Next Gen 2021 Audi A3 Sedan Debut

No restrictions in the hotel...thats what matters most,l was there last year waiter menu service....for everything....no self service...No Kids...no riff raff it's Tui's top of the range hotel...mate.Limousine service too and from airport...no mixing with minions..sorted
Anyways What's wrong with keeping a car for 3 to 4 years .....if you get the the right car in the first place it's easy to keep for a longer period of time....
Have to agree mate...My car will have it's 5th birthday this November I still think it's a great car and enjoy it everytime I drive it. It's just shy of 26k miles now ..Sure there are cars I have fancied but none that has tempted me to push the button. It's difficult to find an affordable replacement to be fair.I just can't seem to justify spending on a new car at the moment.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
l see dozens of Turbo Blue cars on my commute.....mostly TT's it's similar when photographed using a phone.....but different in the metal....ergo....l am well over the Turbo jibes.....but its incessant from a certain BITCH member who drives a slab sided black SUV...I like Turbo Blue l almost bought a TTS in this lovely colour....l have never posted anything to provoke you in anyway....yer hardly even on here.....it was my money....and Voodoo Blue at the time was and is still unique on a 8V saloon....l have spoken with another owner of a S3 in the same colour....very friendly he was.l apologise for my troll quote.....l aint the kind to brag in anyway.....l am a very down to earth chap....yes l am very proud of my car as most on here are...l am on this forum and in particular this thread because l am really interested in the new car...and it's a potential purchase for myself....but of late.....it's turned into a Voodoo Turbo Blue bitch fest.......seems like the angst of lockdown has not left them....or worse they are just bitchy men who wear their Wives thongs....and come on here to vent their discomfort from wearing them lol

You are so funny mate, honestly. And so correct, it is a slab sided black SUV, but no not black, oh no, it is Carbon black And I love it. Ergo, I might get another next time

e2a17bf3d0acb4c682b985ee771b0817.jpg

Reactions: Mr Freeze, BarryG79 and Snake Pliskin
Some strange people on here recently, I keep getting criticized for RS3 comments when I don't own one now yet I probably know more than most as I did own one for 2.5 years and 41k miles. Nowt as queer as folk ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Too true mate, seen that thread...bizarre

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
You are so funny mate, honestly. And so correct, it is a slab sided black SUV, but no not black, oh no, it is Carbon black And I love it. Ergo, I might get another next time

I honestly thought it was dark blue in colour. I never bothered reading your 'avatar' info..lol:blink:
I had an A4 in 'Ming Blue' back in 2005 it looked exactly like your pic above after a detail.
Either my eyesight is failing or I have a sh....ite pc screen :whistle2:

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan and Snake Pliskin

Looks a bit like Estoril blue mate ... lovely colour - I had an s5 in that :icon thumright:

Reactions: pburv and NevMan
I honestly thought it was dark blue in colour. I never bothered reading your 'avatar' info..lol:blink:
I had an A4 in 'Ming Blue' back in 2005 it looked exactly like your pic above after a detail.
Either my eyesight is failing or I have a sh....ite pc screen :whistle2:

Morning wrong with your eyesight or screen mate. Carbon Black looks dark blue in certain light

Reactions: pburv, SPIKE_ and Snake Pliskin
Morning wrong with your eyesight or screen mate. Carbon Black looks dark blue in certain light
A good friend had a Carbon Black e46 M3 back in the day which was stunning. Always remember it looked a great colour when cleaned up.

