Oil Spec

P1lts330D

Reaction score
My wife’s 2021 A4 35TDI (MHEV) is approaching 6000miles and I like to do an interim oil change at this mileage on all my cars.

first frustration is that there is no ****** dipstick so the car is gonna have to go on ramps to drain the oil rather than being able to use an oil extractor.

The manual states to contact the dealer to verify the correct oil spec (very helpful).

I’m assuming a 5W30 507 000 but can anybody confirm that this is correct please.

thanks

PM me the reg or vin, alot of the newer engines are now 0W20

Confirmed via VIN - 0W20 which meets VW508/509.

My wife’s 2021 A4 35TDI (MHEV) is approaching 6000miles and I like to do an interim oil change at this mileage on all my cars.

first frustration is that there is no ****** dipstick so the car is gonna have to go on ramps to drain the oil rather than being able to use an oil extractor.

The manual states to contact the dealer to verify the correct oil spec (very helpful).

I’m assuming a 5W30 507 000 but can anybody confirm that this is correct please.

thanks
Interesting that there is no dipstick tube at all. There are plenty of cars with dipstick tubes and an electronic sensor . Does the car require removal of the under tray to change the oil filter ?. If so then maybe it's been decided that as the undertray requires removal the oil could be drained old school from the sump. To be honest it's a better way of doing the job to remove as much of the old oil as possible. Think of all that weight saved not having a dip stick. got to be worth 0.00001mpg.

Are You sure Your B9 doesn't have dipstick tube? My B9 (prefl) 3.0 TDi doesn't have dipstick, but I still do have dipstick tube which I use when I do the oil change via oil extractor.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk