Next model A3

Saw a post on Audi's Twitter saying:

"One new #A3 model simply isn't enough. We are gradually expanding our #AudiA3 portfolio - stay tuned."

Saloon and S3s incoming.......

Reactions: Bells
Have you ever been before ?

Yes mate we go there quite a lot. Not big gamblers but love the high quality hotels, weather, bars, restaurants, shows etc.
We usually stay at The Aria and the pools are fantastic there in the day. We were out there last year when Tyson Fury was fighting so that was cool seeing him.

Reactions: Lawrence27, Jcbmally and NevMan
Yes mate we go there quite a lot. Not big gamblers but love the high quality hotels, weather, bars, restaurants, shows etc.
We usually stay at The Aria and the pools are fantastic there in the day. We were out there last year when Tyson Fury was fighting so that was cool seeing him.

Same here mate totally agree with what you have said there . Me and the wife go quite a lot to we went last July and stayed at the Bellagio we haven't tried the Aria but it does look nice . We have Dubai booked for May staying at the Atlantis with the family for my 40th birthday can't see it happening now tho with the current situation .

Same here mate totally agree with what you have said there . Me and the wife go quite a lot to we went last July and stayed at the Bellagio we haven't tried the Aria but it does look nice . We have Dubai booked for May staying at the Atlantis with the family for my 40th birthday can't see it happening now tho with the current situation .

Ha ha ... great minds think alike :icon thumright:
Not looking good for holidays this year is it.

Saw a post on Audi's Twitter saying:

"One new #A3 model simply isn't enough. We are gradually expanding our #AudiA3 portfolio - stay tuned."

Saloon and S3s incoming.......

S3 is due May I heard with ordering at the same time

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Yep great minds think alike :yes: my holiday is still ago for now don't know how long
that will last tho .

Yep mine to at present but America in early May - I'm not overly hopeful to be honest

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Lets hope things have got a lot better by then .

Let's hope so and for you as well

Assuming we have enough toilet roll to last us until then - unbelievable!!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, pburv, Mr Freeze and 3 others
Unbeleieveable! And according to auction 50 sold!!

513df1424b2d9ebf0b4b38725dc6ecca.png

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Bells and 1 other person

That’s just nuts, there was a few rolls left at my local supermarket yesterday when I went last night surely they can’t be in that short supply everywhere!

Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally

That’s just nuts, there was a few rolls left at my local supermarket yesterday when I went last night surely they can’t be in that short supply everywhere!
Got the exact same bog roll 9 pack for under £4 there was plenty of stock left on the corner shop....l bought just one pack,There's always some people who'll feed off peoples hysteria/panic in this situation we have atm
I am in my bed atm due to a viral infection in my ears and nose and throat it's not the Corona virus, have been since Saturday feeling better now...

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, pburv and 1 other person
Got the exact same bog roll 9 pack for under £4 there was plenty of stock left on the corner shop....l bought just one pack,There's always some people who'll feed off peoples hysteria/panic in this situation we have atm
I am in my bed atm due to a viral infection in my ears and nose and throat it's not the Corona virus, have been since Saturday feeling better now...
Good news Jassy. Glad to see your on the mend buddy :thumbs up:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Jcbmally

couldn’t agree more, I went to Vegas in October and it was unbelievable, so much to do. Stayed at Encore at The Wynn, brilliant hotel.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
Assessment of touchscreen safety vs distraction. No surprise it’s a distraction but the shocker is how much.

https://www.iamroadsmart.com/campaign-pages/end-customer-campaigns/infotainment

I’m not surprised to be honest, my fiancé’s C3 has touch screen with car play, all major functions are via the screen including climate controls.

It’s not really possible to operate without taking your eyes off of the road, we both make a point of setting up music, heat settings, sat nav etc before we move off, I wouldn’t even change the temperature on the move.

Whilst you shouldn’t be entering nav etc on the move with traditional set ups it is easy enough to change temperature etc using rotary dials.

There will be much better set ups than the C3 as it’s probably an early adapter but it’s quite obvious these systems are distracting and not safe to use on the move.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Bryant1998 and pburv
Reactions: TYb, KenL and pburv
One of the reasons why I never use mine, that and grubby digit marks, I only glance at it. I use the voice control as much as possible and systems today are extremely good. Its a wonder how the manufacturers got away with it TBF.