Reactions: pburv

Not for me, Jassy's S3 is so much classier than any SUV.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Really? Didn’t know you didn’t like SUV’s mate

Personally think there should be a Snowflake section on this forum where we can be safe in knowledge that everyone only says positive things about our car choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and Mr Freeze
Personally think there should be a Snowflake section on this forum where we can be safe in knowledge that everyone only says positive things about our car choices

:laughing: Some people do get a bit touchy round here some times :grimacing:

It might get very busy lol :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Mr Freeze and NevMan

Mate, I have no issue whatsoever, and certainly not a snowflake. If you been around the threads awhile, you would realise it is very much tongue in cheek as @KenL is a massive non lover of SUV’s, and reminds me every now and again

Reactions: KenL and Snake Pliskin
Mate, I have no issue whatsoever, and certainly not a snowflake. If you been around the threads awhile, you would realise it is very much tongue in cheek as @KenL is a massive non lover of SUV’s, and reminds me every now and again

Wasn’t aimed at you, just happened to reply to your comment as you were the last to post..

Reactions: NevMan

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Ever since Audi launched the first gen A3 it has always sold well. The new model will be no exception. It's a great looking car.:thumbs up:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and JDHOWELLS
Not quite sure why they keep showing a 35tfsi doing a launch over & over in that video ?

it has to be one of the more sporty looking s.line’s Audi has released on a 3 platform.

I like the exterior, especially the sport back, but still not sure on the dash layout, especially the touchscreen. Seats & everything else look usual Audi quality though.

There’s no doubt it will sell as it’s a mass market model. Saying that a lot may hinge on price & the market conditions which could impact on sales.

Yeh your in the fan boy club now snake with me and @jassyo06 :laughing:

I kept the golf R all of three months I made the mistake of buying one with 19s and no DCC suspension I couldn't live with the harsh ride .
It interior didn't feel as well put together as the S3 either . Out of all the performance golfs I've had over the years I enjoyed the mk5 golf R32 the most
and is the only car I have ever regretted selling .

My TCR feels every bit as well put together as my S3 saloon did, I also find it more compliant than the S3 was and both have/had DCC. Admittedly there is very little in it, but as an everyday car which is fun when you want it to be the TCR just has it, where for me it really trumps the S3 is in the looks department, the S3 was always too similar to an A3 sline for my liking. Whereas there is no mistaking a TCR for anything other than a TCR.

Reactions: KenL and NevMan
My TCR feels every bit as well put together as my S3 saloon did, I also find it more compliant than the S3 was and both have/had DCC. Admittedly there is very little in it, but as an everyday car which is fun when you want it to be the TCR just has it, where for me it really trumps the S3 is in the looks department, the S3 was always too similar to an A3 sline for my liking. Whereas there is no mistaking a TCR for anything other than a TCR.

Mine was a 63 plate R maybe the quality of materials have got better over the years on the golf or it is just me :grinning: Mine was way to harsh without the DCC . Never driven a TCR but heard good things about them . I agree the S3 and s line are similar but that goes for most model hatchbacks these days merc amg line / ford st line etc all look similar unless your in the know . I can't tell the TCR apart from a regular GTI if i'am honest apart from the naff stickers down the sides :grimacing:

Mine was a 63 plate R maybe the quality of materials have got better over the years on the golf or it is just me :grinning: Mine was way to harsh without the DCC . Never driven a TCR but heard good things about them . I agree the S3 and s line are similar but that goes for most model hatchbacks these days merc amg line / ford st line etc all look similar unless your in the know . I can't tell the TCR apart from a regular GTI if i'am honest apart from the naff stickers down the sides :grimacing:

The stickers are an option, mine doesn't have them as I don't like them either.

Pretty easy to tell them apart, they have a unique diffuser, side skirts and front splitter.

Mine is also pure grey, an exclusive TCR colour, no other VW is available in that colour.

The stickers are an option, mine doesn't have them as I don't like them either.

Pretty easy to tell them apart, they have a unique diffuser, side skirts and front splitter.

Mine is also pure grey, an exclusive TCR colour, no other VW is available in that colour.

I don't think a diffuser , side skirts and a front splitter is enough to tell them apart I'd just think nice GTI if one drove past me . All the parts you have mentioned are at the bottom of the car and aren't really noticeable unless its stationary . Yeh I get your colour is for the TCR only but if it was red , black or white i would be none the wiser .

