New tandem pump

mattyb6

Reaction score
Well yesterday I changed my vacuum lines as I've suspected a leak for a while now and to tart the engine bay up a little.

I've known my pump was on it's way out since October last year when hill starts (nose up) were becoming harder and harder.

Also last few month it dropped itself I to limo when booting up a slip road.

And since I've had the terra clean done is excelled the pumps failure I think.

It's now making a ticking sound a my tick over and a loud ticking tapping, clunking sound at 2.5k revs plus, I had Paul26982 to have a quick listen today and he suspects the same.... Tandem pump :(

I rang darkside developments earlier as they seem to be the cheapest, so managed to get one for £240 plus £7.50 postage 24hr courier.

Now I don't think that is badly priced in all fairness, although i did want an rs4 RARB.
:(

But apart from the pump the 183k mile pd130 is mint. Even checked the cam yesterday and there no sign of wear at all. So I'm pleased.

Il update when it arrives and hopefully it makes the engine even sweeter.

Plus thinking of letting Paul give it a map ;)

But that's another time ;) lol

Is this the same thing that would make the brake pedal go solid if the car was sitting over night?

No worries Paul
Appreciate your help mate

Martin yes the brake pedal will go hard, mine used to do whilst driving slowly, used to have to rev it then brake again.

Darkside said the pump will be here Friday morning, so il be eager to get it done before my nightshift that night

No worries Paul
Appreciate your help mate

Martin yes the brake pedal will go hard, mine used to do whilst driving slowly, used to have to rev it then brake again.

Darkside said the pump will be here Friday morning, so il be eager to get it done before my nightshift that night

Mine just goes hard when the car is left overnight or sometimes during the day at work.

Back to normal once i start it

That could be a sign it's on it's way out or could be hard as there is no vacuum when the engine is off and needs a second or two get air back through