new to Audi A4 cab and small issues

sublime

Reaction score
guys
i got my A4 cab 1.8T S line spec B6 and im excited :) (pics coming trmw hopefully) ok a couple of things i need help with:

1) I cant seem to find the alloy wheel lock - are these expensive to get or am i scrwd without it?

2) Also, i noticed it doesnt have s line door sills - dont they come as standard? are these easy to get hold of?

3) I cant seem to find the key for the manual hood operation?

thats all for now i think.

thanks

20130227 084658

20130227 084649

20130227 084722

guys
i got my A4 cab 1.8T S line spec B6 and im excited :) (pics coming trmw hopefully) ok a couple of things i need help with:

1) I cant seem to find the alloy wheel lock - are these expensive to get or am i scrwd without it?

2) Also, i noticed it doesnt have s line door sills - dont they come as standard? are these easy to get hold of?

3) I cant seem to find the key for the manual hood operation?

thats all for now i think.

thanks

1 if you cant find it you will have to pay to have them removed and buy new ones

2 the b6 is a sport the b7 s-line and they dont come with s-line sill plates

3 open the drivers door remove the cover and the roof key should be in there you cant miss it
if its missing expect to pay £40/£80 sh on the bay

crazy88 - the interior is quite lush.. thnx

Bez - i read somewhere that audi normally have a set of 10 and should be able to give me a lock?
re the manual roof key - i did that but on the passenger side and was left bemused - now i know why :$ - will try driver door today.

audi do keep some but they wont give you 1
they will order 1 in IF they can
have you asked the previous owner whee it is
some ppl keep them at home silly place to keep them.

bez - i spoke to the trader and he said check in the boot - will check it today and take it from there -

i noticed the glove box is loose -but it has the wire so wondering how i will try to fix that - the sticky on the forum said remove the box and use a hinge..

yeah follow the sticky for the repair
if its not in the boot make the trader pay for a new 1

hi guys
any guides for:

1) replace the passenger tail light bulb?
2) remove the grille so I can put my sline badge?

thanks

From memory about 3 years ago I last removed my grill it's just something like 4 or 6 Torx screws which are very easily accessible. A doddle to remove and replace really.

Hi Sublime,
The locking wheel nut key is in the tool kit inside the spare wheel, rear tail light bulb you have to remove the entire light by loosening the two screws at the back of the light and and sliding the unit out, and finally the grill is a few torx bits along the top of the grill and lift out if I remember.
Robbie

Love the interior, had the same on my old 05 s line, which incidentally didn't have s line sill plates either!

rear tail light dead easy. Open boot, locate plastic stopper (about 5cm in diameter) and twist off. Inside you'll see a normal Phillips screw, unscrew it but be careful you don't drop it! Once screw is removed, stand and hold the light unit with a hand at each side of it. The light unit removes sideways on a plastic ball and socket arrangement, so give it a hearty tap with the flat of your right hand sideways to the outside of the car. Should just come away freely. Then just unscrew whichever bulb is out and replace with the correct one, and slide back in revers of how it came out.

When I replaced mine, I just took the bulb to the local motor factor and got a replacement, miles cheaper than halfords!

I am not at all mechanically minded and it took me 5 minutes max

robbie
thanks - i will check the lock nut tmrw. re the grill - i removed the tirque screws but it wasnt coming off - i didnt want to force it in case i broke it- are there no clips? i will give it anther go tomorrow along with swapping out the tail light bulb. so the to remove the tail light - i undo the plastic cap inside the boot (behind the light) ? this youtube video shows the a diff screw to remove: is that just for the saloon?

Audi A4 How to change tail light bulb - YouTube

pbarlow - I had a go this morning to replace the bulb and it was easy :) still not 100% convinced ive aligned it flush when put it back in :$

next gota remove the grille to put the sline badge. Ive noticed some condensation on the front passenger side headlight - reading up on it need to replace the O ring - prob do this when I 'try' to fit the hid kit.

thanks guys for all your help

Hi guys
Any ideas which led bulbs i will need to replace the followong interior lights

Map lights
Footwells front and rear
Door ligjts
Puddle lights

This for an 2005 B6 A4 CONVERTIBLE 1.8T
Thanks

try turps
on here he supplies led kits on here