Next model A3

The original Supra WAS a cool car though :yes:

Think there where 3 gens of it made although l preferred the 2nd gen though think it was more angular

Reactions: KenL and Snake Pliskin
Think there where 3 gens of it made although l preferred the 2nd gen though think it was more angular View attachment 173724
Pop up headlights were the dogs dangly bits. :icon thumright:
Only Toyota I owned was a mark 1 mr2. Most fun car I’ve owned. No power steering, abs, traction control. Just a box with 4 wheels and revvy engine and the pop up headlights. rwd of course.

Reactions: Jassyo06, KenL and Snake Pliskin
Surely by that logic then, when the exchange rate changes more favourable to the UK consumer, Audi, BMW etc, will be slashing the RRP prices? I think not.

It's just like the oil giants, there is any excuse to raise prices, but very little excuse to lower them. If Audi can consistently keep raising prices little by little, and the consumer still keeps buying, then they'll continue to keep raising the price. They are out to make as much profit as possible.

Simple basic economics suggests they can’t do that without lowering demand - up to them whether they want to do that - vote with your feet if you don’t like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t believe I’m saying this but ....

Audi could take some design cues from this ‘Toyota’ and even the interior looks pretty cool:

I know it’s totally different to an S3 or RS3 but it looks interesting / fresh / cool ... inside & out ... it grabbed my attention ! ... I would like to be saying that about the next gen platform Audi with excitement instead of concern.

I'm really disappointed with this car. 5 years of hype, and then that !!

For me, it's too fussy. Could have been aggressive without all the slashes and bulges. The interior is Z4. Same switchgear. TBH I think the Z4 is the better looking car, let down my being a soft top only. If BMW made the coupe, there would be no point of the Supra.

2 cars in the last few months that I've been disappointed with. The new TVR, and this Supra. Both should have been very special. At least the Supra will actually get built.

I'm really disappointed with this car. 5 years of hype, and then that !!

For me, it's too fussy. Could have been aggressive without all the slashes and bulges. The interior is Z4. Same switchgear. TBH I think the Z4 is the better looking car, let down my being a soft top only. If BMW made the coupe, there would be no point of the Supra.

2 cars in the last few months that I've been disappointed with. The new TVR, and this Supra. Both should have been very special. At least the Supra will actually get built.
Concept beautiful, production car nasty!

2017-Toyota-Supra-Concept.jpg

TX.

Reactions: Mark_86, NevMan, Bells and 2 others
so more along the lines of this then ....

Reactions: Terminator x
The a3 will be launched and most on here will say it’s nowhere near as good as the 8v and that the interior is awful. That’s exactly what happened when the 8v was launched and it went on to become the best selling a3.

The round vents and pop up screen will definitely be gone. Can see it being virtually identical to the q3. I’m not a fan of touchscreens. My dad has the new a6 and while the interior is impressive and undeniably high quality, the screens are distracting compared to a control dial. And the infotainment system on our x1 is much more intuitive.

I drove a q5 recently and was surprised that the interior already feels more dated than the current a3.

I think it’s interesting they’re dropping the three door hatch.

Three door has already gone. I've seen a pic of the new A3 interior and it looked pretty good to me. Quite Lamborghini-like with polygon shaped vents aimed at the driver. Not sure if it has been posted already, but I'll have a go at finding it again.

Reactions: NevMan and Ormesome
There are some 'personal' plates in Germany but the first letter/s indicate where you live. For example B = Berlin F = Frankfurt M=Munich. When I was driving in Germany a couple of years ago, on the autobahn near Stuttgart, I saw a Porsche with the plate S:EX 66. Not I assume a standard issue plate!

I have just realised that when I posted this I got it a little wrong. The number plate was S:EX 69

Reactions: Paul finch
Just configured an S line Q3 and a Vorspung model, both well over £40k, Audi really are taking the Michael with their prices.

The Vorspung looks exterior looks quite nice but that interior is all over the place.

Both configured with the 230ps.

Reactions: Mark_86, Snake Pliskin and NevMan
Just configured an S line Q3 and a Vorspung model, both well over £40k, Audi really are taking the Michael with their prices.

The Vorspung looks exterior looks quite nice but that interior is all over the place.

Both configured with the 230ps.

Mad

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and TYb
We are all getting carried away with external Aesthetics and touch screens....what about performance....is the all new S3 going to be more powerful ......Ergo faster............Doubtful

Reactions: NevMan
We are all getting carried away with external Aesthetics and touch screens....what about performance....is the all new S3 going to be more powerful ......Ergo faster............Doubtful

It probably will mate, as they (Audi) will want to match/beat A Class and BM’s etc, until the next comes along to increase. That is until we end up with elec golf carts

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

It doesn't need to be faster surely? It would be better lighter and with better handling, no?