I don't think a diffuser , side skirts and a front splitter is enough to tell them apart I'd just think nice GTI if one drove past me . All the parts you have mentioned are at the bottom of the car and aren't really noticeable unless its stationary . Yeh I get your colour is for the TCR only but if it was red , black or white i would be none the wiser .

A car enthusiast would know, several people have known straight away it was a TCR, and even non car people have asked what it was as they knew it wasn't a "normal" GTI.

The TCR has:
A unique bodykit and roof spoiler.
Unique 19” satin black wheels.
A unique interior.
A unique steering wheel.
A unique exhaust system.
An exclusive colour option.
Is (to date) the most powerful GTI ever produced by VW.

Park an S3 and an Sline A3 together and take the S3 badge off it and the only thing that would tell you the difference is the exhausts. Its even very rare to see an S3 with the super sport seats, and then even worse with the facelift Audi removed the S3 badging and replaced them with the same S badging all other standard Sline models get.

Last edited:
Reactions: SPIKE_, Bryant1998 and NevMan
A car enthusiast would know, several people have known straight away it was a TCR, and even non car people have asked what it was as they knew it wasn't a "normal" GTI.

The TCR has:
A unique interior.
A unique steering wheel.
A unique exhaust system.

Park an S3 and an Sline A3 together and take the S3 badge off it and the only thing that would tell you the difference is the exhausts. Its even very rare to see an S3 with the super sport seats, and then even worse with the facelift Audi removed the S3 badging and replaced them with the same S badging all other standard Sline models get.

A unique bodykit ? it is hardly a bodykit I'd say they are more add ons .

My point was if one drove past me I'd just think it a GTI sorry if that upsets you
Parked up I'd know the difference of course as they have those naff stickers which you can't miss .

Park a S3 next to a S line and the only difference is the exhaust ? Maybe to someone who knows nothing about cars .

Maybe that is the reason I got a Ara blue S3 because I just couldn't stand the thought of people thinking it was just an S line :fearscream: :whistle2:

Last edited:
Reactions: reefer110

The TCR has:
A unique interior.
A unique steering wheel.
A unique exhaust system.

Totally agree on your thoughts about the TCR.....I know one over a regular GTI all day long. Think they are a cracking looking car.

Reactions: KenL, NevMan and Chris4410
Rather have a golf R what can actually put the power down for around the same money

I think that is the TCR’s biggest issue too ... the price point is far too close to the R

Reactions: Bryant1998, NevMan and Mr Freeze
A unique bodykit ? it is hardly a bodykit I'd say they are more add ons .

My point was if one drove past me I'd just think it a GTI sorry if that upsets you
Parked up I'd know the difference of course as they have those naff stickers which you can't miss .

Park a S3 next to a S line and the only difference is the exhaust ? Maybe to someone who knows nothing about cars .

Maybe that is the reason I got a Ara blue S3 because I just couldn't stand the thought of people thinking it was just an S line :fearscream: :whistle2:

If an S3 and an Sline A3 drove past you would struggle to tell them apart, and your average person wouldn’t know that Ara blue is only available in the S range.

And it doesn’t bother or upset me what you think, I owned a very highly spec’d S3 from new they are a good car but I’ve been there and done that.

I owned my S3 for 3 years and in that time if never attracted much if any attention, the TCR on the other hand has 2 or 3 people a week speak to me about it, that tells me it’s a very unique and special looking car.

And as I already said, mine doesn’t have the stickers up the side, I don’t like them and they are an optional extra so unless you specifically add them they won’t be on the car.

Reactions: NevMan
Rather have a golf R what can actually put the power down for around the same money

In the wet maybe, in the dry I have no traction issues at all. If you knew cars, you would actually know the TCR has a higher power to weight ratio than the R so is actually a bit quicker, I agree with the 4 wheel drive it will always be quicker off the line.

My mate has and Ara blue S3 and it is definitely not quicker than my TCR, around an A or B road the TCR is just as quick, and as it is much lighter actually more agile.

