MY S3 IS DEAD :-(

hey all!

i'm still alive an very gratefull to be! i stuck it on here to highlight the points raised by Slipmat an thanks for the same! there was 4 or 5 guys on scene who had never seen anything like it before never mind watched someone walk away! i think were all in agreement i was very very lucky was it the car or luck who knows! mostly luck we'd all agree! i'm rightly or wrongly very glad i was in an S3 an not a lesser car!

Stop bickering like children an take note! IT CAN HAPPEN VERY SUDDENLY AN VERY QUICKLY AN BEING MICHAEL SCUMACHER OR MISS DAISY DOESNT MATTER (in this case)

JUST DRIVE SAFE AN BE AWARE IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU....

i've ended up driving a 99 hilux pickup... enough said! wait 2 years to get rid of some points an i'll be after another s3 no doubt

thanks to most of you for your constructive supportive advise/messages

grathies said:
Right, you just blew your point totally outta the water there Mr Right.

Their done to STRICT CONTROLLED CONDITIONS

They represent hits directly to the front, side, back and from 45 degree angles... Ive never hit a car dead straight on. Gives you an idea of quality but in reality gives you a small guide.

Off course they are set up under strict controlled conditions.:tocktock:

Grub, i think its principle now mate lol......

James..... like i said before, your argument was flawed just like mine was (no doubt you'll find something else to say to have the last word).

Lets just call an end to this, like the 'victim' said;o)

Your right i do but its not about having the last word.
How was my arguement flawed when its very simple to see that if the driver was shorter alot of the impact which hit the drivers door would of hit him on the top of his head,plain and simple but if some people want to believe that it was the amazing build quality that saved him,so be it.

Can you prove otherwise James? YOu have provided facts and figures on cleansed car crashes....that proves nothing in accordance with this crashes signature.....

I'll happily lick ya boots James 'If' you can conclusively prove to me that the build quality wasn't a determining factor in the survival in this instance. Please note, i have never licked anyones boots and do not intend to(and have probably just set myself up for a few lewd comments there), this is how sure i am that you have a better chance of becoming a god on this forum.

*awaits reply*

You dont need facts and figures to see how much impact the door took after the tree ripped through the passenger cabin,look at the photo for yourself.
YwvgElA0ZH.jpg

How do you think his head would of stood up to an impact like that if he was sat any closer.
Some people just cant see the wood for the trees.No pun intended.

james0808 said:
Off course they are set up under strict controlled conditions.:tocktock:

Right, you didnt actualy reply to my post there, really, make an effort or dont bother.

Thier undert stricltly controlled conditions, ie they dont account for lots of different variables. For instance do you know the average height of a crash test dummy? Surely that will make a difference to the ncap going on what your saying? So in theory if a shorter person buys a car, they should take one of the stars off?

Anyway Im bored of this, its like being at school, only with even more idiots.

1animal1 said:
Please note, i have never licked anyones boots and do not intend to(and have probably just set myself up for a few lewd comments there)

Thats not whats written on the back of that toilet doors on the M1 Services ;)

Like anyone would come up with dirty comments about that mate :p

james0808 said:
This is very true but dont NCAP set their crash tests up to very strict controlled conditions.
grathies said:
Right, you just blew your point totally outta the water there Mr Right.

Their done to STRICT CONTROLLED CONDITIONS

They represent hits directly to the front, side, back and from 45 degree angles... Ive never hit a car dead straight on. Gives you an idea of quality but in reality gives you a small guide.

Which is exactly what i said earlier.

grathies said:
Right, you didnt actualy reply to my post there, really, make an effort or dont bother.

Thier undert stricltly controlled conditions, ie they dont account for lots of different variables. For instance do you know the average height of a crash test dummy? Surely that will make a difference to the ncap going on what your saying? So in theory if a shorter person buys a car, they should take one of the stars off?

Reply to what exactly???You telling me something i already said.:tocktock:

grathies said:

Couldnt agree more:applaus: :respekt:

1animal1 said:
...... note to all you Vauxhall VXR and ford RS drivers....this is why the residuals on Audi's are so high:eek:)

1animal1 said:
what i am saying is that the quality of the materials used in an Audi in relation to a Ford or Vauxhall is far superior.....this must surely make a difference in the impacts the car is likely to take..... you pay your premium for a reason? or are you just buying a badge and thats it...i doubt that fact...... you are infact buying a package.....

Which is the types of tests done at ncap hence the reference,and which the ford and vauxhall was as good the Audi.

1animal1 said:
I bet NCAP didnt do a strict test on a car spinning side on into a tree

I doubt they did either as this is not a common crash scenario,thankfully.

grathies said:

Or add one on for a rear impact.Swings and roundabouts.

ok:idea: , the next person to leave a message on this thread is a c**k sucking, bum f**king, dildo licking butt plug:shutup2: :moa:

*will this stop this thread?*:nyah:

well that c**k sucking, bum f**king, dildo licking butt plug seems to be me! but guys please come on ta ****.... is this a forum for children or car enthusiasts... thumbs up for pationate discussuion but think the lines been crossed

it might be worth both of you noting i am no longer actually 'in' the car hence the photo is after to roof was cut and flapped back down killing any 'true' damage photo being taken! i obviously was busy at the time of being 'in' the car....

lol grub, honestly glad ya ok mate...... i think all peoples involved in this discussion know its meant in jest...... TBH i cant believe it surfaced so many times!! anyways, to the bin this goes...... hope you get the insurance comp sorted