Opinions/Help/Thoughts.......... Audi A4 Avant

sloth_sloman

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Bought my Audi in Feb and done a few little bits to it but awaiting the summer to do more, Biggest thing I've done so far is change the standard wheels for some better looking ones, Driving back from Birmingham airport Tuesday night i hit one almighty pot hole, didn't think much of it until someone pointed out some damage to the wheel yesterday. Is this repairable? Is it worth the hassle of sorting a repair? Spoke to the garage i bought it from as its currently in for some warranty work and they said they can get in touch with a guy who can heat it and reshape it but would then be swapped with the rear as it would never balance properly again....

Attachments

• IMG_7861.JPG
    IMG_7861.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_9326.JPG
    IMG_9326.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_9223.JPG
    IMG_9223.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0214.JPG
    IMG_0214.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
Get a pic of the hole in the road and put a claim in against the council. Must have been a hell of a hole to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DieselJake and DrStrange
Ouch, that's a lot of damage. As above, get a pic of the pot hole and get a claim into the council.

Makes my blood boil seeing this.

Sorry to hear it.

As all above, DEFINITELY take pictures of pothole and damage to your car/wheels, then claim against the council.

Fyi, im doing the same so good luck..

Measure the pot hole depth etc to put some weight to your case otherwise they'll probably fill the hole before the claims settled..

Reactions: DrStrange
Go for a claim against council roads dept.
It can be lengthy and frustrating but worth it.
Make sure you photograph the wheel, and with measuring tape and get a garage report / cost for replacement wheel , tyre.
As said get a photo of the pothole and with measuring tape for depth and circumference and obviously the location gps and photo in situ with some nearby locations to reference it.
They actually should do a drive of all main roads everyday to check .
My dad had to do it a couple of years ago as got 2 dents like yours ! And he worked for a roads contractor so he knew where and how to claim , and even with that it took months . But don't give up, there are specific methods you need to do to follow it up and get it actioned.
Otherwise you'll get blanked and it lost in the system.
I think they way it goes is if it was a pothole they were aware of then they have to pay, but if it was brand new overnight pothole then they may not be liable.
Goood luck

Good luck, but I doubt you'll get anything.
Legally they only have to pay out if they haven't fixed it "within 24 hours of it being reported"

I can guarantee that your claim is the first time they were made aware (and hence "it was reported").

I had a nasty one which left me with two flats (razor sharp edge and about 6 inches deep .. almost ripped the wheel off).
The next morning a van came round, dumped a bag load of damp MOT/Tar mix and backed the van over it a few times and drove off.

"the hole was repaired within 24 hours of it being reported, so we don't need to pay out".

Hope you have better luck!

Get some one to ring up and say there's a hole but don't make a song and dance about it. Then 24 hrs later make sure the holes there then make the claim. Got to be worth a try, them wheels sent cheap.