No RS3 orders being taken

I can't believe what I'm reading here, people have honestly given Audi their cash... to accrue them interest in their bank... in the hopes of getting to the front of the line... for a facelift model that hasn't even been announced/confirmed... on a model that has just stopped production... and is now at the back of the list of RS models likely to be released...... dear me!

NEVER trust what a dealer tells you is going to happen until Audi UK announce it, regardless of what ridiculous accreditations said dealer posesses, they want your deposits as you are less likely to get bored and walk away, that's the simple fact of the matter. You have as much chance of getting to the front of the queue than the person casually walking into the dealer on the day of the order book opening. Even then you may find yourself at the back of the queue depending on the spec choices you made.

A new RS3 will come and it will be incredible as with the current and previous version, no doubt about that, hold onto your cash though until you know when as you are on a highway to disappointment otherwise in my opinion. I hope I am wrong for all the keen buyer's out there, common sense and a look back at history suggest's otherwise though.

Thing is, when your mad enough to spend £45-55K on a small hatchback, your also mega passionate about the purchase and getting carried away on hear'say is an easy path to be led down.

I can't believe what I'm reading here, people have honestly given Audi their cash... to accrue them interest in their bank... in the hopes of getting to the front of the line... for a facelift model that hasn't even been announced/confirmed... on a model that has just stopped production... and is now at the back of the list of RS models likely to be released...... dear me!

NEVER trust what a dealer tells you is going to happen until Audi UK announce it, regardless of what ridiculous accreditations said dealer posesses, they want your deposits as you are less likely to get bored and walk away, that's the simple fact of the matter. You have as much chance of getting to the front of the queue than the person casually walking into the dealer on the day of the order book opening. Even then you may find yourself at the back of the queue depending on the spec choices you made.

A new RS3 will come and it will be incredible as with the current and previous version, no doubt about that, hold onto your cash though until you know when as you are on a highway to disappointment otherwise in my opinion. I hope I am wrong for all the keen buyer's out there, common sense and a look back at history suggest's otherwise though.

Thing is, when your mad enough to spend £45-55K on a small hatchback, your also mega passionate about the purchase and getting carried away on hear'say is an easy path to be led down.
Explain ie...why Audi would put the newer RS3 to the back of the list and where is this list....yeah it's mad putting a deposit down right now the car doesn't exist as far as we are concerned... So what makes you think sticking on two different plastic front bumpers and in stock front and rear lights would be difficult

Reactions: Kugaman1
Go ta
Explain ie...why Audi would put the newer RS3 to the back of the list and where is this list....yeah it's mad putting a deposit down right now the car doesn't exist as far as we are concerned... So what makes you think sticking on two different plastic front bumpers and in stock front and rear lights would be difficult

Go take a look at the RS models available on the Audi UK site, many models missing and they are historically missing for extended periods of time between facelifts. RS4 TTRS RS7 RS5 RS3 Sedan all to go back on sale before the RS3 Sportback in my opinion.

It's a tactic used by Audi historically to ignite interest, and it works!

Reactions: Terminator x
I've got a £1000 deposit down with it in writing that the monthly payments I'd agreed on the current version (that I ended up missing out on due to the production halt) will remain the same, even if there's a price increase. Now I'm not sure that promise is worth the paper it's written on, but for the sake of the £10 interest I'd earn by keeping it in my current account, I'm willing to take the risk.

Reactions: Jassyo06, AudiNutta, Kugaman1 and 1 other person
Go ta

Go take a look at the RS models available on the Audi UK site, many models missing and they are historically missing for extended periods of time between facelifts. RS4 TTRS RS7 RS5 RS3 Sedan all to go back on sale before the RS3 Sportback in my opinion.

It's a tactic used by Audi historically to ignite interest, and it works!

As far as l am aware the rs7 RS6 are still available after there facelifts,the rest of the cars you mention are a couple years away or just under...so what you're telling me is the interest in the RS3 has diminished and being so Audi has decided they won't issue any new version of there best selling RS model due to the fact they can't sell the existing cars or want to keep all the existing owners happy....... Now That's a good conspiracy theory

I can't believe this thread is still going but then I realised it is actually going round in circles and is almost self perpetuating!:blink:

Reactions: Scottyg
I can't believe this thread is still going but then I realised it is actually going round in circles and is almost self perpetuating!:blink:

Cute.......that's the most extreme case of short term memory loss l have ever witnessed lol

Reactions: AudiNutta, Mattb555, Scottyg and 1 other person
And people always wonder why members create new threads with the same topics all the time. Because every post ends up going down the opposite path of what was intended as a result of one or two people having to give their two cents on things that are not even related.

