New member requires help.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
@Elle has PM'd me the below, and I thought you B8 owning member's would be able to help her more than I can. Cheers.

Hi - first time post, so please be patient with me! I'm having trouble seeing how to start a new query so when I saw you were online, I thought I'd ask you! I am looking at a cracking A4 Avant 2.0 TDI 143 SE exec sline 2009 model with 127000 on the clock. It is in pristine condition and been very well looked after. Guy who is selling it has had all the usual suspects done - timing belt, clutch/flywheel and suspension etc. His brother owns a garage and has carried out all the work since the car was bought in 2012. It had previously done 90,000 and had been a one user fleet car, with full Audi service history until that point. He is asking 8k for it (he has added sports suspension and 19" alloys, with excellent tyres which weren't cheap). I've looked at potential valuations online and these (taking account of the high mileage) range from 5300 to 7,700 at best. I'm selling my beloved 2003 TT cabriolet with only 44000 on the clock, so need to be sure. I have 2 questions:

Should I worry about the mileage? Is the price reasonable or a bit high?

8K for a 2009 140 TDI with that mileage seems a bit excessive. These cars take mileage very well but things such as wheel bearings , brakes and other running gear parts wear as well. Seems a little early for the clutch to have been done, but one less thing to worry about.
All prices you see on Autotrader will be negotiable, some more than others. If 8k is as low as he will go then I would be looking else where.
Do you really need 19 inch wheels with the attendant tyre costs ? .

Reactions: GAS MONKEY
Thanks desertstorm. The starting price was 8995 and 8k is his lowest price. I didn't know about the 19" wheels until I went to see it today so I can def do without them. I had a look on valuation sites like Glass, Parkers and the RAC and they all had it at around 6k (not taking account of the cost of the new tyres and wheels). Even allowing for 1k for that, 8k still feels too much. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks everyone. He put the tyres on a few months ago at a cost of just under £800 (saw the receipt) and there's been only 1000 miles done since so I can see that he is trying to recoup this cost. I've sent him an email so will see what comes back. Thanks again.

Thank you gas monkey! :nogarors4:

@Elle welcome to audi-sport.net. Hope you find a good car soon. Enjoy the forum :) x

Thank you Sandra!

Reactions: Sandra