P3 multi gauge

a3 turbp

Reaction score
ive been on the look out for a gauge for my S3 for a few weeks now and even though they’re expensive I always keep going back to the P3 multi gauge. Has anybody got any reviews/comments on these gauges before I go out and spend £400 on one?

Thanks for any help

Sam has one in NZ, i expect he will be along when they wake up over there :)

Reactions: a3 turbp
I had one in my 8V, found it a waste of time tbh unless your really into the finer details of how your car is running.
All I really ended up using it for was 0-60 times.
I sold it when I got a JB4 as that took up the obd port

Ok thanks for your honesty, I’ll wait for more replies before I make my mind up lol

thanks for the wake-up @paddy!

I really like my P3 gauge but I don't use half of the features! I keep it on Boost mainly but occasionally I'll check the Intake Temps and Coolant Temps. I like the fact it looks relatively OEM, it's not intrusive like many gauges and still allows air to flow through the vent. I'm only taking OBD boost reading at the minute but I'll order the analogue sensor soon for a more accurate reading.

thanks for the wake-up @paddy!

I really like my P3 gauge but I don't use half of the features! I keep it on Boost mainly but occasionally I'll check the Intake Temps and Coolant Temps. I like the fact it looks relatively OEM, it's not intrusive like many gauges and still allows air to flow through the vent. I'm only taking OBD boost reading at the minute but I'll order the analogue sensor soon for a more accurate reading.
Thanks, the one I’ve been looking into as got the track pack too so I think it as a few more features on but not sure what

Thanks, the one I’ve been looking into as got the track pack too so I think it as a few more features on but not sure what

I'll be selling my kit with the track pack soon as decided to make my own.

Reactions: S.
How do you rate the gauge? How much will you be wanting for yours?

The gauge works well and does what it says, I'm just after something with a bit more customisation. The ECU boost measurement was way off, so I got he the dedicated boost sensor for it, other than that it works as it should. Not sure on price mate... PM me an offer buddy and we'll go from there

Reactions: fernando young
You can use an App like Torque to read most OBD data and customise your gauges to look how you want them to.
Quite cheap too when you consider the OBD dongle can be had for approx £10 and the app isn't expensive for the Pro version.
Could be a good alternative if you have an Android handset.

You can use an App like Torque to read most OBD data and customise your gauges to look how you want them to.
Quite cheap too when you consider the OBD dongle can be had for approx £10 and the app isn't expensive for the Pro version.
I have iPhone unfortunately but I wonder if it would be cheaper to buy a 2nd hand android phone to use just for the app

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Most likely it would be the cheapest option, and if you chucked a cheap PAYG sim in it you could use it as a tracker in case it ever got nicked.

Reactions: a3 turbp
It's cool and cheap option but i think boost sampling rate and values are all over the place.
@leshkin do you plan to use external boost sensor? Let me know about development:sunglasses:

It's cool and cheap option but i think boost sampling rate and values are all over the place.
@leshkin do you plan to use external boost sensor? Let me know about development:sunglasses:
Yeah, I plan on using OBD2 data for things like temps and other interesting stats, but will use a MPX5700AP sensor for boost. Might kick off a project thread in the tech forum section for anyone who is interested.

Reactions: samuelh_888 and S.
I’ve bought a ultragauge and must say it’s a load of crap lol. Nothing seems accurate in the slightest