All I want to know is when the facelift will come out, and when orders will commence again, so I can look to place an order., just as this thread was intended to address So, can we get this on track again please? Does anyone have a definitive answer as to what is going on and when orders will commence?

If you can't answer, my preference is for you to not respond at all. I'd rather hear nothing that have to read another "check out these wheels" comment on a thread about a freeze on orders.

Reactions: AudiNutta, Scottyg and Kugaman1
And people always wonder why members create new threads with the same topics all the time. Because every post ends up going down the opposite path of what was intended as a result of one or two people having to give their two cents on things that are not even related.

All I want to know is when the facelift will come out, and when orders will commence again, so I can look to place an order., just as this thread was intended to address So, can we get this on track again please? Does anyone have a definitive answer as to what is going on and when orders will commence?

If you can't answer, my preference is for you to not respond at all. I'd rather hear nothing that have to read another "check out these wheels" comment on a thread about a freeze on orders.

I was told by Audi dealership management that the facelift RS3 will available to order very soon,hence l am not buying a demonstrator car that's up for sale in July

Reactions: AudiNutta, Buzz73, ConS3 and 1 other person

No one really knows. My best guess would be that they'll let the TTRS have the glory of showcasing the new 400ps engine, then you'll get the RS3 with the same engine Q1 2017.

Reactions: ConS3
My dealer told me the first FL RS3's wont be with us until this time next year, but as they have a stock car is this just a yarn to get me interested in it? They also said there are about 35 left unsold in the country.

As Manuel once said "I know nothing" and no one else does either. Audi are silent on it so make of that what you will re when orders can be placed :tearsofjoy:

TX.

My dealer told me the first FL RS3's wont be with us until this time next year, but as they have a stock car is this just a yarn to get me interested in it? They also said there are about 35 left unsold in the country.

Surely they will sell quickly.....just put them up to Aberdeen Audi.....

I must say, one thing thats a bit confusing is the number of second hand rs3s on the market, quite a few of which are at none audi dealers.
Considering the thoughts of owners on here, they all seem to love their cars, so why so many for sale?
I saw a Nardo 15 plate on line last week......it had 3 previous owners!!

Prices seem to be dropping outside of Audi dealers.....quite a few mid spec around for less than £40k....

Reactions: Jassyo06
I'm guessing they are ex-demos given to the press to belt the living daylights out off. A good few are the 15 plates that were ragged up the hill climb. The YouTube clip is on this thread. Anyone with sense who is going to buy an RS3 will do their homework and even come on here to look and see if the cars had former owners.

Watch out for KW plates, tend to be the audi demos explain above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the one car that I may keep over 2 years which NEVER happens. As an owner ;) I can confirm no boredom now or likely!

TX.

Reactions: Wango, AudiNutta, Spaceman_RS3 and 2 others
This is the one car that I may keep over 2 years which NEVER happens. As an owner ;) I can confirm no boredom now or likely!

TX.

Same, never kept a car more than 14 months, but this one is still giving me massive grins every time I drive it 7 months in!

Reactions: Wango, AudiNutta and Spaceman_RS3

Well said sir!

People are missing the point of the topic.....should we start a new one called 'facelift RS3'
That way it will be clear to all 'tearsofjoy'

There will be lots of
th_tumbleweed.gif
in that new thread :tearsofjoy:

TX.

I must say, one thing thats a bit confusing is the number of second hand rs3s on the market, quite a few of which are at none audi dealers.
Considering the thoughts of owners on here, they all seem to love their cars, so why so many for sale?

Prices seem to be dropping outside of Audi dealers.....quite a few mid spec around for less than £40k....

Well when l put my S3 up for sale "no RS3 grill"there where a few private showrooms/garages wanting to buy my car l can only assume some of these car's are acquired in this way,and all Audi press cars end up at there approved used Audi dealerships Hamilton Audi get them in all the time,they sell them on very quickly,the car in the middle ended up at Hamilton Audi
DSC 0374

Reactions: Kugaman1

Cars like RS3s tend to be bought by car nuts and car nuts change their cars a lot-I probably average about 10 months in 1 so I would think there will be a few RS3s about.Take Bilal,traded his in for an M4,loved his RS3 but fancied a move into M4 and the deal was right so did it.