The Touchscreen on er indoors Fiesta is guff....if l have to use it....its used before l start driving...Radio station/waveband...Sat nav.etc etc whilst driving its the steering wheel buttons that l use,the voice controls on the Fiesta are better than on my S3....which are a pain in the ring to get right first time....Common sense should prevail when using a touchscreen in any vehicle

Reactions: Jcbmally, TYb, KenL and 2 others
The Touchscreen on er indoors Fiesta is guff....if l have to use it....its used before l start driving...Radio station/waveband...Sat nav.etc etc whilst driving its the steering wheel buttons that l use,the voice controls on the Fiesta are better than on my S3....which are a pain in the ring to get right first time....Common sense should prevail when using a touchscreen in any vehicle

The problem with common sense is that not many seem to have it on our roads. I am surprised manufacturers can make key functions touch screen, cheaper to manufacture.

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
:iagree:

Reactions: pburv
I’ve used a few, and have to agree that they’re generally awful. The one on my Ford is completely unusable on the move. The one on my Tesla is at least responsive enough to react at the same time you touch it, and with familiarity is actually pretty good but it still needs eyes-on to use it. Are lots of tiny buttons any better? Not in modern cars where they tend to uniform in size, placed less than ideally in terms of ergonomics, and often require you to look for the things when using them. In the world of military aviation where ease and speed of use are paramount and aesthetics rather less important they work much better. There they make important buttons different shapes so you know by touch what you’re doing. You can do it in the dark which is where such a layout looks at its best since it’s not exactly blessed with style in daylight.

Style sells cars, not best placement of the sat nav scroller. And while style rules the roost you will never get perfect controls.

Apache cyclic grip. Note how the little joypads have very different shapes, so that you don’t inadvertently blow your hanger to bits when you were just trying to set the radio frequency.
20024F52 1D43 46D9 9126 6A919A51A12E

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 3 others
On the Merc I can change the temperate by voice commands and it works perfectly - you can even specify passenger or driver.

It does have buttons though too.

I agree, having temp controls hidden within a touch screen menu is not good logic.

Reactions: TYb, pburv and Jcbmally
I currently have a 2019 Q3 purchased because of the larger luggage area. It has a the touch screen dash and I set everything I need, including the Sat/Nav before driving off. In the time I have had the touch screen I have only wiped it clean (with a very effective cloth supplied with the car) a couple of times. It does not seem to mark with finger prints and is always very clear and easy to read. I leave it on the Sat/Nav screen most of the time.
Personally having used both the old MMI and the newer touch screen arrangement I much prefer the touch screen.

On the Merc I can change the temperate by voice commands and it works perfectly - you can even specify passenger or driver.

I agree, having temp controls hidden within a touch screen menu is not good logic.

The Tesla does the same thing. No buttons, but if you say “my butt is cold” it turns on your seat heater.

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, TYb and 4 others

'Hey Mercedes you bland looking Bitch set the temperature to 23 degrees or I'll trade you in for a new Audi'.....lol

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, Kayobong and 5 others
'Hey Mercedes you bland looking Bitch set the temperature to 23 degrees or I'll trade you in for a new Audi'.....lol
PMSL

Reactions: Bells, NevMan, TYb and 2 others
The Tesla does the same thing. No buttons, but if you say “my butt is cold” it turns on your seat heater.

Cannea beat a car that heats up yer Duke of Argyles via voice command am sold.........................lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, pburv and 1 other person

Or hey Audi i’m so glad you look the same, your plastics are worse but you cost more ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and pburv

Hey Audi ... please blow some air out of those hideous ‘Lambo esque’ vents lol :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: pburv and NevMan
The way the UK and Europe is closing down or on lock down already and with it looking like this could go on for a number of months I can see the new A3 / S3 introduction and supply being severely delayed.

Reactions: NevMan and pburv
After all this there will be obviously a HUGE drive for sales etc, but it will be catch twenty two for them. Discount to get the sale but will have to sell loads to put a small dent in lost revenue ?? reel in the discount and hope we will all go nuts and buy one, but risky and could lose sales ?? or I am talking utter bullocks and millions of cars will sell because we will all believe we deserve a new car after this. Feel sorry for the guys and dolls who are on commission sales, plus its a thankless job IMO. I couldn't be a salesperson and put up with twats like me, I'd get sacked on day one.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, pburv and Jassyo06
After all this there will be obviously a HUGE drive for sales etc, but it will be catch twenty two for them. Discount to get the sale but will have to sell loads to put a small dent in lost revenue ?? reel in the discount and hope we will all go nuts and buy one, but risky and could lose sales ?? or I am talking utter bullocks and millions of cars will sell because we will all believe we deserve a new car after this. Feel sorry for the guys and dolls who are on commission sales, plus its a thankless job IMO. I couldn't be a salesperson and put up with twats like me, I'd get sacked on day one.
Yes its already having a impact on the motor trade in all aspects...so Jordan told me let's hope it doesn't last guys

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and 1 other person