Newbie with a couple of questions.

Stfc87

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here after the purchase of my new audi, it's only going to be for a couple of years until i can go for an S4 or similar. Basically the car is a 56plate 2.0 N/A petrol (130bhp)

Could anyone tell me the engine code & or explain what the noise is i have on start up. I have linked a Youtube Video Showing the same fault, & hopefully it isn't bad news.

I'm looking for an Owners Manual either online or For sale.

Also what does it mean on the dash '1MPH' in yellow?

Apart from the faults & niggles I love how refined it is for 10 years old. Yes it's slow but i can live with that.

Thanks in advance.
*admin, please move or delete if not allowed*

Hi and welcome to the forum....to me it sounds like a hydraulic tappet that has lost its pressure but once the engine has been started it re pressurises the tappet thus making it quiet once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the reply, it only happens for a couple of seconds & then it's fine. Maybe the case. Certainly does sound tappet related.

Hi, I'm new here after the purchase of my new audi, it's only going to be for a couple of years until i can go for an S4 or similar. Basically the car is a 56plate 2.0 N/A petrol (130bhp)

Could anyone tell me the engine code & or explain what the noise is i have on start up. I have linked a Youtube Video Showing the same fault, & hopefully it isn't bad news.

I'm looking for an Owners Manual either online or For sale.

Also what does it mean on the dash '1MPH' in yellow?

Apart from the faults & niggles I love how refined it is for 10 years old. Yes it's slow but i can live with that.

Thanks in advance.
*admin, please move or delete if not allowed*

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Hope you enjoy the forum

Thank you, really good so far, lots of info but not enough time to read it :)

Welcome to the forum.

Regarding the yellow 1mph on your dash, strange never seen or heard of this before (well not in yellow anyway). A long shot but could you have accidentally set the speed limit warning? Never used it myself but from my memory it can be reset/deactivated by pressing and holding the service button (the one with a picture of a spanner on it) for a few seconds. A total guess but you never know. Either way let us know if you get to the bottom of it as I'm intrigued now.

Last edited:
You could be spot on. It wasn't there when i bought it & i was messing with the service button yes lol. I will see if i'm able to turn it off again later & let you know.
Thanks

The yellow light on the dash is the speed limit warning, cant remember how to cancel it, but just have a fiddle with the buttons on the clocks.

The yellow light on the dash is the speed limit warning, cant remember how to cancel it, but just have a fiddle with the buttons on the clocks.
Tut, can't find a roll eyes emoji but just imagine a friggin huge one right here !

Reactions: Sandra and Stfc87
Welcome to the Forum dude, cant say what has been said. Enjoy the world of Audi..

Reactions: Stfc87
now then, do I need to get my owners handbook out again this week , surely everyone has an owners handbook.....lol

Reactions: Dani_B19
here you go, owners handbook pages 33/34/35 all about "speed limit warning, setting and cancelling"
hope that helps, if you don't have acess to handbook then i'll add a link after my bacon sarny....

Reactions: Sandra
Yep, wish i did have one, would save me asking obvious questions lol. I'll see if one pops up on Ebay.

I've got one you can buy for ONE MILLIONNN DOLLAAAARRRSSS mwahahaha

there are 2 speed limit warning alerts (1) & (2)
limit (1) can be cleared whilst driving , drive at over 5km and then press down the ( check ) button for a couple of seconds, this will clear any set speed in function (1) .
to change any setting of speed alert (2) you need to do it a slightly different way with igm turned off and using the check & reset buttons.

you can get downloadable versions off the interwebby thingy for free if you have a search, failing that if you need any specific info drop me a line and i'll scan it in and email you the info.

you can get downloadable versions off the interwebby thingy for free if you have a search, failing that if you need any specific info drop me a line and i'll scan it in and email you the info.
cheers mate appreciate that. I'll get one, handy to have & keep in glovebox.

yep, keep it the car then you can browse throught it when you are sitting in the car waiting for someone....or stuck in a traffic jam from hell.l...lol