Reactions: billyali86 and Kugaman1
...hornets nest...!

No one knows. But I would doubt it will be before the TTRS gets to be the car that launches the new 400ps engine. And that's going to be right at the end of the year. So target some point in the first half of 2017.

Reactions: VAG_Club001 and Beebee-one
i can honestly say my baby will be in my drive for the next three years...............come see. i ******* love her.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
...hornets nest...!

No one knows. But I would doubt it will be before the TTRS gets to be the car that launches the new 400ps engine. And that's going to be right at the end of the year. So target some point in the first half of 2017.

^^^^^^ +1

I have to agree & also think the TTRS will get the limelight, then they'll move onto the new RS3 next year and give it similar hype of new engine etc.

Reactions: Beebee-one and D0C
^^^^^^ +1

I have to agree & also think the TTRS will get the limelight, then they'll move onto the new RS3 next year and give it similar hype of new engine etc.

Yep, also agree with this. There is probably no pressure for Audi to update the RS3 just yet, it has exceeded sales expectations (even at the premium price levels) and with the Golf R400 having been canned by VW, the RS3 is still top dog on the performance front for a while yet.
Another factor is that Audi seem to be a bit behind on some of the other new car releases. Despite new versions being shown to the public, (new S4/S4 Avant, New S3 and new TTRS) dealers cannot give you any firm idea (just guesses) as to when you can expect actual delivery of these cars. Throw in the mix the upcoming new RS4 (3.0V6 with twin electric turbos) and probably RS5 which is supposed to surface in 2017, then it would be fair to assume that priorities are not likely to be an update on the already very successful RS3.
When the revised RS3 does arrive, expect it to be pretty special!

Reactions: VAG_Club001, Snake Pliskin and Radman
But its just an update, its not a whole new car?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Fark it. I pulled the trigger on a 2016 Nardo Grey (fully loaded) with all the black styling goodies today. Crazy deals going on down here right now with free on roads, free three year servicing, and free five year extended warranty.

I pick it up next week.

So, in the span of about three years, I went from VW to Ford to Audi to Ford back to Audi. I see a pattern here!

Reactions: Scottyg, Radman, Beebee-one and 4 others
Crazy deals? Sounds like they could be clearing the shelves ready for the new (facelift) stock! ;)

Reactions: VAG_Club001 and Jassyo06
^^^^^^ +1

Saloon slated in for Aug 2017 in the USA :innocent:

TX.

Reactions: VAG_Club001, Beebee-one and Snake Pliskin
Don't do that to a man.....
Joking aside, it sounds like you've got a great deal and have yourself one of the best sounding cars around on your drive. And you chose the right colour too!

Reactions: Radman
Crazy deals? Sounds like they could be clearing the shelves ready for the new (facelift) stock! ;)

I agree D0C I think we will hear details of the facelift very soon!!

Reactions: VAG_Club001 and Jassyo06
I agree D0C I think we will hear details of the facelift very soon!!

This time next year if you're lucky!

Reactions: Terminator x and D0C
Fark it. I pulled the trigger on a 2016 Nardo Grey (fully loaded) with all the black styling goodies today. Crazy deals going on down here right now with free on roads, free three year servicing, and free five year extended warranty.

I pick it up next week.

So, in the span of about three years, I went from VW to Ford to Audi to Ford back to Audi. I see a pattern here!

What sort of deal did you get?

Yep, also agree with this. There is probably no pressure for Audi to update the RS3 just yet, it has exceeded sales expectations (even at the premium price levels) and with the Golf R400 having been canned by VW, the RS3 is still top dog on the performance front for a while yet.
Another factor is that Audi seem to be a bit behind on some of the other new car releases. Despite new versions being shown to the public, (new S4/S4 Avant, New S3 and new TTRS) dealers cannot give you any firm idea (just guesses) as to when you can expect actual delivery of these cars. Throw in the mix the upcoming new RS4 (3.0V6 with twin electric turbos) and probably RS5 which is supposed to surface in 2017, then it would be fair to assume that priorities are not likely to be an update on the already very successful RS3.
When the revised RS3 does arrive, expect it to be pretty special!
Thanks, if the RS3 wait is prolonged perhaps I'll check the new RS4