New S3 ordered!

batch

Reaction score
Finally did it!

Had an email and flyer in the week regarding a "Platinum" event at my dealer (Tonbridge - now Tunbridge Wells - Inchcape) and as we're idly looking at replacing our lovely 8P S3, thought we'd go have a look.

Popped in today with my spec list in hand as follows:
S3 Sportback - S-Tronic.
Sepang Blue
Black Inlays
Bang & Olufsen sound system
Black roof rails
BSP
Comfort Pack
Folding mirrors
Super Sport seats
Interior Lighting Pack
LED headlights
Privacy Glass
Tech Pack
Tornado Caliper option

Whilst the salesman was working out some figures, the sales director told him about a "secret car"! We'd already looked on the available stock list for anything suitable, I was happy to consider various combinations of options and also look at Daytona/Glacier, but there wasn't anything showing. He walked us outside, showed me another car which fleet sales had ordered in error - and that was it!

Outside was a Glacier white Sportback, S-Tronic, with the following spec:
Bang & Olufsen
Black Styling Pack
Tornado Brake Calipers
Interior Light Pack
Privacy Glass
Super Sport Seats
Audi Side Assist
Cruise Control
Folding Door Mirrors
Rear Parking Sensors
SD SatNav
Light and Rain Sensor Pack

And the Billy bonus of a Pano Roof!

Essentially the spec I wanted, minus a couple of non-essentials, but with the roof which I'd never really considered. As it was a surplus car - apparently - we got a very sweet deal and will be picking up in a week! I've asked if I can add carbon wing mirrors but as it has Side Assist I might be out of luck...?

Will be looking at a REVO Stage 1 map and CAI once it's run in and I'm happy - nothing else planned. Happy with the day's work though!

Reactions: Leevr, 24styles, Dazzeroo and 9 others
Nice work!

The dealership I ordered mine from had about 20 in stock, but none took my fancy as they were all missing something that I would consider to be a deal breaker.

Reactions: batch
@batch that sounds totally awesome. Not long to wait either which is another bonus. Look forward to the pics when you collect. Enjoy. :) x

Yeah the only thing I'm p***ed off about is black interior styling set (inlays) - but I'll deal with it, or maybe retro-fit them. Not fussed about the LED headlights either, my only must-haves really were ILP, B&O and BSP and Super Sport seats at a push.

Reactions: 24styles
Small update - the dealer has informed me that the carbon wing mirror covers come with or without the side assist option so that is all good. However apparently the fitting cost is £240?! How is it THREE HOURS labour to have these put on? Anybody else had this, or better still, able to fit cheaper?!

Wow 3 hours - more like half hour max for both if you know what you're doing. The glass pops off (adjust it to max left or right so you can get your fingers behind it close to the retaining disc) to reveal 3 plastic clips that just lever off moulded pegs in the main mirror body.

Wow 3 hours - more like half hour max for both if you know what you're doing. The glass pops off (adjust it to max left or right so you can get your fingers behind it close to the retaining disc) to reveal 3 plastic clips that just lever off moulded pegs in the main mirror body.
Thanks Rob, might see if any Surrey members want to assist me so I don't screw it up!

Thanks Rob, might see if any Surrey members want to assist me so I don't screw it up!

You're welcome. It's easy to break the mirror glass which is pretty steep for what it is. Once off here are the fixings. The bezel has been removed from this pic but I think there are slots cutout so that you can get to these tabs with a screwdriver :-

XDovKnof

Thanks again Rob. I think carbon mirrors on Glacier white with the BSP will look excellent, can't wait to get these on. And at least if I hate them I can swap back!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Guys, a quick question - would an 8P S3 CAI kit (Neuspeed P-Flo to be precise) have any chance of fitting an 8V? I don't wish to be chavvy, but I've just taken mine off my outgoing car, and as it is likely to just gather dust in the shed, if it is a do-able fitment I'd rather use that than fork out on a new unit when I do get around to it! Any thoughts?

nope. I don't think you could even bastardize it to fit due to the shape, but if you don't mind the loss, you could try and cut down the pipe length and try, would be good to see if it can be done. (i doubt it very much though due to an extra (air bleed?) on the 8V at the filter end, out of view on the APR intake shot because it's on the lower side of the pipe fitting)

imageuploadedbytapatalk1424989232-157727-jpg.51971

E35EB352-715C-4877-BC46-E716A25DEE7B_zpsaymz6470.jpg

nope. I don't think you could even bastardize it to fit due to the shape, but if you don't mind the loss, you could try and cut down the pipe length and try, would be good to see if it can be done. (i doubt it very much though due to an extra (air bleed?) on the 8V at the filter end, out of view on the APR intake shot because it's on the lower side of the pipe fitting)
Thanks mate - I'll leave it for now, someone will get a bargain. I like the look of that APR one - is that yours? Thoughts?
Are CAIs throwing TD1 codes?

