1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next Gen S3 Spy Shots

VWNCC Aug 8, 2018

1. VWNCC

VWNCC Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Started with nothing & still have most of it left. Team Ibis Audi S3 quattro Sportback S tronic

Is that it, I thought the changes would have been a bit, well , more :blink::blink: Leon style daytime LED lights in the front ??

Audi Bairn and KenL like this.
  4. oli356

oli356 Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi S3 S tronic

At least there are proper exhausts :p

Jcbmally likes this.
  5. Kayobong

Kayobong Member Team Monsoon Audi A3 Manual

Just saw some spy shots slightly different to these ones, it does look like an interesting design.

6. Rolly12

Rolly12 Well-Known Member

Doesn’t look much different...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KenL likes this.
  7. KenL

KenL Well-Known Member

These pictures tell you absolutely nothing.

Audi Bairn and jassyo06 like this.
  8. VWNCC

VWNCC Well-Known Member

It is interesting and nice to see that they are giving the non-RS models honeycomb grills as well (which we could have guessed based on the new A1 and the facelift TT).

9. KenL

KenL Well-Known Member

Honeycomb grill could just be a stuck on fake.

For me honeycomb grills are cheap plastic and don't look great. Had on on my 2009 (yes they're that old school) Cooper S and though it looked cheap compared with the standard grill.

10. VWNCC

VWNCC Well-Known Member

I highly doubt honeycomb grill is fake. The TT and TT-S facelift got honeycomb grill. The new A1 also got a honeycomb-like grill instead of typical Audi bar grill. I think that is the direction Audi is heading towards going forward for the non SUV cars.

11. KenL

KenL Well-Known Member

Disappointing. So many cars have these, thought Audi was meant to be different and premium.

12. Avatar

13. VWNCC

VWNCC Well-Known Member

I am more disappointed with their touch-screen only direction with all their recent launches. The physical buttons and MMI dial are much more premium and easiser/safer to use while driving.

Bells, AllStar, Jimbob76 and 5 others like this.
  14. ASBOST

ASBOST New Member

This is the reason why I'm really looking forward to my A3. I have the VW Golf and really don't like the touchscreen.... Too dangerous imo

KenL and jassyo06 like this.
  15. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

And cheaper to manufacture

Audi Bairn and KenL like this.
  16. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

A Rather disappointing design to say the least, headlights are massive not sleek enough like the new A1's but l ain't a hatchback fan anymore and to be honest that could be any car make hatchbacks look all the same these days

Flying Scotsman, Audi Bairn and q5man like this.
  17. larbel

larbel Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi S3 saloon

The new Merc A/CLA got it right with the steering wheel touch control, but not so much the external look... One thing I hate about the newer car design is the wider hood extending OVER to the side fenders... It looks ok on the S or E Class, but looks out of proportion on smaller cars, and here, it looks totally out of place...

Audi Bairn likes this.
  18. jassyo06

Otherwise known as a clamshell bonnet

19. Daveotto

Daveotto Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Floret Silver Audi S3 S3 Saloon

A bit harder to manufacture but much less material so overall cheaper and lighter, another common theme with Audi....not so premium any more IMHO and another reason why I doubt its will be my next purchase

Audi Bairn, jassyo06 and KenL like this.
  20. wab172uk

wab172uk Well-Known Member

That could be the spy shots from a few years ago.

But, got to say, I'll be quite pleased if they don't change the A3 too much from the current one. Don't like Audi's design language of their recently launched cars.

There does look to be a huge crease line down the side of the car. Not sure that is necessary. A crease for crease sake by the looks of it.

21. Daveotto

Daveotto Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Floret Silver Audi S3 S3 Saloon

Crease lines in pressed metal allows for use of thinner material without compromising to much strength ....more cost cutting and move to feeling less luxurious. The door panels on the current 8v were already significantly thinner than on the 8p to the extent they were easily flexed while washing or polishing

Audi Bairn likes this.
  22. Tom.H

Tom.H Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Audi S3 Black Edition S tronic

I've noticed that with mine, the R32 doors were nice and solid!

