Number plate light out

zseano

Reaction score
Just ordered some LED number plate lights and fitted them easily enough, put my lights on and nothing came on.. checked my dash and its telling me number plate light out? :\ Ive tried them both ways, switched them etc, nothing works at all... any ideas?

EDIT: Ok they come on but then go off after 5 seconds now??

Last edited:
What year is your car, Dude? Due to the power draw of LED bulbs being lower than the standard 5W plate light bulbs (LED's are around 1W), the car's ECU detects this and thinks that you have a bulb out and cuts off power to the bulb holder. You will require resistors fitting to them, for the LED's to work and if your car is 2010+, then even the LED bulbs with resistors fitted won't work as you need to fit chassis mount resistors to them. :wub: x

What year is your car, Dude? Due to the power draw of LED bulbs being lower than the standard 5W plate light bulbs (LED's are around 1W), the car's ECU detects this and thinks that you have a bulb out and cuts off power to the bulb holder. You will require resistors fitting to them, for the LED's to work and if your car is 2010+, then even the LED bulbs with resistors fitted won't work as you need to fit chassis mount resistors to them. :wub: x

The car year is 2005, Have you got a link to any resistors? and are they easy to fit