It doesn't need to be faster surely? It would be better lighter and with better handling, no?
Handling can't be shown on paper and most people care more about hp than say power to weight (I'm talking none car enthusiasts)

So. . Need more power!!

Some of these number hungry types should drive a car like an mx-5, a perfect example that power is irrelevant on crowded UK roads.

Reactions: NevMan and TYb
It probably will mate, as they (Audi) will want to match/beat A Class and BM’s etc, until the next comes along to increase. That is until we end up with elec golf carts
AMG 35 only has 304 bhp my point being is why would a current S3 owner want a new S3 if it had the same power or slightly less, l wouldn't

Reactions: NevMan
It's a hatchback /saloon very difficult to cut down a significant amount of weight to make a difference to performance

AMG 35 only has 304 bhp my point being is why would a current S3 owner want a new S3 if it had the same power or slightly less, l wouldn't

Surely buyers don't only buy a car because the makers claimed power output?

On normal roads I would think a lot of cars with less power are a better drive than an S3. GTI, works MINI and Fiesta ST all spring to mind.

I think circa 300 bhp & reaching 62mph in under 5 seconds is plenty fast enough too.

I want to be drawn in by the looks inside & out.

Saying that ....

Anyone seen the 1st episode of The Grand Tour new season ?

American V8 muscle cars on steroids !!!!

I’ve just found my favourite new car lol
James May drives a Camaro with wait for it ... 1,000 bhp lol :)
He can barely steer it, it’s so powerful :)

But the best bit is it’s model name:
The Exorcist :sunglasses:

Such a ludicrous insane car :tearsofjoy:

All 3 cars sound amazing though ....

BF7EC465 4AD9 40C0 B66F 6CFAC2AC6103

Reactions: NevMan, oli356, Bells and 1 other person
I think circa 300 bhp & reaching 62mph in under 5 seconds is plenty fast enough too.

Saying that ....

View attachment 173869

The mustang was my favourite at a mear 700bhp, I then went on autotrader to see how much the eco boosts and v8’s are, a lot of car for the money but not sure I could pull a staaaang.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
The mustang was my favourite at a mear 700bhp, I then went on autotrader to see how much the eco boosts and v8’s are, a lot of car for the money but not sure I could pull a staaaang.

I know I had a momentary thought like that too lol ... then reality kicks in ... as does 4mpg which is what The Exorcist was achieving pmsl :)

Saying that ....

View attachment 173869

What car is Audi- Mercedes- BMW going to make with circa 300ps....that will seduce you by it's looks...because as far as l am aware it doesnt and wont exist,Oh that Grand Tour program.... switched it off after 5 mins...them 3 aint TV worthy no more

Reactions: KenL and NevMan
For what the car is, I think the mustang has pretty damn amazing pricing. Interior is really lacking though. I really want to get a 2018 GT 5.0, but insurance on it is a kick in the balls. Maybe in a few years

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
What car is Audi- Mercedes- BMW going to make with circa 300ps....that will seduce you by it's looks...because as far as l am aware it doesnt and wont exist,Oh that Grand Tour program.... switched it off after 5 mins...them 3 aint TV worthy no more

Yeah upnto now every S3 & Golf R has appealed to me so we will just have to see what the next batch finally look like.

It will have to be circa 300bhp for me though as I won’t be spending more than £40k and that won’t be until March next year +
I’m gonna enjoy a year of no monthlies & that may influence me further in a years time, suddenly having to fork out some £’s again ... so we will see !

As for The Grand Tour, it really was a great episode with no padding as they’ve ditched all the dross slow boring bits from the last season which I would normally fast forward like the celeb guests.

I can't stand Clarkson and American cars are usually crap!

To quote the Inbetweeners "Is cr*p a swear word?"

Reactions: Jassyo06
Three door has already gone. I've seen a pic of the new A3 interior and it looked pretty good to me. Quite Lamborghini-like with polygon shaped vents aimed at the driver. Not sure if it has been posted already, but I'll have a go at finding it again.
Looks to me a plastic cover over the dash to disguise it, if an a3 came with that japanese junk I'd never buy one..

Video to go with the pics of the supposed new A3 from a few pages back. Looks quite nice (and plausible) but I dropped a deposit on a mk 7.5 GTI PP a couple of weeks back, delivery for March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and TYb
Video to go with the pics of the supposed new A3 from a few pages back. Looks quite nice (and plausible) but I dropped a deposit on a mk 7.5 GTI PP a couple of weeks back, delivery for March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Some nice deals on the PP at the moment, I’d be very tempted if my time was up now.

Reactions: KenL, Snake Pliskin and NevMan
I have to say I really like the look of the new A3 if those are accurate images. Often pics of a new model leave me cold and then grow on me over time, but that floats my boat immediately. I might even forgive it the touchscreen!