MY11 reallife pictures A3 Sportback

BTW, it`s not mine (Have a MY11 2.0TDI Q SB on order)
This is just a car i came across on the net. One of the first MY11 for sale in Germany ;)

I dont like the new style clocks .

I preferred them in black, grey is more S3 styling

What is the UK equivilent of the 'ambition' and why NO MFSW ? :think:

Still got the crap air con controls. How did they get the A4 so right and the A3 so wrong.
A4 has a rotary knob to direct select the temp, air con on/off button and a unit off button.

Totally beats me how they can produce a quality car with basics like MF wheel and auto wipers lights etc. missing.

Last edited:
The best thing about A3 is that Audi designed a great looking car that still turns heads, even though it was first introduced in 2003! The interior feel is great, exterior with big grille looks well good.

How many Focuses, Astras etc. we had since 2003?

That's what I like about it.

As for the new MY11 not too much change, which is good - why modify a great design?

Can't wait for the new A3. I'm sure it will stay on top of the game.

Totally beats me how they can produce a quality car with basics like MF wheel and auto wipers lights etc. missing.

Mad I agree, Suzuki Swift has them as standard since 2005, also has keyless entry too. Audi know people will pay the extra so its us consumers at fault for raiding the options list!

Yea but we all paid exrtra BEFORE you raid the options list !! My Mothers old Micra was keyless/ MF auto rain/ etc for 10k + luggage nets , through load and so on ..

The thing with buying an Audi is that you have choice. Each individual can choice which options he or she wants rather than having to pay for all sorts of options that they do not want. For example my SE comes with a MFSW but I would not chose one. I don't like keyless entry. Some people don't like auto wipers etc. With an Audi you get a quality car and a choice of options to add what YOU want. Personally I much prefer it that way. Some of the things that you say are better on the A4 may well be included on the 'new' A3 which will be announced soon. The current A4 is a much newer design than the current A3.

In their home market in Germany the A3 comes with much less standard equipment than UK models and a much bigger options list!