Reactions: Bryant1998
I think that is the TCR’s biggest issue too ... the price point is far too close to the R

They’re are far fewer TCRs about, nearly every golf you see on the road is an R. I was actually able to drive the TCR and the R back to back. The R was more expensive and I found the drive numb and uninvolved, and even in a top spec it didn’t look as special as the TCR, the choice was an easy one for me.

Reactions: KenL and Jassyo06
If an S3 and an Sline A3 drove past you would struggle to tell them apart, and your average person wouldn’t know that Ara blue is only available in the S range.

And it doesn’t bother or upset me what you think, I owned a very highly spec’d S3 from new they are a good car but I’ve been there and done that.

I owned my S3 for 3 years and in that time if never attracted much if any attention, the TCR on the other hand has 2 or 3 people a week speak to me about it, that tells me it’s a very unique and special looking car.

And as I already said, mine doesn’t have the stickers up the side, I don’t like them and they are an optional extra so unless you specifically add them they won’t be on the car.

Same goes for the golf GTI/TCR the average person wouldn't know the difference . Same goes for the dull pure grey colour being special .

I don't crave peoples attention to tell me my car is unique or special or do I need my car praising like some people on here .

Good shout on the sticker delete .

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
They’re are far fewer TCRs about, nearly every golf you see on the road is an R. I was actually able to drive the TCR and the R back to back. The R was more expensive and I found the drive numb and uninvolved, and even in a top spec it didn’t look as special as the TCR, the choice was an easy one for me

l have been following this Youtuber for 18 months and he knows the VAG group of cars like the back of his hand....and he rates the Golf TCR as the best Golf ,apart from the Nardo like Grey colour of which is not to my own taste seeing one with Pretoria alloys it really does look the business...Golf R's are 10 a penny....AND add in the leasing deal stigma attached to them....l would'nt give a R hoose room....Residuals and desirability of the TCR especially in the limited run of the 3 door variant that hothatch enthusiasts seem to pander after why l dont know......supply and demand l guess

Last edited:
They’re are far fewer TCRs about, nearly every golf you see on the road is an R. I was actually able to drive the TCR and the R back to back. The R was more expensive and I found the drive numb and uninvolved, and even in a top spec it didn’t look as special as the TCR, the choice was an easy one for me.

There is a lot more R's on the road purely down to the crazy lease deals they were doing on them . Can't comment on the drive of a TCR as I said I have heard good things about them . There is nothing special looking about the TCR over a regular GTI .

And I couldn't bring myself to pay that sort of money for a car that does 60 in 5.6 either .

Same goes for the golf GTI/TCR the average person wouldn't know the difference . Same goes for the dull pure grey colour being special .

I don't crave peoples attention to tell me my car is unique or special or do I need my car praising like some people on here .

Good shout on the sticker delete .

I don’t crave people’s attention either, but it is nice when someone wants to talk to you about your car when cars are your hobby, and people are not attracted to dull uninteresting looking cars.

I don’t crave people’s attention either, but it is nice when someone wants to talk to you about your car when cars are your hobby, and people are not attracted to dull uninteresting looking cars.

I agree it is nice when people say nice car I get it pretty often when putting fuel in . I didn't say your car or how it looked was dull and uninteresting I said the colour is dull

There is a lot more R's on the road purely down to the crazy lease deals they were doing on them . Can't comment on the drive of a TCR as I said I have heard good things about them . There is nothing special looking about the TCR over a regular GTI .

And I couldn't bring myself to pay that sort of money for a car that does 60 in 5.6 either .

They’re seems to be some issue over the cost here, I paid 33k for mine, it was brand new with every option apart from the panoramic roof, and at an Apr rate of 1.9% I thought it was great value.

All I can say is if you can’t see anything special about it over an standard GTI, you need to get to specsavers as soon as they open tomorrow.

Reactions: SPIKE_
I'm sorry but I don’t see anything dull looking about this car.

20200416 200611

Reactions: SPIKE_ and TYb