New S3 ordered!

Does anyone have a video of a DSG S3 or Golf 7R with JUST an aftermarket DP into OE exhaust system?
Not sure if this is what you mean??
Sorry it's a Golf....lol

Reactions: batch and Rob2k68
No idea, but either you or you mate need a thumbs up for having some Deftones in the background :rock:

Fair enough, but isn't that a Dido CD on top? That more than cancels out the Deftones!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and vacant
Had the car scanned today at Autobahn, and the CEL light is indeed cat-related. For now I've ordered one of the O2 sensor spacer fittings which I hope will do the trick, if not I'm going to have to look at getting the M-Cantronic software changed or, if not, going for a proper map. Neither of which I can afford at the moment!

Anyone aware of any MQB cars using a spacer to get around the CEL with sportcat DPs?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Had the car scanned today at Autobahn, and the CEL light is indeed cat-related. For now I've ordered one of the O2 sensor spacer fittings which I hope will do the trick, if not I'm going to have to look at getting the M-Cantronic software changed or, if not, going for a proper map. Neither of which I can afford at the moment!

Anyone aware of any MQB cars using a spacer to get around the CEL with sportcat DPs?
Well that sucks, at least you know it's not a critical issue.

So, do I get a cookie for correct guess?

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Well that sucks, at least you know it's not a critical issue.

So, do I get a cookie for correct guess?

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)
I knew what it was, just wasn't sure whether to get around it or not. Hopefully the spacer works...

So the exhaust trims are coming on nicely...

IMG 4357
IMG 4358

And whilst Paul is on these, I'm giving my house and car a treat with the driveway they deserve...

IMG 4361

IMG 4362

IMG 4363

IMG 4364

IMG 4365

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and jungle650
And another update, this one is NOT finished it's just had a temporary sheen applied after a wet sanding...

IMG 4366
IMG 4367

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, richinsoton, azibux1 and 3 others
Liking them!

Reactions: Sapo117, batch and Rob2k68
Oh and this is now done for the Stormtrooper to park up on...
IMG 4438

Reactions: richinsoton, Rob2k68 and jungle650
Forge turbo blanket arrived and fitted it yesterday, a word of warning it's NOT for the faint-hearted - much swearing, wrap rash and scratched knuckles and forearms and it's on...

Fairly sure this:
IMG 4448

IMG 4447

...Will be more effective at controlling heat than this pathetic piece of tin! I've got thicker Bacofoil in my kitchen!
IMG 4445

Initially I do feel better turbo response, less lag and a more eager pull. Yes you can say it's a gimmick but the basic physics back it up, lower intake temps and higher turbo exhaust side temps (ie keeping the heat in the system) will equal much better flow of gases.

Forge turbo blanket arrived and fitted it yesterday, a word of warning it's NOT for the faint-hearted - much swearing, wrap rash and scratched knuckles and forearms and it's on...

Fairly sure this:
View attachment 118097
View attachment 118098

...Will be more effective at controlling heat than this pathetic piece of tin! I've got thicker Bacofoil in my kitchen!
View attachment 118100

Initially I do feel better turbo response, less lag and a more eager pull. Yes you can say it's a gimmick but the basic physics back it up, lower intake temps and higher turbo exhaust side temps (ie keeping the heat in the system) will equal much better flow of gases.

Looks good mate - think the panel removed is more of a guard to keep hands from the turbo exhaust manifold rather than a heat shield - also the harness for the pre cat oxygen sensor clips to it where has that clipped to now ?

Looks good mate - think the panel removed is more of a guard to keep hands from the turbo exhaust manifold rather than a heat shield - also the harness for the pre cat oxygen sensor clips to it where has that clipped to now ?
Clipped it back on itself to the bulkhead.
Also another tip - remove the O2 sensor if you can as much easier to feed/shape the blanket with that out the way.

Not gonna lie, when I saw these I twitched a little... very pleased with them!

IMG 4550

Reactions: MKC, MikeParkin, Thundercliffe81 and 3 others
Look forward to seeing them fitted.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and batch
Look very nice mate.

Reactions: MKC and Rob2k68
A mate of mine, he does custom carbon fibre work in his spare time. His Facebook page is above I think? If not I'll repost a link.

You've probably answered it already but I'll ask again, how to the tips come off and go back on?

You've probably answered it already but I'll ask again, how to the tips come off and go back on?
They pull off of the actual exhaust pipes, held in place by sprung "blades" all round. Easiest way is to get under the back of the car with either a rubber mallet or a normal hammer wrapped in a thick cloth, and simply tap around the inner lip of each trim until they loosen then pull.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Tom.H
They pull off of the actual exhaust pipes, held in place by sprung "blades" all round. Easiest way is to get under the back of the car with either a rubber mallet or a normal hammer wrapped in a thick cloth, and simply tap around the inner lip of each trim until they loosen then pull.
I tried this when I got my car to coat them properly with some wax or sealant... I gave up :D Ended up knocking it pretty hard but they didn't want to budge lol

I tried this when I got my car to coat them properly with some wax or sealant... I gave up :D Ended up knocking it pretty hard but they didn't want to budge lol
Try twisting them slightly first wearing marigolds or similar, they'll only move a fraction of a mm but it kind of "cracks" the bond.

Then again, mine have been on and off more times than a tart's knickers so probably easier.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and azibux1
Then again, mine have been on and off more times than a tart's knickers so probably easier.
Hahaaaaaaa :D Will give your technique a try next time!

Man up LoL !! :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: azibux1 and Tom.H
Have tried this too - probably too timid !!

Anyone prepared to do wee vid for us wimps ? :whistle2:

Finally got these back with me yesterday - so excited to get them fitted! Just need to be patient - got a couple of coats of Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels to go on before that!

IMG 4633
IMG 4634

Reactions: Audi Bairn, azibux1, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Finally on, and of course had to give the car a once over before pics!
I've got Carbon Collective's "Platinum Paint" ceramic coating on the paintwork which I applied myself, so it's probably far from perfect, but does the job. I've recently got hold of some of their "Hybrid" nano-sealant which you apply liberally over the car when wet before the final rinse. Have to say I'm really impressed with it! Barely contact washed today, just a brief wipe with a wash mitt all over, and it's come up so well!

IMG 4651

IMG 4652

Reactions: Audi Bairn, azibux1, MikeSel^ and 2 others