23. S3LOK

S3LOK Active Member Team Daytona Audi S3 Black Edition S3 Saloon

Bit more information here: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2019-audi-s3-primed-take-mercedes-amg-a35

I'm so glad it got proper exhausts and not of that like on the new SQ5.
    Unsure about the new headlights design, mite grow on me, i guess.
    They also reckon the new Saloon won't be out until 2020 which will be about right for me as i will be looking to exchange then.
    I do like the look of the Touchscreen on the new Audi models but i hate fingermarks! i will be cleaning the screen after every journey, my OCD.

24. Kayobong

Kayobong Member Team Monsoon Audi A3 Manual

I was really hoping they would bring back the 3dr A3, the S3 hatchback looked so much better in 3dr and I've always had a preference towards 3dr A3's. I'm also not a fan of the back of this new one, looks a bit like the old A1.

Attached Files:

KenL likes this.
  25. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Audi RS4

If all cars get a RS grille what will they do for the RS?!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Audi Bairn likes this.
  26. tyr92

tyr92 Member Team Phantom Audi A3 TDi S tronic DSG

Can't unsee the back looking like the A1 now (turtle)

Kayobong likes this.
  27. jassyo06

Who says that there will be another???

Audi Bairn likes this.
  28. T-800

T-800 Well-Known Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi RS3 quattro Sportback S tronic MQB Platform

Or even a grill at all if they go electric

jassyo06 likes this.
  29. Audi Bairn

Audi Bairn Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Team Navarra Audi S3 saloon quattro S tronic DSG

Totally agree re the external looks of the A/CLA mate, imho the CLA especially has one of the fugliest rear ends going.

q5man likes this.
  30. VWNCC

VWNCC Well-Known Member

We will know how it'd go if and once the new facelift TT-RS launches.

31. jassyo06

its not a big seller for Audi at all so very possible it's production run has come to the end

32. larbel

Th
    RS3 and TTRS are selling like hot cakes over here, being considered as “poor men’s” super car... Well.. China is their biggest market anyway nowadays...

33. Avatar

34. jassyo06

Will it.. . .though not a great seller and only a limited run has been made

35. VWNCC

VWNCC Well-Known Member

I am not sure. I am just saying that if there is a facelift TT-RS, we can then determine Audi's direction for the grill difference between RS and A/S models now that non-RS models are most likely going to get honeycomb grills.

36. jassyo06

China is irrelevant but just because its selling in X country doesn't mean they'll not stop selling it others

37. jassyo06

I couldn't give a flying monkeys about a so called RS "elitism" grille, if the new car has a certain style of front air intake grille that's aesthetically pleasing all the better... in my book

38. larbel

True... But you said "very possible it's production run has come to the end" which is not gonna happen...

39. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Audi RS4

He was only answering the question, back in yer box ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

40. gamegenie

gamegenie Eazy-E CPT OG from the Otherside

I like the look of the spy shot S3. It's grill does not look disproportionately large like the current face-lift S3, and A3 with S-line.
    Nor does it have that ugly smiling lip induct beneath it which has plagued the face-lift S3 and A3 with S-line.

I'm sort of not liking how the shape of those headlights are going to look, there is too much going in the bottom right portion of that light shape, it needs to be slimmed up a bit.

41. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Audi S3 saloon

Not that much different in design, wheel arches are better.....frigging ugly alloy wheels...hope the 4 exhaust pipes stay as shown on the spy shot and not the cosmetic designs that are plaguing most new German designed cars. I would like to see a saloon spy shot as most know my aversion to hatchbacks/SUVs, practical though they are.

42. jassyo06

Down Shep down. .. ....

43. jassyo06

We'll see, it doesn't sell that well in the UK due to its expensive price tag and also they prefer the Porsche badge