - you will probably always be able to see the repair.....

*Update*

Audi want to send an independant inspector out to see my car.......damn, that means "Oh that's a stone chip sir'......my arris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

You might be better getting chips away to fix it than the audi approved body shop. They will only paint the required area, the BS will paint the whole door.