That's not my pic, but I do have an APR intake fitted and NO, it does not give a TD1 flag as Basingstoke Audi proved (to themselves, and me) a couple of weeks back on my car (even with a DTUK FSR+ box fitted)

Nice work!

The dealership I ordered mine from had about 20 in stock, but none took my fancy as they were all missing something that I would consider to be a deal breaker.
Can you tell me which dealer that was please as trying to get on ASAP?

Can you tell me which dealer that was please as trying to get on ASAP?

Hitchin Audi, part of Jardine Motors. PM me with your email and I'll send you a copy of the stock list they sent me. It's a couple of weeks old, but I'm sure they're not all sold.

Hitchin Audi, part of Jardine Motors. PM me with your email and I'll send you a copy of the stock list they sent me. It's a couple of weeks old, but I'm sure they're not all sold.
Think I've sent it

It's here!

Also got these things of beauty which due to a mix-up weren't fitted in time for collection, but they are going on asap!

Reactions: Leevr, Mattyk55, Max-Robbo and 14 others
Forgive me for being a little crude but I think I just had a small accident in the trousers! That is stunning!!! Chap up the road from me has a white 3 door hatch and I can't walk the dog past without turning my head to look at it every single time. BSP just finishes that off.

Reactions: batch and Benash20
Forgive me for being a little crude but I think I just had a small accident in the trousers! That is stunning!!! Chap up the road from me has a white 3 door hatch and I can't walk the dog past without turning my head to look at it every single time. BSP just finishes that off.

Hahaha thanks mate! I think Glacier gives it a little extra oomph too. Coming from fairly heavily modified cars in the past I like to think I have an eye for detail, hence the carbon mirrors to go with BSP and pano roof. Now can't decide whether to sell the silver S mirror caps or keep them as spares - I am a hoarder unfortunately!

Can you imagine wanting them once the carbon one's are on? If not to much of a pain to change then I guess worth hanging onto but I recon you'll have em collecting dust ;)

You'll have to get some pics up of the mirror caps when they're fitted. They look sweet.

How much were they if you don't mind me asking? Aren't they £300 plus?!

How much were they if you don't mind me asking? Aren't they £300 plus?!
Yeah, came in at £334 inclusive of VAT for the pair. However the S aluminium caps are that much each! Crazy logic there, but must mean I make some money back on them!

Y

Yeah, came in at £334 inclusive of VAT for the pair. However the S aluminium caps are that much each! Crazy logic there, but must mean I make some money back on them!

Are they aluminium effect or actual metal? You might be able to claw some money back selling them on.

Car mint aswell mate, really nice. Looks good with the privacy glass, compliments the BP

:zap:Great looking car! Glacier White rocks!

Never even considered white for the S3, but it looks awesome!

Decided I'm going to test the B&O to its limits on Friday - I think "Stripsearch" by Faith No More should show it off nicely! Anybody got any suggestions for settings/test tunes etc?

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
Hmmm... Glory Box by Portishead if you want to test the bass capabilities.

I'm mainly a classic rock/indie man, with a bit of classic dance, house and modern dance (Rudimental/Disclosure) thrown in.

Classic rock & indie... Now you're talking!

Can't beat a bit of 80s cheese either - I listened to the Rocky soundtrack on the way to tennis this evening.

I think the measure of how how good a sound system is is how it handles songs with a dirty bassline. Maybe something like In the meantime by Spacehog, or Power struggle by Sunna would be a good indicator.

Reactions: SILVAF0XX
My latest cars were all black. When I saw the Glacier White, I ordered my
A3 Saloon. Black Pano Roof and Black leather interior,
Black Headliner. My first white car and love it!

Reactions: batch and Simon L
Finally..........you got one.... hip,hip and off the Peg,Very hot looking S3,love them Carbon mirrors mate yer putting me in the Mood for them...Enjoy

Decided I'm going to test the B&O to its limits on Friday - I think "Stripsearch" by Faith No More should show it off nicely! Anybody got any suggestions for settings/test tunes etc?

Give 'Slinky' by Ozric Tentacles a blast.........that'll give the sub a good workout ;)

Reactions: PanamaS3
Give 'Slinky' by Ozric Tentacles a blast.........that'll give the sub a good workout ;)
Yer taste in Music is nearly as bad as yer Tv veiwing....lol POOR B&O..............

Reactions: pburv, PanamaS3, Blackwhite and 1 other person
Haha!! ;)

What you listening to then grandad, Val Doonican? :)

Val-Doonican-014.jpg

Reactions: pburv, PanamaS3, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I probably will get boo'd for this, but how about some Rod Stewart. :sorry:

Reactions: pburv, andrew swift, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Booooooo!! ;)

Reactions: pburv, PanamaS3, Jassyo06 and 1 other person