need to buy something for the car...but what!!!!

Daz4311

Reaction score
Had my s3 saloon now for 6 weeks....and know I feel like treating her....but what do I buy for her lol.....first thought was carbon fibre airbag cover....but that won't fit......then I thought of some quattro decals for the sides....but then decided against them....so what do I buy!!!!

Reactions: funguf and S3 Turbo
Induction kit...:shrug:
and if the budget can be stretched some fluffy dice...:huh:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
Well just treated her to some v power...so she's got a full tank again...but just can't find owt else to buy...have been looking at fancy air intakes ect...but was gonna try and not start modifying this car...as in the past did spend far to much modding up other cars....so was thinking something small....liked the idea of the carbon airbag cover as wasn't to expensive....but then found it wouldn't fit...so that's what got me looking at everything else!!!

Sit tight, you'll soon have a massive list of things you want to buy for the car, trust me

Reactions: Rob2k68
Make her a favour and buy an MTM Cantronic box !

Reactions: batch and veeeight
@Daz, just a heads up mate. Nigel is moving away from the sales side of things, BUT he said he will come down and sort my next order out if I specifically want to see him! He's still going to be there, but in the background ;)

As for your car: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/made-to-measure.253661/ they last for months as well!!
So what's role has he moved to buddy.....he did say though that he didn't think he would be able to do the long hours so it does make sense

He's still on sales atm, but mentioned may be moving into an admin role...Such a nice guy.

Torch is a good idea...but don't need anymore cleaning gear. ....I've already got a garage full lol!!!!

In my 8PA I added voice controls, bluetooth, aux, cruise control and LED lighting (thanks T8ups)

All that cost me £350 which was a no brained in my eyes.

My 8v S3 saloon has all that but being used was missing privacy glass and reverse cam... added tints (which I'm happy with) and next is reverse camera then I've promised myself to stop there hahahaha

Some detailing products to keep her looking like she's the nuts! CarPro Reload would be my first purchase.

Reactions: steeve and Mike.
How about a Blackvue DR650GW-2ch dashcam.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Scottyg
20160202 155907
Cleaned her on thursday

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Jassyo06 and Simon L
It's now Saturday. Needs another wash. That been two full days. :whistle2:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Simon L
Audi valve caps very classy,carbon door mirror covers,Audi beam

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Simon L
How about a Blackvue DR650GW-2ch dashcam.

I have just installed one of these in my sportback.
It gives a lot of DAB problems!

Ive ordered a saloon. Question is, is it worth puttting the rear cam in the saloon? No rear wiper could prevent it being any use?

Get some decent detailing products, don't need nuthin else...............just enjoy driving it............:racer:

Reactions: Rob2k68, S3 Turbo, Scottyg and 3 others
Ooh valve caps....****** good idea....of to look for them right now

Reactions: Jassyo06
Carbon ducklip spoiler . . .subtle and sweet.

Reactions: pburv
Valve caps...2 available with or without type pressure monitors. ..which do i buy...

Valve caps...won't have tpms. That'll be the valve itself.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Cool..of the get them....a quick 18 quid spent lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Get some decent detailing products, don't need nuthin else...............just enjoy driving it............:racer:

Gtechniq Carbon Ceramic Serum Light + Exo2 on me next car...cant wait to apply it the correct way that is..ie one after the other...lol £89

Reactions: Rob2k68, Scottyg, Simon L and 1 other person
Gtechniq Carbon Ceramic Serum Light + Exo2 on me next car...cant wait to apply it the correct way that is..ie one after the other...lol £89

Yeah and preferably before you get any burnt in water marks eh mate!!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Yeah and preferably before you get any burnt in water marks eh mate!!

No mate,l had just applied the Ex02 kit then went on holiday for 2 weeks last July,left the car on me mums driveway.....leaving it in the warm humid weather we get up here...with the sun bleachin down...lol caused the water marks...lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
Valve caps...won't have tpms. That'll be the valve itself.

.? A3/S3 uses ABS rings to determine rolling radius and hence tyre pressure.....

Does not use TPMS valves .... Thank god.

Had them on my Evoque....just meant more expense when buying winter wheels.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Oh dear, making rethink getting the front & rear or just the front camera now!

I rerouted the coax to the rear camera 4 different ways, but could never stop the DAB signal issues.

The Dab recievers are at the top of the rear screen, so no matter where you put the camera on the rear window, it interferes.

I just gave up and started using FM again!

Oh, and dissapointingly, Blackvue know about this issue and dont seem to give a toss about solving it.
They did add a slightly better shielded cable to earlier models and this definitely helped with some users FM issues.
However, the DAB problem is pretty bad.
First and last Blackvue for me. The Transcend drivepro 200 gives a much better quality video in my opinion.
The ONLY advantage to the Blackvue is that its lower profile and easier hidden.

Last edited: