New S4 owner with a couple of questions

Riggsy68

Reaction score
Hi there boys and girls. Just picked up a second hand S4 Cabrio on a 54 plate, with just 45K on the clock. Love the car immensely but I have a couple of problems and queries.

1.) Occasionally when I take the roof down, the Radio stops working (just white noise). Anyone know what this could be?

2.) The Climate control decides to reset itself sometimes when i start the car up. Any ideas?

My last question is, roughly how many miles are left in the tank when the reading says '0' miles left?

Many thanks.

the radio the ariel amp is in the boot lid
you will have got a split wire between boot and car just where the hinge is strip rubber boot back and repair or get repair wore from audi

what do you meen the CC resets ? what does it do ?

In cabriolets the CC has 2 settings which it 'remembers'. The settings last used when the roof is down and when the roof is up are selected automatically when the roof is opened/closed. If you've stopped the car and the closed the roof the CC will then change to 'roof-up' settings, rather than roof-down. I may be telling you stuff you already know here, could be a fault on the roof controller? Do you know any other A4 owners to swap the CC unit out temporarily and try theirs?

Bez beat me to it with the ariel comment also

2.) The Climate control decides to reset itself sometimes when i start the car up. Any ideas?
Do you always use the same ignition key? The CC settings are remembered per key, so if you swap keys the CC will startup on different settings.

In cabriolets the CC has 2 settings which it 'remembers'. The settings last used when the roof is down and when the roof is up are selected automatically when the roof is opened/closed. If you've stopped the car and the closed the roof the CC will then change to 'roof-up' settings, rather than roof-down. I may be telling you stuff you already know here, could be a fault on the roof controller? Do you know any other A4 owners to swap the CC unit out temporarily and try theirs?

Bez beat me to it with the ariel comment also

When I say 'reset', I mean it changes temperature. Now I think about it, it only changes when I put the roof down / up, so that sounds entirely plausible. Thanks for that. Wow...... aren't those Germans clever huh? The radio suggestion sounds good too. I'll take it to Audi to have a look at.

what colour, options.. get some piccies up pls?!?

oh, and welcome!

goose