NEW SHAPE TT

B

bainsyboy

this weeks auto express, (soz cant scan pics, but one of the boffins on here will be able to ) What are AUDI doing, like the article says it looks like bmw z4 and 1 series, personally i think its awful and auto express says that it is nigh on the finished article to be revealed at the Tokyo motor show next week even with a top speed of 155 and 0 to 62 in 6 seconds id have to be very very very drunk to consider getting one, HIDEOUS

I can't see it myself. I reckon it's either someone having a laugh or Audi putting it out to put people off the scent.

What the article is showing is the new Shooting Brake Concept. There was an official Audi press release about it on car.kak.net yesterday (11th) and that says nothing about it being the new TT, just a concept to gauge the public reaction. The Audi press release contains all the same pictures, exterior and interior as the Auto Express article.

To read the full Audi Press Release go to the following
Audi Press Release on car.kak.net

David auto express stated they where confident it was going to be the new tt, but like i said hope its not as its awful and your link above has got what i think about it in its address .Kak

Auto Express

car_portal_pic_22074.jpg

car_portal_pic_22076.jpg

car_portal_pic_22075.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Could this be the new s3?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't of thought so, as it in no way resembles the current A3.

It's not April fool's already is it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

I just started a similar thread over in the A3 forum. If no one told me what I was looking at, I would have said it's the new S3. Given that the old S3 never sold as much as the similarly engineered TTs, maybe this is an exercise in image engineering?

Dan

Its in all the newspapers today and there all saying its the new tt, the shame of it please remove the pictures there making me ill.

Hey, you should all be pleased.

If the ugly duck is the new TT is means the trade in value of the old TT is going to remain as healthy as it is now......

Why exactly is the connection made with the TT?

The Audi press released mentioned nothing about the TT, nor does the design look anything like the old TT, it's called "Shooting Brake", not "TT Shooting Brake". Are people just assuming it's the new TT off their own back? I don't think it is. From a design perspective, very very little on this car stays true to what made the original TT so successful, therefore Audi would be very very foolish not to expand on the old design, and personally I think they will when the time comes.

mark88, auto express reckons it will be the new tt also quite a few of the sunday papers where stating that they they reckon its the new tt as well Quentin wilson as well reckons it will be the tt, i think thats where the assumption is coming from, pretty sure it was quentin wilson that said he reckons that audi are getting rid of the smooth lines of the out going tt and going for harsher lines like the bmw instead, even if its not the new shape tt its still like scary spice would say " fooooooo king awful grrrrrrrrr"

I believe that spy shots of the new TT show it with the same 'face' as the shootingbrake. I personally think this might suplement the coupe and roadster rather than replacing one of them.

Dan

Im getting confussed now this weeks auto express has got impression of new audi a6, its the same shape as tt but slightly bigger and starts from just £50 k, might keep my tt and just inflate it up a bit and say its a6 and part exchange it for £40k

[ QUOTE ]
Im getting confussed now this weeks auto express has got impression of new audi a6, its the same shape as tt but slightly bigger and starts from just £50 k, might keep my tt and just inflate it up a bit and say its a6 and part exchange it for £40k

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the A5?

mark thats it my mistake the A5 it is, does say in the mag that its there image but looks more like the old tt than the new tt lol,

I think you'll find the new TT will look far more like that last pic of the A5 than the shooting brake concept. Got far more in common with the current model. I think the shooting brake is nothing more than a concept. Audi's attempt to put a bit of 'flame surfacing' into their design to see if thats what peope want.

Could be that they are planning a hatch version of the TT though, like the old Z3 M Coupe.